Army Thread 16th February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zenstyle;1263338 wrote: Naw... her trainer is called Damien, not Christo....
    Zen is right. I just 'tailored' it to suit me

Comment

zen you are such a bloomin smart ass.....
      I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Zenstyle;1263322 wrote: OMG!!!!! I have just wet myself laughing at Satz's gym post!!!!!!!!!!
        Another knee-slapping, mascara-running-down-my-face laugh here. Oh dear dawg. Between that post and a recent PM, my stomach hurts from laughing so much. :goodjob:

And :wavin: Troopers!!!
        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

What happened to the fecking daily synopsis? Haven't read back yet.

:hallo: Army
          I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Pinky, empty your PM box.

Hiya Tipster.

It was a good idea but not always possible for the person assigned to a certain day to sit down and write one. I personally didn't volunteer because I wasn't sure if I would be able to do it or not.

You can start by going to Permalink #40 of today's thread.

Gotta pop out for a while. Baccinnabit.

Comment

today's synopsis is that the army thread was full of chatter, a bit of bullshit and lots of cool funky fun people having a laff

there y'go

oh and a few smartasses along the way too
              I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

Comment

no-one ever sends me funny pms....

sobs into diet pepsi....

Comment

Hi Army, wrecked so iam, working to much need a fecking hol........

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                  I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Just a more serious post.

The company that I did most of my work from last year has just been put into examinership, Its a huge company and am now wondering what knock on effects that will have for the truck company I am in ????????

Comment

mario;1263383 wrote: Just a more serious post.

The company that I did most of my work from last year has just been put into examinership, Its a huge company and am now wondering what knock on effects that will have for the truck company I am in ????????
                      Mario, I sincerely hope it has no effect whatever on the truck company. I don't know how things are in Ireland but things here are very grim and going to get worse. My best friend's husband got fired about 10 days ago. He'd been working with the company for 23 years. He helped build the business up, working for the father of the son who runs the place now and from installing bathroom and kitchen tiles worked his way up to top salesman in the company. He's 61 years old and has just two years to go until he would have worked enough years to retire. Now he will be on unemployment insurance for the next year and then nothing unless he can find some kind of work. He will have to pay extra into the nation's retirement fund in order to retire when he was supposed to - the summer of 2014. This is just one example of many people losing their jobs and/or their wages or pensions being slashed. I know I've mentioned this before and don't want to bore you all with talking about it again, but it is frightening. Sure hope all will go okay with your company. :l

Comment

Afternoon!

Zenstyle;1263362 wrote: I HATE rice, period. Unless its pudding.
                        I love rice! Five different varieties to be found in my little kitchen. Not got pudding rice, though.

And I hate sultanas! Ate 500g worth of them today and I never want to see another sultana again. :upset:

I like your new purple clothes, pingu!

mario;1263383 wrote:
                        That's a shame, mario. Let's hope the company in question can continue as a going concern. Obviously we all hope you and your colleagues will continue to have work. It must be a worrying time for you.

Comment

Evening all.

Howling with laughter at Satz post about the gym.

I've been at a staff meeting this afternoon and funnily enough we got talking about ladies who are over 29 (and a bit) and how they are very wary of using the services out there for help with alcohol problems. It will be looked into.

Just a thought mariooo, Betty Boop does something with haulage, why not drop her a PM.
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Thanks for the thoughts everyone ;-)

Stirly I know greece is in a bad way, a lot worse than here.

Comment

Anyway I shall deal with any problems when and if they arise not before :-)

Comment

I've just bought some painkillers if you get the 10 pm flight from Dubbers to Noocastle I'll meet you at the airport with 2 and a glass of water.
                                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X