Boot Camp Reopened Week 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sarge here. I'm @ the gat dang NYSC ready to smack a racquetball into submission. FYI, I don't let a mere minor injury set me back! I will then shower, think about you vermin and catch my train. I'll provide a full report with a critique of your progress later this evening.

P.S. YES, I feel your love!!!

P.S. #2 BRIDGE???
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Reporting in Sarge - bran flakes with berries, soup & pita bread then tuna & noodles
      for my 3 meals today plus 30 min brisk walk
      (Ruined it by eating a whole bag of pretzels while watching a movie tonight)
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

Reporting in

Decaf coffee
        fennel tea
        Wheetabix (and no sugar) and milk
        Wholemeal toast

Egg salad sambo

Pork steak
        Roast spuds
        peas and carrots

All supps taken inc detox ones.

50 min brisk walk

small bar of chcolate
        "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

tawnyfrog;1038969 wrote: OK Sarge - I'll play your silly game and test myself a tad. I haven't run foreeeeever. I don't do runnage. So, this evening at 6:50pm I set off to ralk around the perimeter of my property. (ralk = run + walk). I figured 20 long, swift stides followed by 10 quick sprints should be ok for starters. Well - I'm back at 7:02 huffin and a'puffin - but I completed the circuit. I know, I know ... only 12 minutes does not a marathon make but hey - I haven't run since the Mr.Whippy van almost turned out of our street.

Sweating nicely now. Might I add, I performed this dastardly feat wearing my Blunnies. Let's see if I can improve tomorrow?
          Fusking heck......knock me down with a feather....the frog is in bootcamp.....I'll be back in a minute for a cup of tea and a good lie down:H:H:H:H:H
          I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Miss Behaving;1038943 wrote: Sarge, very happy you are back, but I think you should let us into the secret as to your last edit :H:H (yes, some of us read the fine print!!)

Monday is my day off Sarge, but this is after a 2km sea swim and an 18 km bike ride on Sunday.

If you have a magic wand for my running Sarge that would be great ....... just dont seem to be able to do it like I used to.

Eating wise was good too - cereal for breakfast; chick pea and couscous and vegie salad for lunch; various left overs for dinner including fresh raspberries which were completely luxurious!!!!

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the troops!

Missy your diet is good by I want to see you ingesting more protein. I'll have Cooky check to make sure. No magic wand for running as I'm not sure of your issue. Let me know and I'll ask that jackass Techie what he does!
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Scuse me bad manners Sarge and fellow bootcampers. The shock of seeing the frog enrolled in bootcamp almost did me in. Well I'm back on track after a major hiatus in both training and eating sensibly, taking supps regularly blah blah blah.

I'll be checking in three days a week, as I am working three days on and four days off.

Started the day with a walk with my new doggie. She was a dog-sled pullling husky in another life and as a result gives me a hell of a workout for 30mins per day. 40mins interval training on the exercise bike; 20mins fitball core exercises and weights; 10mins yoga/stretching.

I gave up coffee late 2011...felt much better without it.....now back on the poison.....it gives me the jitters so no more as of tommorrow.

Food today: 2 x wholegrain toast with egg and tomato and chillies

Chicken breast salad , 1 x apple
              handful of sunflower seeds and a V8 juice, heaps of supplements

See yas later when ya undies are straighter (inside joke)
              BTW if I worked as hard as the poor buggers that I take for Personal Training, I would be herculean shape (but dont you dare tell them that)
              I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Well may you chortle, young Sapphy ... I'll have you know ... what I lack in style, I make up for in persebloodyverance.

Comment

tawnyfrog;1039395 wrote: Well may you chortle, young Sapphy ... I'll have you know ... what I lack in style, I make up for in persebloodyverance.
                  Did I mention anything about your Style Froglet? Not a thing (snide snigger behind the hand)...and I'm well aware of your persebloodyverance....your a super Frog to be sure

Comment

Gday Zenners, your diet list is most imp ressive

Comment

Evening Sarge! Such a busy day I didn't have time to check in before this...but you will be happy to hear I DID find time to get up at 5:15 a.m. today and do a power walk followed by 20 minutes of weights.

The eating part was not good -- no bran flakes or oatmeal. (In fact I think there was a doughnut involved at one point from a co-worker) But on the other hand nothing excessive....I know I need to start tracking that part too...!!

Comment

tawnyfrog;1038969 wrote: OK Sarge - I'll play your silly game and test myself a tad. I haven't run foreeeeever. I don't do runnage. So, this evening at 6:50pm I set off to ralk around the perimeter of my property. (ralk = run + walk). I figured 20 long, swift stides followed by 10 quick sprints should be ok for starters. Well - I'm back at 7:02 huffin and a'puffin - but I completed the circuit. I know, I know ... only 12 minutes does not a marathon make but hey - I haven't run since the Mr.Whippy van almost turned out of our street.

Sweating nicely now. Might I add, I performed this dastardly feat wearing my Blunnies. Let's see if I can improve tomorrow?

I see you got a case of attitude. We're just gonna have to work on that. You hear me? Mixing the walking/jogging with some sprints is EXACTLY a GREAT way to get back in shape for much longer runs. Doc tell me you're a gat dang leaper though. What in the hell is up with that. I don't want you running in boots. I gonna slap a pair of cross trainers on you which will build up those lovely cuisses de grenouilles.

Comment

MISSING or AWOL

If anyone has any information regarding Nurse Jones PLEASE report to Central Command immediately. See was last seen leaving the infirmary on a routine Tick & Bed Bug inspection in late November. This is the most recent photo...

Comment

Thanks Zenny girl, your elliptical effort is impressive too....thats bloody hard work that is...I reckon it used 1.5x the amount of calories as a bike. And yes Lucy is a little champion, as soon as her eyes are open she is begging to rush out the door for her walk.

Comment

techie;1039411 wrote: If anyone has any information regarding Nurse Jones PLEASE report to Central Command immediately. See was last seen leaving the infirmary on a routine Tick & Bed Bug inspection in late November. This is the most recent photo...

last time I laid eyes on her Sarge, I am sorry to report, she was chasing after that character that looks just like Hugh Grant...some shelias have no taste at all Sarge:H

Comment

Pride before Fall;1039119 wrote: reading "The Eat Clean Diet for Families" and have motivated myself to get rid of all the crap in my cupboard. Now I have nothing in my cupboard. >>

:H:H:H Wag

OK Pride get restocked with the RIGHT stuff. Now I need you to report back with your progress. NOW GET IT DONE SOLIDER!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X