You know you're an alcoholic when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you know you're an alcoholic when...

You take a drill to the cork just to get the fecking thing open.
    You spend your time in he liquor store weighing your options, trying to get the cheapest wine with he most alcohol content.
    Your aluminum can stash grows beyond belief and it seems you went to the recyclers last week!
    You prefer aluminum to glass because you can justify getting some money back by recycling.

*i relate to the 'looking for screw caps' also, and all other methods of getting the cork undone*
    Constant relapsing is soul destroying.
    I cherish my soul, it is the most important thing to me in the world. I cherish my soul even on th bad days. This is why I do not drink.

Comment

You find yourself pouring your alcohol containing beer into beer bottles that say non-alcoholic beer. Well, at least it worked for me a few times without me getting caught.

Comment

You don't drink in pubs any more - or very little if you even bother to go out
        You can wait until you get home to get wasted.
        Your secret is safe / you're a hero for driving :
        win/win

Secret was so safe that when I quit people were/are dumbfounded -what was the problem ????? :headscratch:

Comment

You use the word ONLY in front of any quantity of AL you drink. 'I only drank 4 beers!' In our world, ONLY=Justification=Rationalization. We are alkies, ONE is too many. Using the word 'ONLY' when describing quantity of AL is a Marker....(sign here, you are one of us). Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

You have a list of 10 or more convenience stores to go buy your beer and you try to plan to go to different stores on different days -so they won't think that you have a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by danpeet View Post
              When you don't stop drinking until you get wasted
              I can relate. When you can't say no to another drink until your wasted.

Originally posted by Byrdlady View Post
              You use the word ONLY in front of any quantity of AL you drink. 'I only drank 4 beers!' In our world, ONLY=Justification=Rationalization. We are alkies, ONE is too many. Using the word 'ONLY' when describing quantity of AL is a Marker....(sign here, you are one of us). Byrdie
              DriftyAlison0
              I included my name because when I would fail at a quit and have a few beers, that is what I would say to myself that it was only a few and when I would have a couple of beers, I said I only had 2 beers, I should be able to hide the fact that I was drinking once I get the taste of it out of my mouth. I am so glad that those days are behind me. My birthday was yesterday and I celebrated it sober, the way it should be.

3 years sober and ODAAT and with faith and work, I can and will make it to year 4 of not drinking.
              Last edited by DriftyAlison0; December 23, 2014, 10:59 PM.
              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

You know that you can not count on yourself to begin or finish any project -you can only drunk talk it.

Comment

you know you are an alcoholic when you go out, plan on being home early but instead stay out drinking until 3am, and the next day(your 5 year old son's birthday) you spend taking multiple trips to the laundry room so you can throw up in a bucket and hope no one notices...

Comment

You know that your an alcoholic when you wind up drunk when you were not wanting to be drunk and feeling sad that your drunk and couldn't say no to that 1 drink.
                    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

You know you might have an alcohol problem if you are in the heat sauna (trying to detox) and then you wind up damn near having a heat stroke -passing out.
                      Last edited by Spiritfree; March 31, 2015, 03:19 PM.

Comment

OMG spirit free, are you ok? That is so dangerous!
                        Sadly I can identify with so many of these

Comment

When you lose your wallet in the house after a night of drinking.A few days later you find it in the house, and to celebrate, you get wasted again that night.

Glad those days are over.

Comment

You sleep with your bottle of vodka under your pillow as you hope its the only place DH cant search whilst you are passed out drunk and its right there, safe, when you come round to pour a large one to help the nausea and shakes.

You go to put a date on the calendar & you notice that for the last few months there is either a DK or DRK on every day. You slowly work out it means DH has been marking you un-knowingly every day. Rating me as either drinking or drunk. Horrified. There was 1 day marked S......

I still to this day do not know which one means 'drinking' or which one was 'drunk'. I have always been too ashamed to ask.
                            Last edited by autumn; March 24, 2015, 03:53 PM.
                            I can not alter the direction of the wind,

But I can change the direction of my sail.

AF since 01/05/2014

100 days 07/08/2014

Comment

You let your 15 year old daughter be your designated driver
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

You know you are an alcoholic when you won't try a new restaurant - no matter how good the reviews, or the ravings of your friends - because you realize they don't serve alcohol. (I've since tried it, and the food is really good)
                                Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Working...
                                X