Army Thread Wednesday 28th December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xpost Reccie Thanks I will do the singling out beforehand then read at a leisurely pace, smiling and maybe jog around the room 9perhaps not the last one.
    I am just about to read it again about 500 words
    No booze for me do not worry

Comment

xpost Molly Sounds like a syndrome??

Comment

I have seen a lot of people reading from notes at weddings I have been at, do what makes you feel comfy, there are no hard and fast rules, you will do your daughter proud xxx
        "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

anon;1234278 wrote: Oh thank you Expat and Molly. Can I read from my notes??
          I agree with Reccie! Go for it. Just do what feels natural. And you'll be with loved ones so it's not like you are arguing a point for a business meeting. I'm sure you'll feel the support from your daughters and husband.:l

Comment

Thanks again ladies

Comment

mollyka;1234285 wrote: I think you xposted with Reccie there, and I would agree with him. Be quite familiar with your notes and smile!! But I'm sure Patser would be way more qualified to comment than me!
              I'm not!!!:H When I teach it's a give and take. I expect feedback so it's more like a conversation. But though I hate speeches-haven't given too many in my life-I think Anon's is a different situation. As Oney said-she'll do her daughter proud.
              Off to get my son from camp.
              bacinabit xxx

Comment

KTAB;1234134 wrote: of my relatives kids.

Well now I have been thinking, it's coming close to the end of the year and always a good time to sit down and have a serious reassessment of our lives and where we find ourselves. I don't mean in a 'Im going to give up choccy, take up a night class' sort of new years resolution way. I am thinking more along the lines of 'where am I on this journey, and I don't necessarily mean just with AL, for while it is a big issue, it doesn't define who we are. Sometimes we need to actually climb out of the box and take a good look around rather than just thinking outside of it. I am going to change my life in as many positive ways as I can this coming year, anyone care to join me?
                KTAB,

Usually before I read posts like yours I think, "Oh, no, I'm going to feel like a failure again." However, as I reassess myself, and this past year, I realize I haven't done too badly. Yes, I've drunk to excess on occasion, but had many AF days in a row, too. But for me, I am proudest of the fact that I did meet my biggest challenge: taking loving care of my mother. I see the appreciation in her eyes, and I gladly accept her dependence on me. I believe the woman finally understands what unconditional love is. She knows I will come through for her.

Yes, there are things I need to work on: my overall health, and my relationships, but for right now, I'm doing my best. If I try to be perfect, I will truly fail.

I will remain positive, and work toward the betterment of my life and the world around me.

Juja
                "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Hello Oney, JC, Ktab and people further back that I now can't remember because my brain is about the size of a pea.
                  Coco

Comment

Quick check in from a very very wet cold pissed off Panno ... Not one drop of snow on these here Highlands ..worst weather they have seen in years floods and high winds

Mrs A managed to read back about your speech, I have done many public speeches and definitely have your notes or even better it wrote out, even if you don't have to refer to it, many people clam up without them, hope you have a lovely day :l
                    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

JC my beanie was awesome, will post a pic on fb
                      Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Hi Panno!!!!
                        Coco

Comment

Hi Coco lovely to see ya, how you doing

Comment

Hanging in there. Horrendous things happening at the office - very stressful - b
                            Coco

Comment

Is your job safe, work all round is one big stress for many, glad your hanging in there :l

Comment

Yes - but my counterpart (who handles all aspects of the financial side of things) resigned yesterday with no notice. And to say I am Excel-challenged would be a grave understatement.
                                Coco

Comment

Working...
                                X