Army Thread 9th September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KTAB;711256 wrote: Hey Tip has it occured to you that drunks are very boring to sober people? Speaking personally here, not about you.
    Absolutely, KT.

I've asked Mrs. T about it - she hasn't drunk a drop of AL in her entire life (other than what you find in cough mixture or mouthwash) and yet she can stay up until the wee hours chatting to the likes of myself. She says it doesn't bother her all that much, somehow. She "zones out" and chats to the more sober ones.

But while I was still tapering down (when I fed the potplant Margerithas) I was decidely unimpressed by people who think who think they are soooooooo clever when they're drunk...
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

I've found out why Mario gave Oney the shits:

News - A Step Beyond: It's the end of the world!
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;711263 wrote: I've found out why Mario gave Oney the shits:

News - A Step Beyond: It's the end of the world!
        I never thought of the date in that way, I was sitting here waiting on 9 seconds, 9 minutes after 9 o clock to get the full 9:09:09 on the 09/09/09.
        No wonder Oney had her kni***rs in a twist.

Comment

Hi Mario, thanks.
          Tip I often thought watching a video of my behavour when drunk, if such a thing existed, played back would be a strong incentive to stay sober. About 8 weeks into my AF time I was designated driver for an evening at the races and entertainment afterwards and ended up in the company of a group of people, all heavy drinkers, that I know very well. Boy talk about an eye opener. Did I really act like that, getting louder as the evening progressed and repeating my self 4 or 5 times and getting more drinks in quickly when the bar was about to shut. I was way worse than that before, I know I was. Lets hear it for sober, boring or not
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Doesn't Mrs. KT get tired of having to say "Yes dear, you're right" all the time? Are you SURE you're not even 50 yet?
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;711275 wrote: Doesn't Mrs. KT get tired of having to say "Yes dear, you're right" all the time? Are you SURE you're not even 50 yet?
              Bad Tigger:H

Comment

I doubt very much if I am right half of the time. And no I am not 50 yet, even though I may sound like an old fart.
                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

KTAB;711279 wrote: I doubt very much if I am right half of the time. And no I am not 50 yet, even though I may sound like an old fart.
                  Just kidding KT, but you are wise... but not in an old fart kind of way
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Jeez its great to have good neighbours. Next door borrowed a few bits yesterday and the son brought them back yesterday evening. He's a plumber and noticed my oil tank was leaking. So he had a look at it then and has just left after fixing it, he needed a part. One good turn deserves another was as much as it cost me. Maybe today mightn't be a bad day after all.

Comment

Jeez, Opes, my silver lining thinking is rubbing off on you, don't you think?

How's kitty doing, by the way?
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Evening All,
                        I am relieved to find the tone of the thread nice and low.
                        Twisted knickers and 69's.
                        Funny Ktab, I have thought for many years that video footage of my hi-jinks would be the ultimate deterrant.When I mentioned this to a friend (problem drinker also) she seemed to think it would be bad for our self esteem Maybe much better to be blissfully unaware ourselves, but clear in the minds of the moderate drinkers around us.
                        Amazing how desensitised we become to embarassment.
                        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Hiya Bridge,

Kitty is much better today thanks Tip, poor thing was waiting outside the bedroom door when I got up this morning. She was starving as I wasn't allowed to feed her until today.

Comment

Hey, Bridgey Babe

How's the gammy foot?
                            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;711295 wrote: Hey, Bridgey Babe

How's the gammy foot?
                              Hi Tippy and Opes.
                              On the up and up here. Foot still insitu.
                              What's up Opal? Bad day ?
                              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

hey All!!

Opes...nice one on the boiler.....

I am traumatised...I went out to clean the kids Wendy house in the garden and there was a dead mouse/rat/thing with a long tail in it (courtesy of the feckin cat)...anyway, I got the shovel, and was really brave and went to scoop it up but I was so nervous and only managed to turn it over and it was full of white maggot...you could hear me screaming a mile off...poor Mia was looking out the back door in hysterics because I was screaming so much...

I got it on the shovel and threw it over the back wall...washed everything down with bleach.

I am ok now.
                                "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                                NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X