Army thread Wednesday 4th July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recluse;1345870 wrote: Gawd.....I'm artistically challenged....no hope there! Fossil hunting it is, then. Stick the kettle on and I'll be over in the morning!
    :H:H:H

Ya cheeky beggar

Speaking of the dark orchid tart where is she this evening
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hello Army!!

Well, I'm sitting here all teary-eyed after reading the lovely things you said about me. :h right back at ya. I'll answer Corrie by PM.

Zennie, it's funny, you saying that about people connecting from the opposite ends of the earth. I remember when Corrie first started posting - as Beagle - she was a little bit shy and apprehensive as to whether she could find her own place on the Undies thread. Then when she finally felt comfortable and started posting in her own unique way, I was drawn to her sense of humour and the way she expresses herself. There were many times when I was howling laughing at what she said. I used to post more often on the Undies thread back then and Beags and I had a few pleasant exchanges and we were also in chat a couple of times when she was struggling. As you said, we kind of clicked and I have talked to her on the phone several times. She has the most beautiful voice and accent - I've told her many times that she should consider a job on either the radio or TV. She's very clever, has a killer sense of humour, gorgeous to look at and that voice to boot - she would be a push over as a radio or TV talk show host. I hope this doesn't sound like I'm talking about someone behind their back.

Thanks to all of you for your kind words. I like to help people. That's how I was raised and that's how I believe it should be.

tiptronic_ct;1345850 wrote: :hallo: JC. I would be very interested in hearing how you find the e-cigs. It just worries me a bit that they've also received some bad press lately.

I feel better after having my say, JC. There was an undercurrent of tension. She needs to learn to be direct, and not always approach things the long way round. Especially with Mrs. T. Say what you feel, say what you wan't (or don't want). She also needs to start getting a life - she can't live cooped up in the house all day every day. Feck - I think we're all (including her) looking forward ot the month she's going to be away.
      Tipster, while I understand what you're saying about your Ma, is it possible for her to change so much at this time in her life? Learning to be direct is not easy if you've never done it. A lot of people are afraid that if they say what they want or what they don't want, that they will step on others' toes or/and that they will upset someone so they go the round about way so as not to upset or offend. I think it has to do with how you were brought up, what you were taught at home. If she's content cooped up all day in the house, perhaps it means she has found her comfort zone and is afraid to venture out of it. Don't forget that she lived in a war zone for so many years. Maybe her little corner is what suits her best right now, no matter what the rest of you wish for her. Just my thoughts....

Crikey, it's taken me so long to compose this due to several phone call interruptions, sorry if I'm so behind on the posts.

I defo won't be able to keep up with Zennie-butt. 81 posts in 24 hours. A new world record to be sure!!! :wave: :dancin::goodjob:
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Well there ya are.:l

She's make a great TV vet. In fact she should become the MWO vet.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hello stirly :hallo:

Comment

Evening all, flying visit, me grubs in the oven.
            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

evening guys, haven't read back just popping in to say hi, im at work on me break
              I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
              Audrey Hepburn

Comment

And I'm starting the in and out dance to the kitchen. It's Stirl's fishy dishy, with Oney's bread.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Recluse;1345860 wrote: Great! I'll keep an eye out for you!

I'm actually looking for some kind of club or classes or course for myself.....counsellor's orders. Been told to get out more and meet people. Can't decide whether to go for an exercise class or learn something.Learn something and an exercise class as well. Why not do both?
                  Zenstyle;1345864 wrote: I think you should learn something. You're already getting exercise with running and learning something new is always a pick-me-up...I agree about the learning but maybe there is another form of exercise that you could do - some kind of water sport like swimming or rowing. Just saying....
                  JackieClaire;1345866 wrote: Well said that woman.

Howzabout sculpting? or Art or fossil hunting.

Ackshully the fossil hunting won't take you long, you've got my address. I'll just wait at the front door.:H Crikey, if yer a fossil, what does that make me?

Recluse;1345870 wrote: Gawd.....I'm artistically challenged....no hope there! Fossil hunting it is, then. Stick the kettle on and I'll be over in the morning! :H
                  JackieClaire;1345871 wrote: :H

Ya cheeky beggar

Speaking of the dark orchid tart where is she this evening
                  I'z here, just took me a long time to post. Good news phone call from my sister and a supportive phone call to younger son's girlfriend.
                  Zenstyle;1345884 wrote:
                  Hiya Stirls!

I've talked to Beags before... yes, the has a real cute voice! And is vewwy pretty indeed... )

I saw on the Undies thread that Canucks and Aussies bond well... (Could only make it out as it was in quotes!!!) Is this the case?!
                  According to the Froglet, that is the case. However, due to certain posts lately, I think the Undies more or less want to stick to themselves. It is, after all, their right whether or not they want to venture out of the drawer. I can't say that I agree with that, but it is certainly their right whether or not they post elsewhere.

JackieClaire;1345886 wrote:
                  Well there ya are.

She's make a great TV vet. In fact she should become the MWO vet.
                  No, she wouldn't. Corrie doesn't like being a vet. Well she does whenever everything is going well but she gets really despondent when she has to put an animal down. I think that is her basic problem being a vet. Not being able to save every animal that is ill.
                  Recluse;1345887 wrote:
                  Hello stirly :hallo:
                  Hiya Reccie. I'm off to hang out with the Sleep Fairy innabit.
                  KTAB;1345888 wrote:
                  Evening all, flying visit, me grubs in the oven.
                  Good to see you KTAB!!

Army, I am off to see the rest of a movie that I don't want to miss. Will walk Freddo at the commercial break.

Wishing all of you....

Tomorrowz....
                  For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                  AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Nighty night Stirls,

Sowwy I was away so long. Just had a shit phone call from the neighbour of my alkie friend, Norm. He's fallen and cut himself and we've been trying to get him to persuade him to go to hospital. He's frightened they'll de-tox him and the stupid arse just doesn't want to give up drinking.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1345917 wrote: Nighty night Stirls,

Sowwy I was away so long. Just had a shit phone call from the neighbour of my alkie friend, Norm. He's fallen and cut himself and we've been trying to get him to persuade him to go to hospital. He's frightened they'll de-tox him and the stupid arse just doesn't want to give up drinking.
                      Wow...he really has got problems if he doesn't want to give up drinking, Jackie. There's only one way that can end, I fear. Hope you manage to get him to go to the hospital.

stirly-girly;1345907 wrote:
                      Learn something and an exercise class as well. Why not do both?

I agree about the learning but maybe there is another form of exercise that you could do - some kind of water sport like swimming or rowing. Just saying....

No, she wouldn't. Corrie doesn't like being a vet. Well she does whenever everything is going well but she gets really despondent when she has to put an animal down. I think that is her basic problem being a vet. Not being able to save every animal that is ill.
                      Sorry I was away so long too. Fell asleep. Honestly, I think doing two things would be over-ambitious to begin with. The thought of going to classes and meeting new people scares me to death. I did go swimming once, 2 or 3 months ago, and I haven't dared to go back yet. Nothing to do with the swimming itself, you understand, I got stressed out by all the people.

Yeah...I can totally understand Cori feeling despondent about having to put an animal to sleep. It must be a horrible thing to have to do, even though in most cases it's an act of kindness. I guess it is, unfortunately, part and parcel of being a vet. I would definitely find it very difficult to have to do something like that. Cori must be a very brave and compassionate woman.

Night, stirly.

Comment

Recluse;1345939 wrote: Wow...he really has got problems if he doesn't want to give up drinking, Jackie. There's only one way that can end, I fear. Hope you manage to get him to go to the hospital.
                        BTW I'm just having a ramble here, cos me heart feels really sad for him.

I can understand completely why he's so fecking scared of giving up, it's like an unknown territory for him. He's 50 now and hasn't worked for over 25 years as he's been claiming benefits the whole time. The only sober time was when he did re-hab for 3 months. 2 days out and a litre and a half of Vodka and that was it.

If it hadn't been for him I would have walked out of an outpatient detox many years ago. It was the one that gave me a real taste of AF dom. 7 whole months. After that I kept falling/slipping/relapsing for 2 or 3 years until 2009.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                        X