Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Thursday 24th November

Good morning, Army

I think I'm coming down with man flu. Sore throat and manky sinuses. Ugh... The last thing I need right now.

Welcome back, Whizzy! I just caught the tail-end of yesterday's thread.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

And good morning Tips. Sorry about the manflu even us wimmin get it sometimes.

Early start here as my body clock is telling me it is 4 hours earlier.

Nice to be home and not too cold after all.

Have a good Thursday Army friends.

Comment

Good morning
      Just read back all of yesterday's thread. I've missed getting on here!:upset: But after a full day work, homework with my son, dinner, bath and my daughter still sick-I'eve just been dropping into bed as soon as I get the kids settled for the night. She's feeling better today and is going to her dad's tonight.
      Great to have you back Mrs.A!:l And Tips-I really hope you don't have the manflu. Maybe you are just overtired. I think that's what I am.

Comment

Morning army, Tips I hope you don't have the flu, man or otherwise, get lots of vitamins down you and see the germs off!

Morning Mrs A, glad it's not too cold,welcome back.

Ex patty big :l it's horrible when kids are ill, I'm so glad she's on the mend.

I'm out and about today, going to zumba mid morning, so I'll pop back at lunchtime.

Wishing a good day to all who drop by and a happy Thanksgiving to those who are celebrating.

Comment

Mario I forgot to tell you I didn't get one single number on last night's lottery. Fingers crossed for Friday!

Comment

Ho Tipps, Expatty, Anon, Mollers and Soots!!

Sore throat and the snots here but sure could be worse.

Rob's friend rang last night and asked him out for a drink on Friday night, I was hovering around waiting for him to say NO, but he said "Ahh yeah, I will neet you for a few"
            He will be 30 days AF and SF on Sat and he is already planning to drink, I cannot pretend it does not piss me off but I won't interfere. I made a few little comments but that will be it....he will defo smoke if he is drinking, just seems like pure madness to me....
            But thats with my long term sober, sensible head on, there was a long time when I wasn't very sensible at all.

Rob is a binge drinker in that he can go 2 weeks and then have a blow out night and then have another 2 weeks free and then he gets bored and gets a goo for beer and does it again and feels like shite for 2 days after and does the whole. "WHY did I do it" buzz.

I drank every day.

I can only look after myself, it obviously has not clicked with Rob yet so really nowt I can do, Rob is on his own journey.

Now, I have just talked myself into not getting annoyed and giving him a lecture!!!
            "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Poor Jilly must be like a pig Mollers!

AF 10th May 2010
              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Good morning army, have a days work today,

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Good morning Troopers!!

Welcome back Mrs. A - good to see you home safe and sound.

Tipster - hope it's just wee cold and you'll be over it soon. What Sooty said - get some vitamins down you and lots of fresh juice. Hope you feel better soon.:l

ExPatty - good to hear your daughter is better. Hate it when my kids are sick.:upset:

Sooty - you sure sound energetic today. I would be if I'd slept better and wasn't up since 6 frikken a.m.

Molly - hope you have a good day at work. Best far from the drama, as you said.

Oney - sorry to hear about Rob going out for drinks but as you said, you can only look out for yourself.

Hiya Mario. Hope your day goes well.

Wishing you all a very

And Happy Thanksgiving to all who are celebrating today.

Have a great day peeps!!!
                  For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                  AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Up to cavan mollka

Comment

Would you not advertise it on Facebook Mollers?? Seen loads of peeps doing that.

Yes you are both right about Rob...altho the last time he got drunk (4 weeks ago) , he turned a bit nasty and gave me a load of shit (verbally), I was really upset and of course, he was SO sorry in the morn but could not remember..thats when he said he was giving up for good.

Anyway, tis are right, nowt I can do!

AF 10th May 2010
                      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

No jim today mollyka,A day of rest :-)

Comment

You speak a lot of sense Mollers, thank you.

Have a good day at work and NO NOT feel guilty for yer sick day!

AF 10th May 2010
                          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

See you all laters

Comment

mollyka;1214098 wrote:

Are you not sleeping well either? Actually, I think I'm really clued in to this 'not drinkin' plan this time. Not sleeping could start off triggers with me --- so well aware here :yay:
                              Doesn't happen often Molly - woke up around 3:30 with jittery legs and couldn't get back to sleep for a while. Then something fell on the floor in the apartment above us with a big thud about 5. Then someone got up and had their shower at 5:30. Shite sound insulation, if any at all, and you can hear the water running like it's a flood or something. Finally dragged myself out of bed at 6. I shouldn't complain about the 5:30 a.m shower, I guess - a few nights ago someone had one at 3:45 a.m.

Good for you on being aware of the sleep thing being a trigger. That way you know what you need to do to avoid it.:goodjob:

Laters, Mario - have a safe trip.
                              For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Working...
                              X