Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nora's journey

Hi, Nora:

I've solved that problem my trying to just stick with pets and kids on Facebook. I feel like either I'm preaching to the choir, or I am baiting someone with a different opinion to engage. Either way, I decided that FB is not going to be the forum for an enlightened discussion about ANYTHING. I do like FB for seeing what others are up to, but I have REALLY tried to disengage from it in a way so that it doesn't make me feel bad. Otherwise, why be there at all?

Your brother does sound like a bully - I wonder why they have to keep engaging you? You are brave to put your opinions out there when the rest of your family feels differently.

Anyway - keep up the positive relationships in your life and try to let the others float away on clouds.

I personally am feeling depressed also. I am tired of some ongoing struggles in my life (a sick parent for one, a tough situation at work for another), and some days I just want to take a day off from life. Unfortunately, life doesn't work like that, so I am trying to focus on gratitude and taking care of myself when I can. I most certainly will not drink, as I know you won't either...

Take good care,

Pav

Comment

Oh Pav - :hug: I am sorry that you are in the same boat with feeling depressed. And, you are right - it would be nice to take a day off from life.:apathy: But, you are right about taking care of yourself and focusing on gratitude. :heartbeat:

And you are very right about Facebook and I rarely post anything like that. And that is exactly why - no reason to even attempt to discuss something on there. I'll stick with my happy posts (maybe )
      Last edited by NoraC; February 25, 2018, 06:19 PM.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora, dear:hug: I agree with Pav wholeheartedly on this:
        I've solved that problem my trying to just stick with pets and kids on Facebook. I feel like either I'm preaching to the choir, or I am baiting someone with a different opinion to engage. Either way, I decided that FB is not going to be the forum for an enlightened discussion about ANYTHING.
        Don't post anything other than pictures of enjoying your life with others. Do what JackieClaire does and put a Block on your brother's posts. I hope your blue mood lifts and I am so sorry about the work situation. Been there and done that. Let me know if I can help in any way.:happy2:

Comment

Well - Cowboy reminded me that I have been AF for 1000 days.
          Wow - hard to believe. I had decided that I was going to die. I had given up. I could not stop drinking and frankly didn't even think that I wanted to anymore. I was so down & depressed that I couldn't see up.
          I was a shell....totally lost. And, step by step, I started moving forward. Slowly but step by step. And now, I know that it was the best thing that I ever did for myself.

AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora, you are doing so great! 1000 days is awesome!
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Way to go Nora! 1000 days is such an accomplishment, Yippee!!!
              Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
              "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

A huge congratulations to you, dear sweet Nora! The Quad club!

Comment

Yay, Nora!

I have followed "Nora's journey" since I came to MWO. I love your honest struggles, and am so excited to celebrate this amazing milestone with you! CONGRATULATIONS, and keep on moving forward!

xo
                  Pav

Comment

Way to do it, Nora! I'm happy but not surprised you've achieved this milestone! You're an inspiration to us all. xx, NS

Comment

[MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], congratulations, darling. :hug:

It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]-you never miss anyone's special milestone days!!:heartbeat: You are very, very dear to me, and the rest of us here at MWO. THANK YOU, MY LOVELY!!!!:love:

Comment

Thank you all so very much. You never gave up on me. Thank you
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

ah Nora - I didn't see this - wonderful you are --- way to go girl!!!!! xxxxx
                            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Oh Nora belated 1000 days. A wonderful achievement for you to treasure. I am so proud of your achievement and have loved watching you grow and be the you, you always have been.
                              Much love. xx
                              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Nora you gorgeous Raaaaawk STAR you!

Congratulations on 1000 days booze free! Lot's of love admiration and respect from over here. G X

:woohoo2::sendflowers::llama:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                                X