I did not drink yesterday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations Sunbeam, I know that was a bit of a milestone for you.

Still feeling out of sorts with this Christmas stuff but........
    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Another beautiful day, I did not drink or smoke yesterday.
      AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
      As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Good for you. I look forward to be able to say "I didn't drink today."

Comment

You can do it... Crawl before we walk, walk before we run and so on, and so we take one step at a time.
          My smoking I was on a 10 hr flight and by the time I was in a "smoking" area again it had been 12 hrs, I decided to see if I could make it another 12 and I did, now I had 24 and have been doing one day at a time since and tomorrow will be 3 weeks...
          Drinking I take the same way, one day at a time.
          FT
          AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
          As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

iknowicandoit;1432903 wrote: Good for you. I look forward to be able to say "I didn't drink today."
            As FT said, yes you can. Most of us thought we could not go a day when we first started, but look around at all the af days being racked up by so many. Try making a promise to yourself to be healthier for one day and break that day up into minutes or seconds of conscious free will if you have to. Plan and control every aspect of that day then revel in your success and march on into the next day. See you soon.

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

Comment

I did not drink yesterday nor will today.

RC I love "I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be." Did you write that? I am going to use that as my motto. Being able to tell myself I am better than I was, but know I will never be perfect even being af will definitely help me on this journey.

Comment

LOL I don't know if I'm plagiarizing someone or not! Seriously, I think it's all mine. Feel free to correct me anyone and definitely feel free to use it Clear Eyes. xo

And yes, I find it helps me take the self induced pressure off but still a gentle reminder to keep moving forward.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

AF yesterday as well......Ive posted this song before, but it sounds like what you guys are saying.............

Enjoy, unless you dont like Tim McGraw or country.......LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO0keYA21oI[/video]]Better Than I Used to Be -- Tim McGraw (Lyrics on Screen) - YouTube
                  Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

That's a great song Nelz. I'm not a country fan but I know I've heard it before. Maybe that's where I gots the idea.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Hi RC, just popping in for a wee :hallo:

FT - did like your comment on giving up smoking. I think that is a great way to look at it.

Iknowicandoit - actually, weknowYOUcandoit too. Do it.

I didnae drink yesterday by the way.

Comment

Yo RC! Pop in everyday!

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

I did not drink yesterday - nor do I wish that I did.....

MWAH !
                            It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
                            Mother Theresa

Comment

Excellento Nicey!

Praise me, not drinking being the norm now.

MWAH!

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Cleaning the fresh dump of snow on a beautiful sunny day will be enjoyable even.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Working...
                                X