Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boot Camp Reopened Week 1

Wolf :H

Diet is fairly immaculate here. Very much a Bodytrim/Paleo hybrid (thankyou once again Pte Web)

Saw an early morning TV show re super foods today, and the making of a superfood smoothy for breakfast including maca, acai, cacao beans and heaps of that other crap that Sarge bangs on about.

For anyone who's interested, story and recipe attached:

Stars slimming secrets
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I think Wolf should consider changing his name to Fox. Or Ferret.

Comment

What about axolotl ?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I'd consider an axolotl. They're cute.

Comment

I'm not ready for a relationship (any more)
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1063540 wrote: I'm not ready for a relationship (any more)
              DITTO
              :h Mish :h
              sigpic
              Never give up...
              GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
              Remaining a perpetual possibility
              Only in a world of speculation.
              What might have been and what has been
              Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Where's all my fitness buddies gone?

A love/hate gym session today - intervals of running and walking. 1 min walk and 2 mins run for fifteen minutes. At one point the thread mill was upto 10kms / hr. (6.25mph). I've only been upto 8.5 Kph (5.3 mph) before. I was almost crying and asking for the speed to be dropped by my PT wouldn't give in. Once I'd finished I felt really proud.

My first goal is to lose 5 kgs by 7 March and I am well on track.
                CW

One Small Step for Man, One Giant Leap for Mankind.

Comment

Charlotte's Web;1065083 wrote: Where's all my fitness buddies gone?

A love/hate gym session today - intervals of running and walking. 1 min walk and 2 mins run for fifteen minutes. At one point the thread mill was upto 10kms / hr. (6.25mph). I've only been upto 8.5 Kph (5.3 mph) before. I was almost crying and asking for the speed to be dropped by my PT wouldn't give in. Once I'd finished I felt really proud.

My first goal is to lose 5 kgs by 7 March and I am well on track.
                  I'm here, CW. We're in the grip of a heatwave, so exercise has ground to a bit of a halt. Where is everyone?
                  Fantastic job on the treadmill. I can't ever even get to a run...I feel like I'm going to end up base over apex, so just walk for an hour. However, I'm talking past tense, as I haven't been on a treadmill for about 5 years. Gym Membership is out of the realm of possibility while I'm working in the garden.
                  Keep that up and that 5kgs is history. :goodjob:
                  sigpic
                  Never give up...
                  GET UP!!!

Comment

Friday Training Session - 45 mins Kick Boxing!

Mish, How is the garden going? It's probably more satisfying than gym stuff as you get to see garden improvements too.

Well, if the Sargeant's not around, we may as well head out for Full Fat Latte's and Doughnuts.
                    CW

Comment

Charlotte's Web;1065608 wrote:

Well, if the Sargeant's not around, we may as well head out for Full Fat Latte's and Doughnuts.
                      I'm with you, CW. I'll have a ham, cheese and tomato toastie with far too much butter ... and I mean BUTTER - full fat, not that canola substitute tub of crappage ...

Let's see if that'll flush him out ...

Comment

tawnyfrog;1065675 wrote: I'm with you, CW. I'll have a ham, cheese and tomato toastie with far too much butter ... and I mean BUTTER - full fat, not that canola substitute tub of crappage ...
                        I am so with you on that! Give me a tiny bit of full flavoured fat butter rather than any synthetic substitutes!! Trans fats (in low quantities) are essential for brain development of kids aged 7-13, and for assistance with reducing the risk of osteoporosis in post-menopausal women

Sarge - week one of boot camp has been going on a long time .... is week two very far away
                        Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

I LOVE butter and it's one thing I don't give up. I just don't have / use as much. I just can't stomach margarine.
                          CW

Comment

Pte Rags reporting Sergeant SIR!!
                            Am in Canada doing special snow training SIR!
                            They have strange food here Sarge.... Elk burger with avocado, pickle and beetroot SIR!
                            Am sticking to my ration pack SIR. Except for the scrummy hamburgers SIR.

When I return to normal duty I shall be doubling up on the exercise regime SIR!
                            Am unable to report much more due to restriction on internet time SIR!

Comment

Charlotte's Web;1065608 wrote:

Mish, How is the garden going? It's probably more satisfying than gym stuff as you get to see garden improvements too.
                              Much excitement to report, CW. The guy from Australia Outdoor Living called yesterday and they're coming to put the turf in on Friday. I still have some seiving to do before then, as I've been a bit slack since the heatwave kicked in. 38 with 91% humidity kind of damps ones enthusiasm. Fortunately we're looking at a few cooler days so I can throw myself back into it with great gusto, knowing the back will all be done by the weekend. How excitement!
                              The vegies have gone ballistic (throwing in a Military term for good measure). I was worried about the lack of female flowers on the squash plants but they seem to have just appeared all at once. I've only seen one bee, so I was helping the fertilisation process, but there are some tiny little black ants swarming over the flowers and I have baby squash everywhere. My lebanese cucumbers are also going mad. Finally my lettuce have reached the stage where I can rely on them alone for salad. My beetroot, which were a bit weedy looking have picked up (leaves lovely to add in with the lettuce) and my patio plants and baskets are thriving in the tropical weather.

Looking forward to Sarge getting back from Washington. How lucky are we to have such an illustrious leader?
                              sigpic
                              Never give up...
                              GET UP!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X