No announcement yet.

You know you're an alcoholic when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you have the flu and you revel in the fact that it wont cramp your drinking style.
    AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

When you wake up/ come to in the early hours of the morning realising you have only about a glass of booze left, and trying to make it last until 9. a.m when you are first at the till of the liquor dept at the supermarket with the next 2 days supplies, and staff are still opening up.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Bump up for Woody.
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdie:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Comment

The other morning I didn't have toilet paper inthe house and realized that I had left the pack I bought in my car,well going out to get it I remembered the days when I would sneak out in the dark around 4:30 am before hubs got up to run to the gas station for beer,sneaking it into the house praying hubs wasn't up sitting in his chair yet,not a fun memory at all
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I've got quite a few of those kind of memories, Pauly.
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

When despite everything you decide to drink at noon after 3 months off,I'm just so sick of chasing happiness that I can't find!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

You can do this Pauly, set your sights for 4 months, then beyond!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Too late Cowboy, I'm over it

Comment

I had a different post, then deleted it.... thought maybe I had misunderstood but then realized I hadn't...
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Well since you have all the answers anyways you should've known

Comment

Hey now, Pauly.

Comment

Sorry Pauly, I thought you were close to 5 months, but you mentioned 3 in your post.

Comment

When you drink too much and while going to the bathroom, puke all over yourself. You clean up the shirt but leave it to mom to discover it weeks later. Thank god the stain came out, I loved that shirt. I think I posted that story before but could not remember so decided to do it in case I didn't.

You know your bad, when you can outdrink the karoke host and only been drinking for short time (2 years for me)

Hence why I knew I had to quit when I did. Its bad when you can outdrink more experienced drinkers.
                              Last edited by DriftyAlison0; December 23, 2016, 11:30 PM.
                              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

You know your an alcoholic when you cant remember why you cant remember :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                                X