No announcement yet.

You know you're an alcoholic when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing else matters except the next drink..
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

You know you are an alcoholic when you just cant remember all that you did yesterday. Good or bad, you just can't remember exactly what did or did not do.

Comment

You know you're an alkie when you wake up 2.00am after passing out at nine. Unable to sleep.

When you sneak in shots and drinks between the glass that's sitting in the room. This way everyone thinks you've only had one or two drinks when you've really had loads and are wasted.

Comment

When you would rather go out then drink at home because your afraid of not having enough to get drunk.
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

When you decide to drink and go get your tall boy 3- packs,you make sure and get 3,7 for the night(which equals 15 regular beers) and 2 stashed under the bed for the morning
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Bump
              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

When even at nearly 4 years (will be next Thurs.) and you still crave the crap.

I will not drink though. I know that this will pass and that thanks to not caving in, the cravings are so weak and far apart. I just miss having a beer now and then. But I know I won't stick to 1 beer. Heck I even avoid NA beer when I am like this. I only drink those when I know that there is no risk of me relapsing and moments like this does not usually last long these days. But I know if I were to drink, I would be right back into it.
                I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

When you try to sit in the back, in the corner during an early morning meeting at work because you know that you reek of alcohol. Breath mints only go so far...
                  Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

When you're still awake at 5.40am. Have had to cancel clients and have been Downing acid indigestion tablets and water since 2am.

��

Comment

On the weekends, you pray that you will be able to maintain your steady buzz all day and not go overboard and pass out at 5 o'clock.
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

After leaving work, your stop at the liquor store includes 4-5 nips along with whatever else (a bottle of wine, maybe 2 for the fridge, a bottle of Absolut) which you drink ( the nips) one after the other the same way you'd eat potato chips, on the drive home. No one ever sees the empties.. You stay fueled via big gulps of Vodka from the big bottle which you keep hidden in the closet behind the hanging clothes. The glass of wine you pour in the kitchen, carry and sip from is an accessory. No one suspects a thing because you don't act drunk. This is the you they're used to seeing. It doesn't even make you feel that good, but its worlds better than not drinking at all. The only person that could possibly figure out what you're up too, is someone who's been there, but found a way out. There's no chance of that happening. You'd never have someone like that around.
                        Last edited by jane27; May 23, 2015, 04:07 PM.
                        AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Bump
                          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

You're constantly hiding things (wallet, cell phone, laptop) because you've come to some drunken, paranoid conclusion that someone is going to look for these things, and you're guilty. Of something.
                            AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

When you think that only one or two won't hurt after almost 17months of being happy not to drink - and realizing too late that you really were happy not to drink - only an alcoholic would need to test that theory or experiment or whatever it is!
                              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

When you only come to the bar for only a couple of drinks to end up going home wasted because you couldn't say no.

Comment

Working...
                                X