X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread tuesday 10th Jan 2012

Ahhh... I see you've found us, Mario

MWO is a big place - easy to lose your thread

:goodjob: on day one, Reccie :goodjob: YOu've come an amazingly long way, haven't you?
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

And in other news I have to head out shortly to meet a friend for an hour, in a country pub. Really not ideal but there isnt a choice as it is not close to anywhere else where we can meet.
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1242146 wrote: Ahhh... I see you've found us, Mario

MWO is a big place - easy to lose your thread

:goodjob: on day one, Reccie :goodjob: YOu've come an amazingly long way, haven't you?
        Still in a confused state of mind :confusedmonkey:

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

I haven't been in a pub in ages and ages. There aren't that many of them in Saffaland in any event. Not traditional pubs, in any event.

I'm sure you'll be OK, Tabbers. Take some extra L-glut beforehand, maybe?
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Good news on the tooth Tabbers, not so good about the future crown tho. How ever much will that cost?

Reccie I'm around most of tonight if you want some company :l

Guess what I've done today folks? I've volunteered to be a driver to take old/disabled people to hospital appts and things like that. I'm quite excited. Gotta have a police check first and then I can get going.

It's quite rural where we are and buses are infrequent, so it's a lifeline to some people. I saw a little ad in last nights evening paper, phoned up and am waiting for the forms to fill in now!

Comment

Sorry Tabbers i missed you going to a pub, are you driving?

Comment

Evenings, general wavings and yooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooos all.

Sorry about the loud thumping noises. T'was me jumping up and down while doing a happy dance when I saw this.

Recluse;1242125 wrote: Actually, after months and months of trying to get off the drink and tapering down, this is my day one!
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

That's a brilliant idea, Soots :goodjob:

It could turn out to be rather entertaining, listening to the stories you're bound to hear.
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1242156 wrote: Evenings, general wavings and yooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooos all.
                    Too scared that you'll forget a name, are you?
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Aww Soots, that's blooming fantastic.

Might just pogo dance off the walls now happy dancing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1242158 wrote: Too scared that you'll forget a name, are you?
                        I've run out of backs of envelopes ((thas what i do in the morning)
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Yes I would be driving but I just got a sudden urge to sink a pint. I cant trust myself yet so I have just rang and rescheduled to somewhere else tomorrow morning at ten am. I hate messing people around but I wouldnt trust myself tonight in this frame of mind to be in a pub. Many's the time before I have gone to the barman and my brain thinks glass of coke yet my mouth says pint of guinness. Must be a wiring problem, think my brain was wired by a plumber.

Comment

sooty;1242152 wrote: Good news on the tooth Tabbers, not so good about the future crown tho. How ever much will that cost?
                            500-800 yoyos dependent on choice. Its a root canal job that I had done a few years back and apparently it should have been capped in 6-12 months. Reckon I must have been day dreaming at the time I was informed as I have no recollection of it.

Comment

KTAB;1242165 wrote: Yes I would be driving but I just got a sudden urge to sink a pint. I cant trust myself yet so I have just rang and rescheduled to somewhere else tomorrow morning at ten am. I hate messing people around but I wouldnt trust myself tonight in this frame of mind to be in a pub. Many's the time before I have gone to the barman and my brain thinks glass of coke yet my mouth says pint of guinness. Must be a wiring problem, think my brain was wired by a plumber.
                              Wise move,KTabbers.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

ordered some Night rescue remedy in another pitiful attempt to avoid sleeping tablets...

and gave in to my "one more picture tonight" rule on the piglet thread.....
                                I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Working...
                                X