The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!! for JANUARY 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my cross country road trip in three days caught up with me and I could NOT get up this morning...but I am here at work
    Fen- did you get to meet CoCo??
    Rubes - I want to come back an make a dulcimer!!!!
    Hey Bird...what the heck fire is welders neck??
    Brit - you are in SC??? you could have come and seen us this past weekend
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

mama bear;1249836 wrote: OK...good, Fennicilious.
      I am finally sitting down after a crazy day. We didn't get home till 11:30 last night and my helper called in sick today so GRRRRRRRR
      We had a fabulous, silly time with Rubes. I'll let het tell her funnier version of it all, but here is a basic recap
      Sunni only eats grass
      My son eats like a T-Rex
      Mimzey made some fabulous chili, I made cornbread and Sunni made a pudding cake to die for
      I was not told that Mimzey lives on the side of a mountain that the Three Billy Goats Gruff would have a hard time managing.....much less a Honda mini van....YES a tow truck was involved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Every man I met proposed to me ......it was awesome
      Clay swam in the crik.....it was VERY cold and shrinkage was involved
      Sunni was FORCED to try grits....she is not a fan....
      Sunni wears adorable purple wellies when hiking and now I want a pair
      and I will upload pictures from my I phone as soon as I learn how
      BRIT - YAY FOR YOU GIRL!!!!
      Rubes - I am soooooo sorry for hubs and give him a kiss for me...
      Fen - I am glad you are enjoying artic Florida!!
      Now for my version!

I do NOT eat only grass! :H
      Jan's son DOES eat like a T-Rex - he was lovely though and I am so pleased he came along - he is a real character and he and Jan have the most awesome relationship.
      I didn't eat the chili, but I did try Jan's cornbread and loved it - had never had cornbread before - it had an actual tin of corn in it and was delicious. The chocolate pudding cake was Ruby's recipe - I just made it and it too was delicious!
      Yes, Ruby's driveway - and track leading up to the outside world was really steep and muddy and curvy and yes, we did indeed have to call a towtruck for Jan! While the tow truck was still there I got my car up to the top just to be sure I could get mine out without any trouble. Seeing as it was teeming with rain when I actually left, I was SO glad I did.
      Re every man that Jan met proposing to her - she is wonderful and funny and pretty, but I didn't have anyone propose to me - maybe her 44 longs had just a teensy something to do with it?? I definitely do not have 44 Longs!! I have minus 32 shorts.
      Clay did indeed go in the creek - crazy child that he was - I was saying for him not to, and there was jan, egging him on!! It must have been freezing in that water! To say that shrinkage was involved would probably be an understatement - I would be surprised if he can EVER find it again!!:H:H
      Yes, I did try grits - under sufference. No I do not like them.
      I did wear my purple wellies and am so pleased I took them - with the rain and mud, they were a Godsend.

All in all, I really really enjoyed my stay - Ruby is just like she sounds on the threads - talks a lot - LOL - but will stop if you tell her to. She is a wonderful person and knows so much about the history of where she is! The cabin is beautiful, and yes Grateful - the fairy room is lovely. SO much history in that cabin - the quilts, the pictures, everything tells a story - and ruby knows them too so it is interesting to hear the stories from her. There was a lovely fire in the grate and it was just so nice to get away from everything. Thank you so much Rubes :l:l I am so happy I got to meet you at last - you are a sweetheart and I know we will be meeting again.

Jan and Clay - well, what can I say - Jan is a total extrovert, so loving and sweet with beautiful eyes. Clay is like her and to watch the two of them together is hilarious. Clay is funny - kept trying to imitate my accent! I think the first thing he said after hallo, was "Say Butter". LOL I loved the both of them - SO happy I met them. I know we are all going to have to meet again.

Not sure when Ruby is going to post or if she will be adding anything to our posts, but for anyone thinking about taking Rubes up on her offer of a visit to the cabin - GO! You will not regret it.

Love and hugs to all,

Love, Sun XX
      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Sun- I have tears in my eyes and can feel your love....
        Yes, Clay LOVED the accent...he made fun of "car park", made you say "water park" about a gizzilion times, and freaked you out when he put his spoon with microscpics amoebas of meat on it in your "butter"
        It really touches me that you were both so sweet to him...for a 16 year old to enjoy hanging out with three middle aged women and say he had a blast really says something
        and believe me....as much as he likes to play with his wille...he WILL find it again!!
        I LOVE YOU

Comment

Howdy everyone,

Off today. Going to clean, my little doggy shadow is driving me crazy, she follows me everywhere and as soon as I clean my slider glass she goes over and licks it and makes it dirty all over again, Arghhhhhh. She is cute but I could manage to live without her. Well gonna go clean the windows......again! XO Gina

Comment

what kind of puppy is she??

Comment

Morning Peeps. Just dropping in to say hello, hello. :l
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

NORA - How are you???? How are you doing? What is going on with you? we have missed you - are things okay? Did you see Jan and I visited Ruby? Please let us know how things are going...... :l

love, Sun X
                How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Hi Sun, So happy that you & Jan visited Ruby!!! Wonderful. I haven't had a chance to read back yet. I'll do that & get caught up.
                  I'm doing ok. Just looking for my motivation and realized that I keep finding it here. So, I'm back.
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

AWESOME !! good to see you. I am now AF !! totally! feeling really good about it and oh SO positive too. Join me - eh?? :l

love, Sun XX

Comment

I will save the whole pic of the trip till I have a keyboard! And I have faith Pokey is telling tall tales today, complete with bears. Had to use my wooden spoon on that love. Did he wear his possum hat to school Jan?
                      I have learned 1. If Hubs doesn't cut enough firewood I will buy it. 2. I will cook most of my food BEFORE my guests arrive and 3, most importantly, I will NOT wait to arrive hours before my guests when it takes me 2 days to get over the drive. I've conceded the weather is not my fault! Imagine, Sue was terrified of my driveway when was summer and dry. Good memories friends.
                      MB come on! The guy doing it is a local legend I met decades ago. He has a big following, lots of CDs.
                      Told Hubs when he called to say he'd been offered a bigger paying job I was NOT moving out of the country. His kidnapped friend has the FBI living with them, taking kids to school. Scary. They've shut down any news on him.
                      MB,Sun, almost have house presentable now. Wanna drop by?
                      sigpic
                      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I AM ON MY WAY......glad you are feeling better...will try to post some pics in a minute
                        Hi Nora!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        we always miss you sweet friend

Comment

Clay's possum hat!!

Comment

Comment

FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

WELLIES!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X