• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did not drink yesterday.

tlrgs;1176886 wrote: hey there girl sending love and big hugs RC
    Thanks T.
    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Affirmative.

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

Comment

RingingCedars;1176645 wrote: A very trying weekend all around but I did not drink yesterday.
        RingingCedars;1177144 wrote:
        Affirmative.
        Hey fellow Canuck!! I've been following your thread and just have this to say :goodjob::goodjob:. And sending you :huggy and :h.
        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Yes ringing cedars, following you to, your doing great, keep it up :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Thank you both my Canuck friend and Mr. Mario.
            Woke up with a smile on my face and excited for the future! Now that's not been a common occurrence for many years. I am fast forming a friendship and business alliance with an incredible woman who is incredibly like minded and has braved many similar situations. At 16 she fled Israel as a dodger not willing to pick up a machine gun and kill to give an idea of her fortitude. She does not like the taste of alcohol and does not drink. Interesting that she mentions she has offended people in social situations for declining a social drink. Even a life long non drinker has been made uncomfortable by the culture of alcohol. Anyways, I did not drink yesterday!

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Look at you go, RC.

Your friend sounds like a very interesting woman

Can I be your friend in the North.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

You are my friend in the North JC.:l

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

RingingCedars;1176670 wrote: Nice work Irie. I've matched your 7. How bout I raise you 7?? (I'm really not a poker player)
                  Thanks, RC! I'm still working on 7 days, though. Today is day four. When I first started posting, I said I would never drink again, and then slipped up. Next, I joined a couple of 30 day AF threads, and again could not make the full 30 days. That left me feeling like I had failed, and yet on the other hand my overall drinking has gone from a bottle or more of wine every single day, to the same amount, but maybe two or three times a week. For me, that's progress after 20 years of daily drinking.

So, my goal now is for 7 days, which I will have accomplished by Sunday morning. I have every intention of extending that streak, though. I'm not the same person I was when I first logged on to MWO. I know deep in my heart that I am going to make it, and that I have all the tools I need. I just need to do my part, and never allow myself that first sip.
                  ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
                  -----------------------------------
                  Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Irie;1177432 wrote: Thanks, RC! I'm still working on 7 days, though. Today is day four. When I first started posting, I said I would never drink again, and then slipped up. Next, I joined a couple of 30 day AF threads, and again could not make the full 30 days. That left me feeling like I had failed, and yet on the other hand my overall drinking has gone from a bottle or more of wine every single day, to the same amount, but maybe two or three times a week. For me, that's progress after 20 years of daily drinking.

So, my goal now is for 7 days, which I will have accomplished by Sunday morning. I have every intention of extending that streak, though. I'm not the same person I was when I first logged on to MWO. I know deep in my heart that I am going to make it, and that I have all the tools I need. I just need to do my part, and never allow myself that first sip.
                    Hey--still good job Irie! I misread your post. Here's a link to a thread I started in May and gives you some understanding of where I've been and where I would still like to be. Some might say I have a thick head.:H I am abstaining with a real live friend until our Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada. Then I go from there with my journey. If I can encourage you along the way, I will.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ase-44792.html

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

I did not drink yesterday and this chest thing has finally let go. Feeling strong again.
                      btw--after reflecting on my post yesterday, I will say that when I feel this great, I sometimes think, why bother with al ever again....

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Go You RC - I am so proud of you !! Hugs to you :l

Love, Sun X
                        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Thank you Sun.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

RingingCedars;1177837 wrote: I did not drink yesterday and this chest thing has finally let go. Feeling strong again.
                            btw--after reflecting on my post yesterday, I will say that when I feel this great, I sometimes think, why bother with al ever again....
                            Glad to hear you're feeling better, and keep that thought close to you....:goodjob:
                            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

I did not drink today. And for that I will go to bed a winner.
                              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Im just followin muh buddy Drifty around.................LOL Ive come too far to start my count all over again, Ive got "six months" in my cross hairs.
                                Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Working...
                                X