One Step at a Time - January 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got your back, nurdl, and will think good thoughts all night.:l Clue us in, when you can.
    "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Mama's internet is down. The interview went great today but she doesn't know anything yet.

Nurdl - thinking of you. :l
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

A sad thing happened last weekend. A dear friend attempted to end his life by taking pills. Fortunately before he lost consciousness he called 911. He sent his best friends each a bottle of champagne with a note that read " only the good memories, please." I get physically ill just thinking about that package that arrived in the mail and what was going through his mind as he sent it out. I made my husband get rid of it. I couldn't touch it.
        So its been a very emotional week. Think good thoughts for me tomorrow. I'm driving to Connecticut to see him. He's still in the psych unit at the hospital. Thanks peeps. It's nice to know you are there.
        :notes:
        we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Oh Nurdl - I am so very sorry. My very close friend has attempted suicide several times. I understand what you are going thru. :l Sending you love & strength.
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Dearest nurdl,

Your friend must be in great pain to attempt this. I've been there, in the depths of depression, and considered it the only way out of the agony. All you need to do is to be kind, hold him, and tell him specifically why you love him---why he should stay. Promise him everything will be okay.

Love,
            Juja:h
            "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Thank you Nora and Juja. Since he did call 911 there is a small part of him that wants to live. We are placing our hopes on that. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to say but I think that will come once I see him. I've been able to speak to him on the phone and our conversation was easy as it has always been. I'll let you know how it all goes.
              we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Nurdl, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Nurdi my best wishes to you and your friend, my troubles pale compared to what your friend is going thru and what you must be feeling.

My coffee again tasted awesome this morning but last night was rougher than the night before, BUT I did not succumb to temptation despite being in the local grocery store and being THAT close to picking up a 6 pack or a bottle of red. Thinking of my support on this site helped me keep walking past those isles and head home.

Thank you all as I love the feeling this morning of clear head and well being.

FT
                  AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                  As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

FT well done. Just keep that feeling of how good it is to be clear headed close to you.
                    Thank you for your thoughts.

Comment

Thank you Sun.

Comment

Nurdl
                        one of my best friends killed herself year..Nora probably remembers.
                        It was horriffic and thew me for a tailspin. Two weeks later I got a DUI. Then I spent six months sober.
                        I am thinking of you and sending you hugs.
                        Yesterday was a nightmare....8 hours of driving, 3 hours of inteviewing with 5 different people. I was CERTAIN I had the job, but now I don't know. I cried for two hours driving home and hubs was ready to turn around and hurt someone. Everything went so well...everyone liked me. We were laughing and cutting up. I was positive I had it. Then the 30 something owner walked in and said I was "rusty". talk about age discrimination........................
                        oh well.....at least I have a job
                        i love you guys
                        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Mama, I'm so sorry you didn't get the job. They don't understand the opportunity they lost by not hiring you. There's much to be said for experience, too. On the bright side, what kind of pressure would that 30 something put on you? Ugh.

nurdl, I hope all goes well with your friend today.

Okay, confession time....I overdid it last night, and am in that beat-myself-up, scared place. What is wrong with me that I don't get it, that I can't say no to the driving impulse to drink? I had 6 or 7 drinks, which is so unlike me...

I've taken milk thistle, Vit B and a tranquilizer (so I can stop the negative thoughts), and am hopeful that my poisoned liver will recover. I think I'll order powdered L-Glut and kudzu today.

Don't give up on me, okay?

Comment

never, ever will we give up on you
                            be good to yourself
                            and god point about that 30-something crowd
                            I have forgotten more than they know
                            Bret actually think the team may tell the boss he is nuts and maybe they will call tomorrow.....he's my biggest fan!
                            coloring my hair less blonde.....
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

mama sorry about the job...I thought I had a new one last year but got email that they were not going to interview me further..an email no less....ugh
                              Day 13 and trying to get dh moving so we can get to our train club thingy. Raining and almost 60 which is not close to normal for Ohio in January...supposed to drop like a rock today....I hate winter...
                              Sleeping a little better but still cant turn my brain off...have appt for tooth on Feb 8th so I am trapped this job until the teeth are fixed. need the dental insurance. It will still be expensive but at least I wont have to pay it all...always something.
                              Dottie
                              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Oh Mama - I am so sad. I am so very sorry. :l:l I hope that they tell that little 30 year old that he's crazy!

Juja - I'm never giving up on you. That is why I'm here. Because I drink too much. It got to the point that every time I drink, I drink way too much. Never just one or two. I think it's great that you stopped & are putting the healthy things in your body today. I do know that the powdered L-Glut helps me with my cravings. I was actually in my son's room the other day looking for some. He has so many bottles of protein, l-glutamine, etc that I couldn't tell which one I needed. So, I need to ask him which is the one that I use.
                                Juja, please hang in there. We're going to get this. We really are. One Step at a Time. :l:l

Dottie - great job on Day 13!! Way to go. So sorry that you have to wait until Feb for your dental appointment. Ouch!! Have fun at your train meeting. Sounds like so much fun. :h

Hello to everyone - I'm off to go thru piles of junk. I'm tryikng to change my ways. I am such a hoarder. :upset: I already have a box of clothes to get rid of. Now, I have to go thru piles of books & papers. Not fun!
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X