Clear All

The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!! for JANUARY 2012

I am proud of you that you apologized Mimzey
    Mom has ALWAYS been this way.........
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hey there everyone - Jan, you can't take Hormone replacement 'cos of your BC. Like I can't either. Not unless you can find a doc who will do the bio-identical ones. Sorry you had such an awful time with your mum - as ruby said - maybe she should be checked out?
      Bird - awesome drums!! thanks for the picture.....
      Ruby - maybe you should wait to go to the cabin until you have a little more time when you don't have appointments and stuff - LOL - just a thought?

Talk later, hugs to all, Sun XX
      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

well i'm here for january

Comment

Well my kid is upset and crying cuz I made her get off pc with bf after she had been talking to him for an hour or more, sez its not long enough blah blah and we went around and around. Sick to death of the damn phone and computers and all the b.s. the kids get into. Finally told her hell do what ya want Im sick to death of it all, she in room prolly on sisters phone...well it was a good day

Comment

Happy new year! I am at my folks house-- tense but I am making it-- my mom actually tried to put makeup on me to "cover those awful bumps" (3 total). Need some support though-- not drinking is not enough as I am sure all you who are not drinking know. Need to get to more total health for loads of reasons. Sometimes I feel as if I am stil drinking because I have not made a comprehensive plan for being sober. Not sure if this makes any sense but I do not feel that I am in control and this was a hallmark of the drinking career I had loss of control. If there is any advice I would appreciate it.

Comment

GAME ON!

Comment

got through my first af night in months..feel ok but already little voice is saying..have a drink tonight..wish it would shut up, in a lot of pain with my back due to fibre and very blurry vision due to having both lenses in my eyes replaced last week,hope you are all well, love and hugs Twitch xxx

Comment

TWITCH....is that you??? Hey girl!!! long time no see!! Please post with us and let us know how you are. We will all be here with you. How are all your kids???
                  Welcome OkyDoky and Merry!!
                  Bird - I cannot imagine girls....ugh!! Boys are bad enough, but at least they don't cry!!
                  Suni - I was wondering about that but thought I would awsk doc since my BC was estrogen receptor negative.
                  Ok...first official day of 2012 and an owl is hooting outside my window. Does that mean anything.
                  ATL - your post confused me. Does being around your Mom make you want to drink??

Comment

good morning folks and welcome to all ... sorry but just a qiuk in then off to work i go ... have an awesome monday one and all and again happy new years love and big hugs
                    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Happy Day Boo!!

Comment

Hi all
                        well it is finally getting cold. Went to a Women for Sobriety chat this a.m., sort of a meeting in a chat, was kinda nice where we talked about releasing the past. So I will work on that and try to release what happened last night with my kid and live for now. Going off this damn Singulair, cant sleep very well with it...guess I will clean up...where is my x poster Sun?

Comment

LOL Bird I am here !! Sorry for all the hassle with the kids and phones and stuff - mine were too young when all this stuff started - JUST. It was all just beginning then - thank goodness! I don't envy you at all - just hang in there Mel! I think we got ours the ones that had money already on them so when it was gone it was gone.
                          Jan - mine was estrogen positive which is why I can't take anything - but I would still be careful....
                          Hi Merry, Okey and Twitch! Good to see you all! Twitch - do you have a plan of sorts?
                          ATL - yes, you need a plan - I am getting one together! Wednesday is my stop day and I am already started taking supps and planning what I am going to do with that time I would have been drinking - you do need a plan. I was really nervous but am not anymore - I feel as if I am in control and already started the beginning of the end - had an awful nights sleep last night and sweated loads! Didn't have any Guinness and had two drinks of something I don't usually drink early in the day so my evening was AF.
                          Good Day to you Boo!!

I will be back later everyone!
                          Love and hugs, Sun XX
                          How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Hi Mama Bear,
                            we are all good here, I am a grand mum to a gorgeous 11 month old called Oscar, who stays here quite often, one daughter married this summer the other broke off engagement, one son failed his exams spectacularly but is now at college in Oxford, which sounds good even if its not THE Oxford!! Fred has had one red carpet film premier and another one next month where I shall be standing next to Joanna Lumley, lets hope I don't look like Patsy from AB Fab !!Trying really hard to be af as I am huge !!love to you all Twitch xxx

Comment

MB-- sort of but it is more that even though the drinking is removed I still feel much more chaos in my life than I think is normal ( though who knows what is normal?). I knew problems I had while drinking would still be around ( except the ones directly related like hangovers or stomach issues) but I felt I would be better equipped to address them sober-- I guess tge plan I need is one to adress other things that make me unhappy-- I did think when I cut that chaotic drinking out that I could focus on the answers for everything else-- but my focus is so poor on problem solving for me. Give me another persons problem and I am fine on focus. I really do wonder if some of it is the lingering effects of that head injury. In which case not sure what to do-- tge neuro said despite all the healing my brain did that there could always be a chance of damage lingering in the impulse control parts of my brain. Sorry to yammer on-- I guess Sunni is right-- all the issues need a plan. Hope all have an awesome day

Comment

ATL - I am sorry babe and i don;t know what to say
                                maybe make a list and work on one thing at a time??? If you are feeling overwhelmed, that might be a good way to start. I do that at work and it always calms me down....it FEELS like there is so much to do, but once I see it in writing, I relaize it is manageable.
                                Bird, I think that group sounds interesting and I would love to hear more about it.
                                Twitch - your kids sound great and CONGRATS on the granbaby!!! Oscar...how cute. Last time we chattede you were all all excited about Fred!!
                                We are supposed to have a hard freeze here tonight....29 degrees!!

Comment

Working...
                                X