Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boot Camp Reopened Week 1

Where is the Sarge? Anyone seen him?

Nurse Jones? Do you have the Sarge in your quarters?
    CW

One Small Step for Man, One Giant Leap for Mankind.

Comment

Miss Behaving;1051662 wrote: Rags, I'm just eating my very boring cereal and milk and wish I could come to your place for breakfast!! I'm envious that you still have raspberries - they are by far my favourite berry fruit, but they have a short season here and are very expensive. We tried to grow some a couple of years ago but got precisely 7 berries off four canes :H:H

Got off to a good start today with an hours workout with my morning exercise group. We do it in a park by the harbour and on still mornings like today it is just beautiful and worth getting up at 5:30am for!! Had a bit of energy this morning so pushed myself a bit harder than I usually do. My quads feel a bit wobbly from large numbers of squats and lunges :H:H

Next two days will be a bit of a challenge as I have to go away for a (residential) conference which is usually characterised by free flowing wine and crap food (crap as in nice food, just not particularly healthy). If anyone has any suggestions for getting through it I'd be glad to hear them! I'll take fruit and yogurt with me, but I'm not quite sure how to deal with getting enough salad or lean protein that isn't covered with dressing and oil. (And its a big conference, so everything is pre-prepared)
      I planted 2 blueberry plants and a raspberry plant about 3 months ago. Have got 6 blueberries so far. The raspberry is putting out canes, so maybe something next year. But I don't think it's cold enough where I am. They're fairly expensive here too, as are the blueberries, butas it's a short season I indulge while I can.

Morning exercise: Channel TEN here used to have a 6 am exercise class on tv, set in different locations round Sydney. They stopped it years ago. Wish they'd re start it.

Conference: Good start would be not to eat desserts, which I'm sure they'll have, and if cheese plate comes around, don't be tempted. Have some fruit instead. Cheese unfortunately is absolutely chockers full of calories that immediately go for the hips.
      Hors d ouvres : again choose carefully. Much as I love 'em, don't go for the fried stuff.
      For me, if there were starters going round, I always had to balance the other hand with a glass of something, so for me, pre dinner nibbles are now a no no.

Dinner will probably have sauces or have meat of some sort in a sauce. Don't eat the sauce. If it involves spuds or rice, don't dip the spud or rice in sauce. And only eat half the spud or rice or pasta.

Better, go to reception, ask them to organise a salad for you with dressing on the side. Even though it's a big conference, they can organise it for you. Tell 'em your vegetarian.

There ya go!!

Comment

Charlotte's Web;1051835 wrote: Where is the Sarge? Anyone seen him?

Nurse Jones? Do you have the Sarge in your quarters?
        Now here's someone who likes to live dangerously. :H

Comment

Miss Behaving;1051662 wrote: Next two days will be a bit of a challenge as I have to go away for a (residential) conference which is usually characterised by free flowing wine and crap food (crap as in nice food, just not particularly healthy). If anyone has any suggestions for getting through it I'd be glad to hear them! I'll take fruit and yogurt with me, but I'm not quite sure how to deal with getting enough salad or lean protein that isn't covered with dressing and oil. (And its a big conference, so everything is pre-prepared)
          Any chance of advising them of dietry requirements? I've noticed recently that restuarants are more informed about different ways of eating and that sometimes it's down to allergy not choice.
          CW

One Small Step for Man, One Giant Leap for Mankind.

Comment

Rags;1051841 wrote: Now here's someone who likes to live dangerously. :H
            Sarge has gone to Washington.

Well.....that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Sarge is going to Dubai and he's scared shitless. Not about being in country but the flight...there's been threats. My boss said you'll be fine. However, it was suggested by legal that I fly separate from my direct report and their systems engineers. Guess they don't want us ALL going down together. I have a huge off-shore deal in Egypt that is bleeding $$$ Trying to re-route systems to Saudi backbone. Did I ever tell you Sarge is a big fat scaredy cat...FROGGY??? FROGGY???

Were the HELL is Private Zenners???

P.S. I'll see you bottom feeders in a few days!!!
              “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Hmmm ... I don't know, Sarge ... you'll do ANYTHING for those extra Frequent Flyer Points, won't you? Why don't you chuck in this Mega Biz Wiz thing and become a florist? Or a hairdresser. Or an axolotl wrangler?

In the meantime, gird your loins.

Comment

tawnyfrog;1051908 wrote: Hmmm ... I don't know, Sarge ... you'll do ANYTHING for those extra Frequent Flyer Points, won't you? Why don't you chuck in this Mega Biz Wiz thing and become a florist? Or a hairdresser. Or an axolotl wrangler?

In the meantime, gird your loins.
                  Gird my loins? You SEXY beast...

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Sergeant Sir!
                    A gastronomic delight is headed my way Sir! and I just have to indulge SIR!

A wonderful restaurant in Sydney is closing at the end of March, Mr Rags is taking me there for lunch this Friday. Piccies of our meal will be posted for gastroanalytical criticism SIR!

Becasse Restaurant, 204 Clarence Street, Sydney 2000

However Sergeant SIR! I shall be upping the ante and exercising more for the rest of this week SIR!
                    In anticipation of the degustation to come SIR!

Comment

Rags;1051952 wrote: Sergeant Sir!
                      A gastronomic delight is headed my way Sir! and I just have to indulge SIR!

A wonderful restaurant in Sydney is closing at the end of March, Mr Rags is taking me there for lunch this Friday. Piccies of our meal will be posted for gastroanalytical criticism SIR!

Becasse Restaurant, 204 Clarence Street, Sydney 2000

However Sergeant SIR! I shall be upping the ante and exercising more for the rest of this week SIR!
                      In anticipation of the degustation to come SIR!
                      I didn't know Becasse` was closing.

You're spoilt rotten by the way. That's the second time you've been there in a coupla months. Are you having the degustation again ?

Actually don't answer that :H
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Hope the trip is safe Sarge and you'll be back quickly.

Do you burn more calories in the cold? enguin::snowflake:
                        Because I snowshoed in minus 30 degree weather today. I had frost on my eyelashes.

It was beautiful but friggin cold the first 10 minutes. And yes you can break a sweat no matter how cold it is if you work hard enough.

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1051959 wrote: I didn't know Becasse` was closing.

You're spoilt rotten by the way. That's the second time you've been there in a coupla months. Are you having the degustation again ?

Actually don't answer that :H

You are right, in many ways I am spoilt Nurse Jones. I pay for it by being fat.
                          That's why I am now in boot camp.

Yes to the question you don't want me to answer.

Justin North is to open a 25 seater in a Westfield somewhere in Sydney, so decided to close Becasse. And he opened a steak/hamburger joint as well. What a funny turnaround.

Comment

Meech;1052331 wrote: Hope the trip is safe Sarge and you'll be back quickly.

Do you burn more calories in the cold? enguin::snowflake:
                            Because I snowshoed in minus 30 degree weather today. I had frost on my eyelashes.

It was beautiful but friggin cold the first 10 minutes. And yes you can break a sweat no matter how cold it is if you work hard enough.
                            Geez Uz Meech, I'm gonna be there in a couple of weeks. Do I need to pack more thermals??? Is that minus 30 fahrenheit or celcius?

Comment

Quick check in you guys,

Been very busy lately and can't keep up so just check a few threads and this is one of them - need to keep up with all you guys on the exercise and eating front. Not so good here, still trying but could do better, am enjoying the bellydancing class (week 2) which will really firm up my 'core' and hay we could all do with a firm 'core'

Haven't had time to read back but hope you are all good and will catch up over the weekend I hope.

Dewdrop :h
                              Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Yes, I like a firm core Dewdrop.

Hope things are getting more managable there Sarge.

A few changes here this week. I have decided that Baclofen doesn't suit me so well at this point so will be titrating down again and ceasing. Not much sense in doing Boot camp if you can't be bothered booting anything. :H

Bac induced food cravings here, so diet is quality food, but way to much of it.
                                Onwards and upwards troops.
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X