Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know you're an alcoholic when...

Oh Gawd.......
    Just had a flashback to when I had a baby box to carry all the paraphernalia a baby needs while visiting.
    Used to hide the al in that !:bigcry:
    Jesus the writing as on the wall even back then :egad:
    Baby is now 32 ..............................

Comment

Knowing that somewhere in your bedroom is a hidden flask full of whiskey, hidden while drunk. I still can't find it. I know it's still somewhere, as it's not in the liquor cabinet.

Comment

Lol, I know that feeling exactly! Try looking inside a boot - that used to be a favourite hiding place for me; halfjack inside a knee-length boot, with a thick woolen sock rolled up and placed neatly on top.
        AF since 28 October 2013
        600 days on 20 June 2015

Comment

Watching a really funny Seinfeld rerun where a Polish aunt of Jerry's is talking about having a pony as a little girl in Poland before the war. The family is sitting around the dinner table and all you can focus on are the gold rimmed crystal wine glasses filled to the brim with chilled white wine. You are totally zoned out focusing on the wine and miss the jokes completely.

Comment

:bump:
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

When you are buying soft drinks for you and your friends at 7-Eleven and you instinctively walk to the beer cooler.
              In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

I was thinking about this thread the other day. Glad you bumped it.

You know you're an alcoholic when that alcoholic voice calls seductively to you after you've been a happy camper, going along really nice-like and sticks his frickin voice in your ear telling you you're the one who can mod. What do you do? You say Fu** NO you ARSEHOLE, FFS I've had enough of your Gobsmackin crap and I'm gonna go have some lollies. I'm gonna go chew the fat with my Ava for now!
                Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

j-vo;1675793 wrote: I was thinking about this thread the other day. Glad you bumped it.

You know you're an alcoholic when that alcoholic voice calls seductively to you after you've been a happy camper, going along really nice-like and sticks his frickin voice in your ear telling you you're the one who can mod. What do you do? You say Fu** NO you ARSEHOLE, FFS I've had enough of your Gobsmackin crap and I'm gonna go have some lollies. I'm gonna go chew the fat with my Ava for now!
                  Ditto J-vo!
                  IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                  Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Three and a half years after you stop drinking you still catch yourself hiding your breath (as if someone can smell alcohol on it). UGG.
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

A year down the road you still see a wine bottle and check automatically to see if it's a screw off top or will require a corkscrew !! :egad:the former of course being preferable.

Comment

Oh Satz what a great invention the screw cap was, i lost my cork screw so many times, put it in a safe place pissed. Once i had to get the boys to hit the bottle to get the cork out. There was no way i was letting that bloody cork win.
                        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Your husband hides his good scotch from you because you don't drink to enjoy you drink to get drunk

Comment

When you're sitting there with a cigar in one hand, Jameson in the other and thinking I really don't want either of these and then an hour later you're going out to get more.
                            “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                            Newbies Nest Roll Call
                            Toolbox
                            Cattleman Cafe

Comment

When you can't find that cork screw and try every method you can think of to get that bottle open like hammering a nail into the corkscrew with a brick and crumbling the corkscrew into pieces. Those bits of corkscrew are very tasty!

Comment

Picking up on the joy of screw-tops theme (second only to wine-box): When you bash the top off a corked bottle because you can't find a corkscrew and pour the contents through a sieve and into a plastic bowl to get the glass out. Then drink from the bowl.
                                AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
                                "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Working...
                                X