Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi LTG,
    I'm glad you're joining in to help this thread along. I look forward to getting to know you. kriger
    "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starting,
      Sorry to hear you had a rough few days. It sounds like you have come to realize what needs to be done, tho. I imagine you've already gone to bed. I hope you wake up tomorrow feeling much better! kriger
      "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kriger thanks for chiming in. We can keep this going. Hell, we here all the time anyhow...LOL!! It's almost bed time for me and husbo and no drink tonight Hoping for a beautiful tomorrow with y'all!
        :l
        LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just catching up here. Starting over- I have a hard time reajusting to being AF too. Sometimes I really really miss alcohol. And knowing that I wont ever be able to drink again makes me sad. Guess it's just part of the grieving process, but hang in there. Everyone tells me with time it will get better.

Welcome Christy, this site has helped me especially when I really want a drink. The people here are wonderful.

Kriger, Congrats on 8 days AF !!

89 days AF for me.... tonight is just like every other night I still want a drink. I try and keep myself busy so I dont think about it so much. I have read the MWO book and started some of the supplements that I could buy at the local store. They didnt have the Kuzu and I dont have that powder supplement, for now I am just doing a MTV. Haven't started Topa because I am worried about the side effects. If it makes me unable to find the words or seem slow / confused then it may affect my job. Dont know if I should try it or not. I do know I would love a miracle pill to take away this craving though.

Sea, Thanks for the serenity prayer. It is very powerful and does put it all in perspective. Hope you got that new job. And the only thing I know about football is ----- GO HUSKERS.

Comment

Newbies Nest

It's another day! I slept so so last night - could have been alot worse. I am feeling pretty good today. Going to try to get some chores done but will be popping in often to check in. I printed the book yesterday so I have that to read as well. Newbies, please feel free to hope on this thread and/or join live chat. It really makes a diff. That is what got me through last night AF. Thanks everyone! Have a blessed day and stay strong!
            LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way to Go LTG! You made it through last night! I am proud of you too. Knowing that you have all of us hanging in the wings makes all the difference in the world doesn't it? Go forward into your day with a new sense of confidence and pride.
              Have a great day newbies and all others popping in today. kriger

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you for all of the support and positive reenforement! Kriger, you are right about it making all the differrence in the world. That is why I want to keep bumping this thread up and inviting all the other newbies to join us. Hell, we'll be newbies for some time yet to come ourselves, right? A word about the word "again". Alot of us are beating ourselves up over being at day 1 (again) or day 2 (again) or day 3 (again) and so on. Here's a more positive suggestion for the use of the word. I'll start the list of "agains" and encourage everyone else to join in. Here goes:

I made my husband lunch this morning -AGAIN
                I am catching up on my chores - AGAIN
                I baked a cake this morning - AGAIN (okay, so it was from a box...LOL!!)
                I get to go shopping and just buy food - AGAIN
                I can enjoy my pets - AGAIN
                I can scrapbook for my grandkids - AGAIN
                I hope this helps us appreciate our seconds chances and provides incentive to stay AF. Going sober means we are only missing on one thing - AL. Looked at all we miss by drinking. Please in!
                LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great post, LTG! kriger

Comment

Newbies Nest

LTG - I also loved your post. I am going to mow the lawn - AGAIN. Thanks

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All,

Wow Rosey 89 days. that is fantastic!!!
                      LTG Well done!!!
                      One2, Kriger, thank you for the good wishes and support. One 2, you are right, I am feeling jittery at the moment it is a huge adjustment.
                      Rosey, you hit the nail on the head with the grieving too.
                      I am feeling a little better today, still a bit anxious but have had some gaba and bought myself another book to inspire me on this journey - Cleaning Up by Tania Glyde about a woman who has give up the booze. Things like that and this place really do help me.
                      This weekend is going to be a first for me af. We are going to stay at the in-laws for a couple of days. Usually I drink a fair bit on these days and smoke too. This time I won't be so a bit scared to say the least. Hubby has been great, he just says "take your books, your lime juice and when you need to, lock yourself away and go onto MWO!" Knowing I can log on really helps.
                      I am so pleased to hear that everyone seems to be doing great. It IS worth it isn't it??
                      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening everyone....

LTG, aren't those days wonderful when we get up, without feeling like total crap, and get so many things done that we would never have done if we were hungover? Those really are fantatic days! I need to rmember more about those days!!!!

Had a good, busy day...very bagged...and heading to bed, end of Day 2!

Night all!
                        AF July 6 2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Christy and Starting,
                          I can hear the HOPE in your posts. Good job, both of you!! kriger

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great job Christy! See you on day 3! It's going to be great
                            LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hellooo fellow "Newbies",

Was busy posting this yesterday and hubby rocked up to take us off for a surprise shopping spree - what fun!! Bought a whole lot of garden stuff and other nick nacks at a really cheap warehouse.... love a bargain!!

Well I'm onto day 14 and feeling great other than the headaches and I have a pinched nerve in my lower back that is making my bum ache...LOL although it's so NOT funny as I hardly got any sleep last night!!! Oh just had a thought.... maybe my bum is sore cause I spend too much time sitting on it in front of the computer:bananacomputer:

I'm "working" from home today so taking it easy as the week has been pretty busy so far, which is great as it's been keeping me out of mischief....:H

Hope everyone is having a fine and dandy Wednesday today!!

Dee
                              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone! DeeBee, what a nice surprise from your husband! How fun. 14 days is great I am at day 3 and feeling good today. Night sweats again but that is not new to me at my age...LOL!! Going to find some more "AGAINS" to do today. Thanks for all the chat last night with everyone! It makes all the difference to me. Have a blessed day y'all!
                                LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X