You know you're an alcoholic when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
    When you drive with an open tall boy in your lap covered by your work apron,sneaking sips at red lights, talk about ballsy and just plain fucking STUPID!
    I was even EVEN stupider, and ballsier Pauly. I didn't even have a work apron to hide mine under. Good GRIEF!!!
    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Respect

Comment

And, due to my kindling I read red lights as red tights and...well...you know the rest

Comment

Shambles, you wanna go over to chat?
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdie, you're a peach. :love:

Comment

Having to find a shop selling alcohol on a Sunday morning when staying at Hotels with DH, under the guise of having to get the Sunday papers. Then having to find some secluded alleyway to pour into a water bottle, then there was the dilemma of where to toss the empty vodka bottle. I hated being a litter lout! Sneaking it back into the room was always heart poundingly stressful! And all before breakfast.
              I can not alter the direction of the wind,

But I can change the direction of my sail.

AF since 01/05/2014

100 days 07/08/2014

Comment

Bump.
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

when you'r husband and son call 911 after you've fallen down the steps, hit your head, and become unconscious...for the second time.
                  Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Switching to"ice" beers that homeless people drink cuz bud light couldn't get the job done anymore
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Haha, yeah, Pauly. I contemplated trying to get compensation from the "King of Beers" Company when it was brought out in the news that their Bud Light Beer contained less alcohol than they claimed. I KNEW they tasted "watered down"!
                      :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

When you see someone throwing away a full grocery bag (double bagged, so no one could see the contents) at a local drugstore and remember when YOU did that to get rid of your empties.
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hiding under the pillow when the bin men collected our bin and the racket of the bottles being tipped into the dumpster was enough to wake the dead

Comment

After four years still having that need to drink but thankfully its so weak now that I know that I won't drink.
                            I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Bump
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

When you wake up and the morning scared to ask your partner if you said or did anything really stupid the night before. Because you have no memory of the
                                night before.
                                All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Comment

Working...
                                X