Army Thread 25th January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 25th January

Good morning army. Dull and drizzly here i haven't been outside just going to get my first coffee. Good luck with your exams and essay pinkcat. Tipp sorry to hear about your dad's situation. Tiree looks like a lovely Island zen is from the hebrides don't know which one. When are you going? wud luv a wee break on an Island myself.:beach:

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

Good morning

starting with the heavier stuff, I second ktabs' comment, tips. Whatever the state of your relationship with your father, do take the opportunity to say the things you want to say to him while you still can. And give him the opportunity to say what he wants to say, too.

I also agree with you on Jan's situation, ktabs. It does sound as though proper professional help is called for.

Good luck with your essays and exams pinky....when are the exams? I like your new avatar, BTW!

Enjoy the time you have left before you start your new job, tabbers. Sorry I had to disappear yesterday after posting to you. You've done really well to get yourself back into paid employment...do you see the new job as being a long term thing? I think you're wise to continue to look after your existing clients, if you can.

Tiree sounds delightful, Mrs A. When are you hoping to go there? Will you be flying or taking CalMac? I'm planning to go on at least one walking trip up the west coast this year, perhaps a bit further to the north, when the days are longer than they are now.

Hiya fireyfoxy, I think zenny is from Lewis. Zenners?

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

Morning Troops,

Sorry not doing the usual good morning greeting but I had a horrendous nights sleep after reading Jan's post last night. I wanted to reply to her there and then but I was tired, angry and upset and what I wanted to say would have come out all wrong, so I'll say it now.

Jan, take this advice from someone who counts you as a friend. I'm frightened for that little boy, he's 9 years old. Taking sleeping tablets and lord knows what else is in my humble opinion no different than having a belly full of booze. Trying to deal with any 9 year old is a minefield but Ollie has had a very different childhood to others.

From the little I know from my child mentoring, Ollie is screaming out for attention and is showing it with extreme behaviour.

Please,please, I'm begging you call the social services, call your GP in fact call anybody you can think off and lay it on the line what is happening, but for God's sake get rid of the bloody sleeping tablets.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

Hi again thinking of Jan i do hope they get the help they need professional help is difinitly required. A walking break sounds lovely reccie i might try and do something like that later in the summer. I'm going to Germany with the family for 4 days in June so at least i have that to look forward to. Not much planned for today i'll get a walk in before it gets too dark and just stuff around the house. Have a nice wednesday army.

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

Morning Fireyfoxy, Reccybear.

Doesn't Tiree look absolutely beautiful? We've stayed at Oban a few times at I got all nostalgic for it. We could get the ferry across to Tiree from there but as per usual there was one wee obstacle.........we've got no money.

Never been to Germany, FF, we'll want photos. We can teach you the mysteries of photobucket.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

Hiya jackie,

Yep, Tiree does look beautiful. One of the sunniest places in Britain, it says. It's starting to givie me itchy feet! Never been to Oban though, not even passing through it on the way to somewhere else....what's the attraction?

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

Have to admit the first time we went it's because we couldn't be arsed to drive all the way to the Isle of Skye, we just fell in love with the place and we could take Black Bess.

Oban tourism information and accommodation, Argyll, Scotland
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

Yes Tiree does look beautiful and also Lewis which i googled. Never bee to Scotland. I must start up a photo bucket account as i have pics from Germany 2 years ago but will be taking more. I'm thinking of goin to one of our Aran islands in the west for a weekend around august they are beautiful also been on them 3 times twice on Innismore and once on Innismaan for a day trip. Need to plan and have something to look forward too just the matter of gettin some money together when i get back from Germany.

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

:sofa:
                    I'll do whatever it takes
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

What ya hiding behind there for, young man?
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

JackieClaire;1250560 wrote: What ya hiding behind there for, young man?
                        It's sometimes nice to lurk in an obvious manner
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

Well I'm orff to lurk at wurk (ooh lewk it rhymes).

Going to get me dose of positivity.

Stick the kettle on about 6ish, there's a love.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

See ya later JC
                            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

Hiya gang,

thx KT & mummy JC...:l
                              I know you meant well Zennster, bbut it's not that simple..

Ollie's got the psycologist at 2:15 and I managed to book in at 1:30 so I could talk to her without him lisening outside the door, which he did before and it made this much worse..

I spoke with him this morning while things were sort of calm, I asked if he was angry with me, he said no, I asked about Jamie, his reply"that stupid Jamie just want to live up there in the cold and doesn't care about me".
                              I asked about Bonnie, he said "she doesn't care about me all she cares about is Nano (her boyfriend) she says she gonna do things and never does, when he does go to her house, and he plays up Nano tells him off, he has a little brother the same age and in the same class as Ollie..so he does tell him off and it's not a bad thing as he's known Ollie for 5 years, we used to live next to eachother..but Ollie doesn't like it

I am in such a muddle to put him in a centre or not, coz it won't be like last time it's volutary and he can come home whenever I decide.
                              I think it will give us both some breathing space and he wilill have discipline there and rules he MUST obey and hopefully he will realise just how good he does have it at home...
                              Dunno???
                              There's no more sleeping tabs, and zero booze in the house, but I still feel like shit, he pulled me off my pc chair and I've got a huge bruise all down my side, it hurts to make any movement..
                              if this is happening at 9yrs old...what the hell is he gonna be like when he's adolescent...I think he saw so much violence from his father he is repeating it against me...Dunno...

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

Hiya Jan

I don't have much to add to what KTAB & JC said.

Except one thing: do NOT accept the invetability of Ollie being abusive himself. The cycle CAN be broken.

I hope you can get this sorted - in the best interests of both of you. :l:l:l
                                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X