The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!! for JANUARY 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all. No time to go back and name names at the moment, but SOOOO fabulous to see you old (hmmm) and new names here.
    Twitch, I've wondered often how your son's movie was doing. FABULOUS!!! And isn't it wonderful to see a beautiful new life we can have a brand new chance with in the form of grands. Oscar. LOVE IT!! Maybe it's a premonition of how far the movie may go. I've always loved the pictures you posted of your son, on the road by the trees. It's absolutely perfect. How's HE doing? I'm just tickled pickled you came back here!
    ATL, doing good controlling your impulses right now at your mom's, it seems. My Momma was the quintessential Southern belle, always beautifully coiffed, nails and lipstick matching, coordinated outfits, and she was raised in the remnants of the old South. I was a blister on her butt. Couldn't care less about my dress, my hair, makeup, and everytime I walked in her house she'd look me up and down, shake her head. I left the post office one day and went straight to the hospital with my Daddy's daily banana shake, and when his doc walked in she apologized to him for my appearance. When he left, Daddy chewed her out for that! I understood her, and he did too, but he told her it was much more important I come to see him, no matter what, and it made her mad at me all over again.
    Don't want to paint a bad picture of Momma. But I don't remember when I didn't take care of her, and I disappointed her, obviously, in my appearance. But she always turned to me to solve things. Our mothers have THEIR issues, and they can hurt us more efficiently than anyone else. MB, this is for you, too.
    Hub's has clomped his size 13's through the freshly mopped house and every room wanting me to go ride with him to places I don't care to go, I'm busy, and then Tay calls and says come get me, so I told her to call him, and THEY can go fight things out without me! :H
    Sun, thanks for the advice, and we'd already thought we might go next Friday for the weekend after my stuff is done. What's your work schedule this week, old lady? And notice, I CALLED you a lady! :H
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

LOL Ruby - that is because I AM a LADY!!!! A young lady - I hasten to add - younger than you !! My work schedule this week - I close tonight, am off tuesday, close weds, open Thur (which means 7.00 - 3.30), open friday....and the 'lovely' mid shift - 11-7.30 saturday!! Why did you need to know? I am pleased that you are waiting until things slow down before you go to the cabin - then you can veg out there! At least for a couple of days!

Love and hugs, Sun XX

Okay - edited and correct shifts down!!
      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Oh, HELL, Sun, everyone's younger than me!! :H I don't even care! But with time comes experience, and compassion, and understanding. So Thank You for being my shoulder to cry on too many times. And you are beautiful, in your pictures and your actions.
        Now I must get me hence before the warden and his inmate arrive and start making me crazier. Again, so happy to see SO many new and old names here, and I'll be back when I can. Remember, you are all amazing and unique, never unimportant enough to lose to a bottle. We have a particular problem where we let too much liquid play too important a role in our lives, affect our happiness and our relationships. I'm too old for that, any more, because I see that we have a limited shelf-life. And we all deserve to be happy, or at least content, and at peace with ourselves. AL robs us of that, if we let it.
        And where are Vicki, Fen, and Grateful!?
        sigpic
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Fen has been at the cabin - have no idea about the others.....
          How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

I'se here!!!!
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Back again

I have visited this site several times and stray away. I am ready to try to get myself in gear and start a new AF life in 2012. I have lived this life for several years, and I have to change. Wonder what kind of damage I have done to my body! Scared, but I have to figure out how to make this change. I CAN do this...one day at at time!!
              Hope :h

Comment

I'm right there with you, Hopeful Mom!!! I don't want my kids to know this about me. It was all I knew growing up about my father. One day at a time and I will surround myself with love and really work at not retreating to AL. I don't want it in my life.
                Living life to the fullest.

Comment

Hopeful, Montana, you are so right! I didn't start problem drinking till my youngest was in high school, and I messed up with my grands, STILL proving I'm trustworthy.
                  There's lots of help, lots of great people, and we care like a family should. Keep reading, and posting please, if you really want to do this. It CAN be done!
                  sigpic

Comment

Hi all,
                    Trying to take down decorations today but I get so out of breathe lately, I go for echo tomorrow. Pop in laterX O G

Ruby love your pic on avatar

Comment

Hey there Hopeful and MTN - I am starting my AF life on Wednesday - feel free to JOIN me - I will be here - so we can do this. First though - you need a plan - I have got mine ready and am ready to do this. I KNOW I can - and you can too - trust me - if I can, anyone can! I would love to have you join me in this - company in it would be wonderful - we can compare notes!!

Love, Sun XX

Comment

I know this maybe a dumb question, but what kind of plan do I need? Perhaps that's why I've failed so many times before. I am grateful for any advice, ideas, etc! Sun, I would love to join you. Thanks!
                        Hope :h

Comment

Hi Hopeful - with me, I had to prepare myself mentally. I had to think ahead and decide WHAT I was going to do when I come home from work - instead of reaching for my Guinness - what am I going to reach for - nature abhors a vaccuum - so you have to fill that gap that will be there. What are you going to do with the time that you waste when you usually drink? I plan on doing my yoga and meditation which i have been terribly remiss in doing. I won't let myself meditate when I have had a drink. I used to be so good at doing both - and nowadays do neither. I redecorated my youngests bedroom after she moved out as my meditation room - and it has everything I need - so I will start using it. I have got supplements to help with cravings and made sure I have lots of protein to help too - protein helps overcome the sugar cravings that come along. My work is quite physical so won't worry about exercise but exercise is good too. basically you must have things in mind to take the place of AL - both physical and mental. I have prepared myself and am ready. I have melatonin to help me sleep but am prepared for a few sleepless nights - last night was one - but I am fine once I showered and got going after a cup of tea! We CAN do this - really we can - I also read the Carr book, The Easy Way To Control Your Alcohol, which for me helps. although he isn't for everyone. I read that for an hour last night.

Love to have you on board Hopeful - feel free to PM me..... maybe I should have PM'd you all this stuff instead of boring everyone else - LOL

Love, Sun XX

Comment

Sunny gave you GREAT advice. I'd only add that if cravings become great, come here and post, and always plan on social occasions beforehand when you know drinking is the norm. You've got a great sobriety buddy!
                            sigpic

Comment

Thank you Ruby - yes, I should also add - come here and read - I just read a whole thread about how great people are feeling after however many days they are AF - and it was SO uplifting! Really is good to read about the coming benefits. the first few days will be hard - maybe - depends on how you let it affect you. I am going to try something that I recently read - don't think about it - so when AL comes into my mind - i shall gently push it away and tell it I will think about it later. It can and does work.

I am off to work in about 15 mins, so will talk later everyone!

Love and hugs, Sun XX

Comment

Something else that works for me is not to feel deprived....be thankful instead that you are NOT drinking and possibly casuing all the problems that come with it......
                                make sure you eat, and stay busy or distract yourself!!
                                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                                X