Army Thread 3rd January 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loves them I does. Lovely in stews and they thicken them and add lotsa goodness.

Comment

I bet there is loads of food that I have never tasted or even attempted that is really good,

Will you post that recipe??
      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Yes I'll go dig it out. It's vegetarian tho is that ok?

Comment

Even better, I am not much of a meat eater unless it is burgers

Thanks Soots xx

AF 10th May 2010
          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Ok here goes. I'm a bit worried that you've never tried lentils cos if you dont like them you are a bit buggered. See what you think wen you see the ingredients.

1 onion
            2 garlic cloves crushed
            2 carrots coarsely grated
            2 celery sticks chopped
            3 tablespoon olive oil
            115g red lentils
            1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
            30 ml/2 tablespoon tomato pur?e
            450ml stock
            1 tablespoon fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried

In large saucepan gently fry onion, garlic, carrots and celery for about 5 mins, till soft.
            Add lentils, tomatoes, tom puree, stock, marjoram.
            Bring to boil and then partially cover and simmer for about 20 mins, till thick.
            Season with salt and black pepper to taste.

That's it.

I don't fry the onion etc in oil cos I'm slimming, I use that fry light stuff, olive oil is obviously much nicer.

xxx

Comment

Ok, do I soak the lentils or summat first??

AF 10th May 2010
              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Morning Army its cold and overcast no wind here but its just started to rain and its bitter cold. Going out to Lidl to some shopping shortly and to the post office. Not looking forward to going out in this weather. Cold is a bit better but not quite gone. I walk most days at least 3o mins but i want to get back in to power walking an hour at least 3 times a week. I don't like the gym or any type of exercise expect dance classes or zumba. Did some zumba classes last year was tough but fun so might do that again if they start local. I have at least 10 ibs to lose which may not sound a lot buti carry most around my middle and i bingo wings lol. Expatty enjoy your special day whatever you have planned i'm not big on birthdays anymore i don't want to know my age lol. Havin 2nd coffee check back later.:happyheart::cupajoe:

Comment

No you don't need to soak the red ones. They're called red but they're more orangey than red. The recipe makes quite a lot, you might like to halve the quantities. Forgot to add that, it says it serves 6 as a pasta sauce. And you want some nice Parmesan on top to serve as well.

Good luck hope you like it xxx

Comment

Morning firefox, the sun is coming out here so I might venture out for a walk. Glad your cold getting better.

Comment

I am DEFO gonna try it this week, thanks Soots.

Yo Firefox xxx

AF 10th May 2010
                      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

blimey it's nearly midday and pingupants has only just logged on, crashed out with a migraine last night (another bloody one!!) and didn't really wake up properly this morning.... it's disgusting outside so we are having a day in at home getting ready for school tomorrow (kids anyway, I dont work Weds!!!)

morning army, or is it afternoon now?

I've never had lentils either, don't fancy them much!
                        I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

eOh i love lentils but i haven't cooked with them much expect for lentil and tomatoe soup. I'm going to try that recipe Sooty thanks. I'll add lentils to my list this morning. I made a big pot of veg soup yesterday its based on the weight watcher no point soup tho i don't do weight watchers some of their recipes are good. I love the Indian vegetable dhal thats a lentil based side dish.

Comment

Lentils leave me cold...

Hiya Army

Mid-afternoon check-in. Nothing much happening at the office. I'm being a true clockwatcher today - 45 minutes before I pack up and leave.
                            I'll do whatever it takes
                            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Afternoon, just a quick drop in, had a big morning with jim, terrible having to face him but felt great after leaving him, bring it on. ;-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Good Morning Army
                                I love lentils, but I can't get my head around quinoa.
                                Hope everyone is having a fab day, especially those cocooning inside.
                                Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
                                If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
                                November 2, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X