This is why I stopped drinking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a wonderful Friday and Saturday. Attended functions at my church and enjoyed my son. My daughter was accepted into college with a scholarship...pure joy. I have been dating someone off and on and recently found out he was cheating on me. STUPIDLY, I thought I could forgive and try to work it out. I had a feeling yesterday that she was at his house. I can't explain why I thought it, because he talks to me in front of her, says he loves me, blah blah. I went over there, with a friend, her car was there. I knocked on the front door...no answer, so I walked around to the back. Guess he didnt think to lock that door. The minute I saw the look on his face I knew she was there. I looked all through his bedrom like a lunatic. Then I head to his roomates room....he is steadily pushing me away from that door. She was in there, hunkard down in the corner like a high school kid hiding from someones parent. I snapped. I am so ashamed of how I acted. In my normal mind, I would have turned around and left with some amount of class, but NO not the drunk me. After spitting on her and him and punching him in the face, crying hysterical, I left. Even with the woman in his house he still denied cheating on me. I have no self-esteem left. Today I have felt physically like crap because I didnt sleep at all last night. The SHAME I feel. I am like 2 different people. Alcohol turns me into a ugly, horrible, mean, pathetic person. This is why I stopped drinking. I started after 2 sober years and let myself be mentally abused. He is an alcoholic too. I feel no self-worth today. I feel like I should apologize for the way I acted, but I am not even going there. I am just gonna forgive myself and stay sober. I want the real me back. Had I been sober I would have found her and wished them well and left. I would have shown class. Instead I acted like a white-trash lunatic. He could have had me arrested which would have ruined my new job, worried my kids to death, and really sent me on a binge. :upset: So, if you have sober time, stay sober. Drunk is UGLY!
    Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry. That's a horrible thing to have happen. But consider it a blessing. Obviously hanging out with a using alcoholic is not good for you. And even if he wasn't an alcoholic he's shown you the kind of person he is.

Congratulations to your daughter. It's obvious that your children are the light in your life. Enjoy them. :l

Comment

AWWWW Brittzak that's an awful story. I feel so bad for you. You have so much going for you and this asshole throws it all away. What a knob.
      Good to have you back on the wagon with us again. Congrats to little Brit on her scholarship, that rocks!!!!
      How is your son doing?
      :l:l:l
      Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
      If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
      November 2, 2012

Comment

Hey Britt! I'm so sorry you had this happen to you. I know all too well that feeling of helplessness and loss of control when you are wronged in that way! I'm not sure at all that I could have handled the situation with class, regardless of sobriety. I hope that you can put this behind you eventually, and that you are able to get back to AF successfully.

I see that you are in SC as well. Inbox me sometime if you would like.

"I like people too much or not at all."
        Sylvia Plath

Comment

I did not drink today. Iwanted to stop on my way home, but I hate myself drunk. I need to be sober for myself and my kids. My son is doing great Wally. Both my kids are. Despite this set back, I will be ok. I am sad, no doubt, but I KNOW alcohol just magnifies the depression. I have the hang-over blues today, but i wil come out on top again.

Comment

Welcome back, Britt :l
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Glad to see you back, but sorry about the circumstances. Yep, it seems drunkeness brings on drama. Sounds like you can do alot better. I hope you stick around and join us on the daily ab's thread, ok?:h
              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

So good to see you back here!
                “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Brizzak, I am so sorry you had to experience that, but very glad you're back here with us.:l
                  Enlightened by MWO

Comment

I left because I was doing really good and honestly just was very busy. Busy helped me stay sober. But, this has always been a safe place for me. You guys keep me grounded.

Comment

Welcome back. :l I'm so sorry you have to go through the hurt of cheating. That is so painful. There will be a silver lining though if it spurs you on to stop drinking again, and be the best person you can be. I'm happy to hear about your kids! You must be so very proud of them. :h

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Brittzak, thank you for sharing your story with us. Sending you peace and strength. :lilheart:

I hope things get back to being peaceful for you.......

Comment

Oh Britt I am so sorry for your pain....but I do know that you are a amazing lady and I know that you have the most amazing family..I thank you for posting this, it is a reminder to all of us that no matter what a healthy sober person can and do handle most everything.
                          I also know that you are on your way to the new healthy girl that helped me through my unspeakable pain... Love you girl..Rusty
                          :heart:AF since May 31 2008.....Happy and Healthy

Comment

Hi Brit, I am so sorry to hear about this heart break. This guy has truly shown his true colors, time to move on, my friend. You deserve only the best! Lying and cheating are never OK. Boy, we have been through a lot together to say the least! We really helped each other so much and have remained friends for over four years now....can you believe that! I know how deeply you cherish your sobriety, as I cherish mine! I am certain that you will get right back to firm ground as far as staying away from AL. For people like us, there is NO Other Option! Truly, we Know for Sure that our Happiness and Security and the happiness of our family is only possible living sober. I am here for you always.
                            Love,
                            Kate
                            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Goodmorning all...thank-you for chiming in. KateH, we have been through some rough patches. But, as you all know, this is nothing compaired to what I have overcome. I was lonely and let myself be lurred in to a very unhealthy relationship. I showed my butt like any good ol' drunk will do when pissed off. But, I said my prayers last night and I woke-up strong this morning. I am bigger and better than ALCOHOL. I will be ok. I will be. No AL today. Much love to all, have a great day!

Comment

Working...
                              X