• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - January 2013

Hi everyone.

Glad you heard from Zen.

Quest - we're going to get this! One step at a time. :l

Belles - you are sounding really good. Very strong. I enjoy reading your posts.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Just wanted to wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR.
      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Happy New Year to you SKendall. :h
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy new year Skendall. My birthday today, got some ebooks and also Merlin dvds. Going out for lunch. Hope you all have a good day.

Comment

Late sleep-in today.
            Don't feel like doing a damn thing.
            I've got to get out of this funk....
            "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Saturday morning and feeling great, head is clear and coffee working wonders.
              AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
              As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Paula! Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great lunch, and satisfying rest of the day.

Juja, did you stick your nose out the door yet? Sometimes that helps. Having a dog helps me do this: I know she deserves a walk even when I don't feel like it.

FT, probably Friday was a drinking night for you, it was for me when I was working full time. When I went part-time, Wednesday became my drinking day. Had to start early to finish that bottle off well before choir practice! Yuk, I'm glad that's over. It is important for me to remind myself about it occasionally, so I don't conveniently forget that I had a real problem.

I put some large wine glasses in my Goodwill box yesterday. There are more up in the cupboard, I will get them in the box today. They are acrylic, so they were used on the patio, didn't need to keep going back for refilled as often. Yuk again, done with that.
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Sunbeam, yes Friday was a drinking night especially when I was on the road and at times every night was when staying for extended times in hotels and on the road.
                  Right now job offers me the opportunity to work from home with occasional travel and I am relishing that at this time, as this offers me more time to be with my son and sleeping in my own bed for more than a brief period of time.
                  This allows me the eating regularly and exercising regularly for a change and most important to be in the same time zone for a change and I am loving it so far.
                  I did the same and donated all my scotch and wine glasses as well as my other drinking involved items, only one left is the cork screw and that is being saved for Jan 31st.
                  Hope everyone has a great weekend.
                  FT
                  AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                  As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Just wanted to pop my head around the door and say hello to those who remember me......sorry ive been AWOL for so long....you know the score but despite it all im sober and signing in

Comment

hello everyone! nora, skendall, not swan, traveler, sunbeam, juja, paula: this place is popping!

i have been missing in action. just been reading and being lazy. i go through phases of reading and not doing much else. then go through phases of doing my way out and nothing else. happy new year to all. will catch up later!
                      Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                      A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Swannie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonderful to see you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:h:h:h
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Paula - Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope that you have a wonderful day. Lots & lots of love.....................

AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thanks Nora......nearly a year since i was here!!.....doing ok... xxx much love

Comment

I'm so glad to hear that you are doing ok. Are you feeling better? I have really missed you.
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Swannie!!!
                                Happy Birthday Paula!
                                I am back from the grocery, getting hair cut (son) and getting my nails done.
                                WHEW!
                                Gonna flop
                                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                                X