X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is why I stopped drinking.

brittzak;1279299 wrote: Drunk is UGLY!
    No truer words were ever spoken!

I know if I had been in that position drunk, I would have ended up in handcuffs. Without a doubt. I LOSE my mind when I am drunk and think I have been "wronged". The monster I turn into scared me sober. I'm sorry you went through that Britt, but hopefully you can learn from it and move on. The boyfriend obviously does not deserve you. Once you start respecting yourself, you will attract people that will respect you too. I am still working on that one myself.

Please stay strong, you can do this. Think of your children, but most important, do it for YOU. We're here for you...we got your back! :l

K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hi Britt,

You have always come across as a very interesting, decent person in your posts. You are here for much bigger and better things, and people. I am just never my best when drinking, even 'moderating'. The sober me rocks big time, as does the sober you. No contest. The sober life is our true path, and i for one am not wasting anymore time abusing that.

Good to see you back. All the best to ya.

G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Brittzie,
        I am sorry that things got ugly with this guy, and I'm sorry you feel betrayed. I'm glad you caught yourself though before any of it got too crazy. You know you have friends here.

Comment

well what a real loser I am. I have not eaten all week or slept. I cant help but wonder where I went wrong. Maybe I wasnt nice enough, pretty enough, strong enough. I wanna drink just to get some damn rest. BUT, I have to go hear my baby sing tomorrow at ALLSTATE.
          Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Britt,

sounds like you have opened the door and awakened the beast. It is the alkie mind talking now. For me, at that point, i had to nail a good 30 day AF stretch to get my thinking clear, and back on track.

H.A.L.T. Hungry, angry, lonely, tired, (and i would add sad) are all serious triggers as you would know.

Here's a reminder https://www.mywayout.org/community/477897-post13.html Gratitude thinking vs. deprivation thinking.

G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Brittzak, I want to officially make my introduction to you. I feel your pain and am here to say unequivocally that you are not a loser. Sounds like you've given yourself permission to have a very rough and intensive week. Man (or woman as the case may be) I wish I had the opportunity to watch one of my babies excel in anything.... Please appreciate and seize the time you are still granted/afforded to be involved and support your child. You will never ever regret your decision to do that. Man up dear soul(or woman as the case may be). I believe there are better days ahead. We must believe and exert our right to them.:l
              Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Oh dear. I'm just seeing this. I'm really very sorry that happened to you. You are truly a lovely, kind person with a delightful sense of humor. That's who you are. I know you know the drill. Stick around OK? You know how loved you are here.
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

brittzak;1281600 wrote: well what a real loser I am. I have not eaten all week or slept. I cant help but wonder where I went wrong. Maybe I wasnt nice enough, pretty enough, strong enough. I wanna drink just to get some damn rest. BUT, I have to go hear my baby sing tomorrow at ALLSTATE.
                  Britt, None of the above criticism of yourself is true at all! He is not a liar and a cheat because of anything that is lacking in you. It is about "who HE IS". You deserve better!

Try to get some rest. Drink some Sleepy Time tea, meletonin or calms forte. You must be exhausted! And tomorrow, eat, even soup or some fruit. You have to take care of yourself and
                  I know that you already know that drinking is not the answer for anything.

XXX Kate
                  A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

brittzak you are better of for yourself and your family with this person out of your life,Just like alcohol he is a deceiver and it would have always ended bad,Get yourself back up to the wonderful person you are and move on,You can do this .

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

I am sober and going to NC to hear Brit sing. I have always been her biggest supporter even in the really bad days. I know in my mind I didnt do anything wrong, but my ego is bruised big time. But, I have had a hell of a lot of bruises. I will survive. KATEH1, I have been drinking protein shakes and taking vitamins. I am just a little ball of nerves right now.
                      Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Hi Britt,

I just saw this thread. I remember you from way back and how you put your life back together one brick at a time. I know you can do that again. You have over 2 years of solid AF experience behind you so you know what it takes. For me, your story is a reminder that each of us drinks/drank for a reason and it is often because of the deep pain we have experienced in our lives. When I stopped drinking, there were (and are) so many layers of pain and shame that were inside of me. It has been hard work (but good work) and I am beginning to realize that I am good enough just the way I am.

Hold your head high Britt. You have two wonderful children that you are proud of and you raised them well. Don't give that guy another minute of thought. Keep moving forward and just let the incident be a reminder of the dark place that alcohol can take you (and me). Don't let it be a source of shame though.
                        :hM3
                        AF Since April 20, 2008
                        4 Years!!!
                        :lilheart:

Comment

Working...
                        X