Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE NEXT DAY THREAD, Monday Aug. 10

Morning good people,

For all those who had a rugged, sad or ordinary weekend - hey! it's a brand new week. New week = new adventures.

Be well.

Morning Tawny and all to come.

Yes a new week full of possibilities.

I think I will focus on one day at a time.
    Shas
    Just keep on swmming, just keep on swimming!

Comment

Morning Tawny, Shas and all to come.
      Its nearly my bed time here, but heres to a great monday for all of you on the other side!
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Morning, folks. Just finished watching 'How to get ahead in advertising' on dvd. Richard E Grant is a brill actor!
        I'll do whatever it takes
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Morning everyone, have a great week
          It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Good Morning everyone!
            I was going to be a smarty and be first to post the Next Day Thread as I was awake and on computer at 2 AM!!!!
            Now of course I are very tired, and have promised to go bike riding in a couple of hours.
            Tawny is so right... new week = new adventures for me and Mr Rags. In a rush of blood to the head we put in an offer on a house for sale. We now have to do all the tap dancing involved with getting our place sold, solicitors, NSW Stamp Duty (money for nothing!), settlement etc. Watch out for Rags' posts on the ongoing house selling saga!
            Hey Going: One day at a time is the only way to go!
            Hi Tigger: Haven't seen that film. Last one I saw was Samson and Delihla (sp) about a couple of young aboriginal kids. Very moving.
            Geez Starting, do you have another outfit? Black is so formal!

Comment

Good (mid) morning everyone.
              Great thread starter Tawny...and I couldn't agree more this morning....
              New week/new adventures.
              I have the boy off sick with flu.
              So we're making cup cakes (what better way to spread the virus among friends) and generally having a gorgeous day.
              Hope everyone's made a good start to the week.
              Bridge
              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning Everyone
                Hope your house selling goes ok for you rags.
                Yes a new week...thanks god....I had a good weekend work wise but that was about it, so here's to a new week ahead.

Hubbie goes into hospital for a day on Wednesday, lets hope he comes out in a better mood........lol
                Hope you all have a great day
                :dancin: enguin:
                starting over

Comment

Its still Sunday night here. But I am still sober. Another AF weekend under my belt. Willing to put the next weekend AF as well. But will focus on a day at a time.
                  I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

It's Sunday night for me too! I have made it 3 days AF and looking forward to making it 4. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
                    'I can honestly say, all the bad things that ever happened to me were directly, directly attributed to drugs and alcohol.' - Ozzy Osborne

Comment

helo and goodnight everybody,have a good sober day/night

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Arvo all!
                        New week=new experiences, yep, and why not make it a new beginning too? Make a plan, get organised, get yourself pumped, and give booze the boot! Af life is amazing. but only if we get our attitude right. And this means........getting our THINKING together. My drinking wasn't my problem, my thinking was. It is a huge mental battle, for we are fighting a formidable foe, who knows our thinking intimately. That foe is ourselves. But, once my attitude changed from one of 'missing out/deprivation', to one of joy and gratitude, It is so much easier. I hardly struggle these days, as life unfolds, and i just want to get out there and live it. So much to catch up on!
                        So get out there folk's, and get yourselves amongst it.............

On another note. Saw a stray roo, looked youngish, scared and confused, bounding down the highway this morning. It ran in front of me, and thankfully missed other traffic. The young fella disappeared down a suburban street. Reported the incident, and rang around tonight to find the outcome, but no news. I fear the worst actually, as there are too many streets and highways around for him to find his way. I know roo's are can be a pest in some area's, but i can't help feeling sad. But! You never know, he might have been rescued.

Have a maaagnificent evening all................

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

What a great post Mr G. Its all in the attitude I agree. Also from my perspective, it was getting treatment for my depression which I am now wondering if it has been a longstanding problem for me.
                          I never thought I could enjoy life and feel as relaxed as I do now. Its taken time and still much work to do, but you are right, it is SO very worth it.
                          Keep up the good work!

Comment

I really hope Skippy was taken care of too. Nothing worse than seeing distressed wildlife but there are many good folks out there I expect that know what they are doing, so I hope they could help him.

Comment

Morning,afternoon,evening.
                              Great way to start a Monday.
                              My 5th Monday AF.
                              No shaking,no sweating,no trying to pluck the courage to go to the corner shop to pick up a bottle of wine.
                              It's a win win situation.
                              Jackie xxxx
                              AF since 7th July 2009
                              It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                              X