I did not drink yesterday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't drink yesterday and man, I'm feeling damn good about that this morning!

Nelz, I had a beautiful fish aquarium years ago and I trully miss it. Maybe I'll get into that again myself. I had African cichlids. They are pretty hardy and therefore a good fish to start out on. Plus, they come in some pretty cool colors for a non-tropical fish (they are fresh water...I never did anything with a tropical aquarium, although those are soooo beautiful too. A bit expensive compared to starting out a bit more humble with fresh water). I just googled some info for you and found this link:
    African Cichlids

They are pretty territorial fish and are fun to watch. Some get pretty big if you have them for a few years. We started out with a small tank and then loved it so much that we invested in a big bowed front aquarium on a wooden stand, it was really cool. Then I ended up divorcing my ex husband who I did this all with and left him with the aquarium as well as my beloved green wing mcaw parrot, but that is another story. Keep me posted on how you do with this...you've inspired me to get back into it too!

PS, did I mention that I did not drink yesterday? LOL
    Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
    :h

Comment

I did not drink yesterday. The first Sunday in probably over a year. Woot!
      Goal 1: Today
      Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Luk, so happy for you. Great job! It all starts with baby steps.

Sending you peace and strength.

Comment

BlondeAFAmbition;1224519 wrote: I didn't drink yesterday and man, I'm feeling damn good about that this morning!

Nelz, I had a beautiful fish aquarium years ago and I trully miss it. Maybe I'll get into that again myself. I had African cichlids. They are pretty hardy and therefore a good fish to start out on. Plus, they come in some pretty cool colors for a non-tropical fish (they are fresh water...I never did anything with a tropical aquarium, although those are soooo beautiful too. A bit expensive compared to starting out a bit more humble with fresh water). I just googled some info for you and found this link:
          African Cichlids

They are pretty territorial fish and are fun to watch. Some get pretty big if you have them for a few years. We started out with a small tank and then loved it so much that we invested in a big bowed front aquarium on a wooden stand, it was really cool. Then I ended up divorcing my ex husband who I did this all with and left him with the aquarium as well as my beloved green wing mcaw parrot, but that is another story. Keep me posted on how you do with this...you've inspired me to get back into it too!

PS, did I mention that I did not drink yesterday? LOL
          YAY to the no drinky! Thats a lovely looking fish. This one here is the one that changed my mind into going saltwater:

When you see it in person, it is almost EXACTLY the same color as my motorcycle.....it is a HAVE to HAVE LOLz

lukalee;1224522 wrote:
          I did not drink yesterday. The first Sunday in probably over a year. Woot!
          Luka: I love the way you've set some "baby step goals" and made them public, adds quite a bit of self/peer accountability.

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1730001=6531-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/1730001=6450-attachment.jpg[/img]
          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

I did not drink today. Or the previous 7 days either.
            Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Lukalee how goes it?

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

Comment

I didn't drink last night. I was invited to a b-day party last night but with special church services today, no way there and back, and no money (since I am saving for my own birthday) I stayed home. I wouldn't have drank even if I did go since there is nothing worth drinking for, not even my own birthday.
                I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

i didn't drink yesterday, nor the day before, nor the day before.
                  it just occurred to me today that i have just had the first af weekend in a very very very very long time!!!
                  lukalee, i really like how you've listed your goals like that. truly breaks it down into small steps. i'm a "leap ahead" sorta person so that, for me, makes a good deal of sense!

Comment

BEAGS!

I have been thinking about you. It's great you had a breakthrough.....feels good, doesn't it?

Keep going, my precious pretty-eyed roo!
                    Sober for the Revolution!
                    AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Hello Turny!
                      Ah you are so kind!
                      Breakthru perhaps, certainly feels good atm. Drinking a lot of coffee though! & warm milk at nights! No chance of osteoporosis if i keep this up!

:l:thanks: &

Comment

I did not drink yesterday either
                        Or today.
                        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Good Morning
                          6 AM , Day 19 AF feels great , I did not drink Sunday, usually I would be blasted all day. Feels good even though the sleep is messed up and cravings are there.. better than the hangover.

Comment

there is nothing worth drinking for, not even my own birthday
                            Alison, wise words. The excuses for drinking are a ruse, really. To imagine that we can't enjoy any given day without alcohol is brainwashed thinking. We're sold that idea for a very long time. It's up to us to rise above it and save ourselves. You're a strong girl, and I always love hearing how you overcome what typically would be tempting situations!

Guy, thrilled to see your progress. You're doing a fantastic job - I've been keeping up with your posts and am so happy for you. You sound stronger every day.

Sun - congrats to you I know you're coming up on 60 days - I'm following in your footsteps........that's my next goal!

Hi to everyone else - we're doing great and in good company!! Luka, hope you're still with us.

Sending you all peace and strength.

Comment

Thanks Unwasted
                              But today is day 70, actually :H
                              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Unwasted;1229216 wrote: Alison, wise words. The excuses for drinking are a ruse, really. To imagine that we can't enjoy any given day without alcohol is brainwashed thinking. We're sold that idea for a very long time. It's up to us to rise above it and save ourselves. You're a strong girl, and I always love hearing how you overcome what typically would be tempting situations!

Guy, thrilled to see your progress. You're doing a fantastic job - I've been keeping up with your posts and am so happy for you. You sound stronger every day.

Sun - congrats to you I know you're coming up on 60 days - I'm following in your footsteps........that's my next goal!

Hi to everyone else - we're doing great and in good company!! Luka, hope you're still with us.

Sending you all peace and strength.
                                Exactly what she said.
                                And I did not drink yesterday.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Working...
                                X