Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Sea and startingover.....sea, I'm wishing good things for you and the job...keep me posted. Yeah, for your daughter too....what a great gift. I'm a football fanatic as well....HUGE San Diego Chargers fan! I was an athlete (baseball) back in my college days, so I am a sports junkie in many ways. What team do you root for? Startingover, the breathing is an excellent way to relieve tension....as is exercise. I start out each day with '10 minutes'.....that is, upon waking up, BEFORE getting out of bed, I take 10 minutes in absolute silence and breathe slowly while reviewing all I am grateful for in my life and the positive images I wish to see in the day ahead. It's a wonderful way to start off each day on a positive, relaxing note............well, to all of you, have a wonderful Wednesday!!
    Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

I Finally Found It

Hi all,
      I kept reading references to the Newbie's Nest and couldn't find it. Still not very good at navigating around here. Thanks, renewal for bringing it up the list just when I needed to read these positive posts.

I'm on Day 3, tough time right now--middle of witching hour. Been on the computer with hubby about in-laws this afternoon. Looks like my weekend will be one big stress blowout involving them and yet another family "crisis" that they all seem so good at creating. I realize I was getting through the week AF partly by looking forward to moderating this weekend, but now plans may change, so I'm starting that old nasty bargaining with myself. "Well, if you can't drink this weekend, then just drink tonight. It will balance out." Yadda yadda. I've had such a good day, a clear day, that I don't want to give in. Damn it! I hate this crap! Sorry. Alley

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Fellow Newbies
        Alley, I am so glad that u are here. You can do it!! Have you read the book? That's a good place to start. Do not give up!! I know all about the "bargaining" with myself, and even with God. Fortunately, after all I have learned in AA, when those thoughts enter my mind, I know exactly what I am doing. I am setting myself up with "stinking thinking". I must think the drink through to all the way where it will take me, which is not a nice place. Please continue to jump in the "Nest" and let us know how u r doing.
        Nice to see you renewal. I am a New England Patriots Fan through and through, for life!! First game is tonight against Baltimore. I have to work which sux, but whatever. It is preseason. Sorry IAD, but I hope the Pats kick some Raven ass.lol. Sorry, Love my Pats.
        I worked with a Chargers fan last year during the season. That was fun. I love having someone to antagonize during football season.lol. The challenge will now be football without beer. One game at a time. I wish u all well in reaching your goals for the day.
        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh yeah, sorry SO. I get carried away with football. Can u tell? lol
          The Serenity Prayer
          God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
          Courage to change the things that I can, and
          Wisdom to know the difference.
          Best wishes.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All,
            Renewal, Sea, I am a complete numpty when it comes to football, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about
            Alley, it DOES get easier, I know its hard especially when life throws crap at you. And stress it the last thing you need right now. I am being helped SO much I think with the supplements Lglutamine and kudzu. Something is helping to keep me relaxed and not craving and I think its them as I have NEVER experienced this before. Keep going sweetie, you will get there.

Sea, thank you for the prayer I am going to start using that now. Wise words.

SO xxx
            PS Day 30 for me today
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great thread! Renewal, fantastic job getting this going. It is so important to travel this journey with others who are where you are at the same time. Trading tips and stories, joy and sadness.

I am proud of all of you! Keep rocking! You are doing great!!

Love, Me
              :l
              Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:wd::yougo::wd: Way to Go, SO!! Treat yourself to something nice. Hope this day is very special for you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you Sea. It IS a special day. I just feel so happy and proud of myself - I have done something right at last !!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all......sea, I liked you.....until you talked football. Being a Charger fan, I despise the Patriots since they have been knocking my team out of it every year....or so it seems. Alley, great to have you here....as you can see, it's a wonderful place to be. Last night at work, they offered an AA mtg for the patients (I work in a psych hospital).....I listened in as brought my patients to the mtg....I've never gone to AA, but I was just impressed by the honesty and humility shown. We're not perfect folks....society puts all kinds labels and expectations on us all, yet we are human and make mistakes. For some, it's drinking too much. For others, it's abusing their wife, or stealing, or overeating, or looking down on other people. My point? Give yourself a break! You have a problem, just like everybody has their own issues. You however are working to improve your situation. Next time you feel like kicking yourself.....give yourself a pat on the back instead.....and keep plugging away. It's a journey, not a sprint. All the best,
                    Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starting Over....YOU MADE IT!!!!
                      A Million Leprechaun Good Wishes!

Lots of love,

o2m xx

WOW thank you o2m I am delighted and feel SO much better. Thank you for your wishes, I will use them wisely

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Renewal,
                        I am definately a newbie and struggling to get my day 1 AF. I am glad I found this place. I feel stronger now.
                        :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Newbies Nest

akgirl,

I think you need to put the drink down and kiss that puppy's face off, lol!! Such a doll!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks,
                            Just got him a month ago. Love him to pieces but he's alot of work.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I know what you mean - I have 3 dogs and 3 cats. It's worth it. They are the only reason I'm still around to get sober.

I'm so glad to hear about all of your sober stories. Congratulations!

I'm kind of freaked out right now. I (miraculously) have over 60 days sober, but my topa's delayed - got lost or stuck at customs or something. They're supposed to be sending out another shipment. I'm just praying that it'll get here before I run out and that I can stay sober if I have to reduce the dosage for a few days.

I wish I had a topa tree.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Larisa,

It's not my sober stories...wish it was. I'm still struggling. Getting stronger though.

Take Care

Comment

Working...
                                X