The house that G built.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The house that G built.

60 days tomorrow Mr G thats fantastic. 300 for me today in Ausland time and i am feeling pretty chuffed. who would have ever thought that little old me could possibly manage 300 days when i could never manage 1 damn day.

Waiting for the weather to warm up but am determined to get around albert park at lunch time, rain, hail or shine.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

The house that G built.

available;n2515079 wrote: 60 days tomorrow Mr G thats fantastic. 300 for me today in Ausland time and i am feeling pretty chuffed. who would have ever thought that little old me could possibly manage 300 days when i could never manage 1 damn day.

Waiting for the weather to warm up but am determined to get around albert park at lunch time, rain, hail or shine.
      Ava WOW! Congratulations on 300 days booze free!

I remember your early struggles well, and it only seems like yesterday, but 300 days has been a long action packed journey i'm tipping.

Sun's come out, so hopefully it holds out for your celebratory walk. Do something real noice for yourself today my friend. Bravo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

The house that G built.

Congrats on 60 days. You are awesome!
        Free at Last
        "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
        http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

The house that G built.

Hi G - yes, went to training yesterday and did pretty well even though I say so myself!
          Looking forward to celebrating with you tomorrow.
          Ava - ave to nip to the Loamers to say congrats!
          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

The house that G built.

Thanks Mr G and its nice to have such wonderful supportive people to help me. Thank god those early days are just a distant memory but one i keep safely tucked away for when i have an urge. Cant wait to celebrate the big 6 0 with you. Happy days and what a beautiful day it turned out here. Now to tolerate all the hype for the football tomorrow. Blah.

Comment

The house that G built.

Top of the morning to y'all,

Day 60 and reasonably frisky. Looking like a beaut day out there today, and yes Ava, today is the AFL Aussie rules footy grand final! I'm working today as it's time to pay that annoying ferryperson, but i'll be sure to catch a bit of the game. Might see if i can fire up the barby too.

I feel more settled this time around at 60 days. I've settled some of the stressful things down a bit, and i feel much more on an even keel. Still, anything can happen and i remain vigilant and mindful of where my head is at every morning, and i spend some time to focus on what i'm doing, why, and where i'm going.

Have a ripper! G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

The house that G built.

Hey Mr G

Great going on 60 Days :wd: Keep up yer good work xx

Comment

The house that G built.

God its taken me 1/2 hour to find you Mr G but now i have. 60 days, damn brilliant and yes you do seem more settled and i think thats a major part for us alkies, we just cant go "gung ho" at everything, it overloads us and leads us straight back to where we dont want to be. Im a firm believer in one day at a time with sobriety. Life is so much better being af, though i woke with a headache from hell that reminds me of a good hangover back in the days. Dont want to meander back there in a hurry. I am sure the afl will be on while the boys are putting up my blinds but that is it. Now when the Rabbitohs play next weekend i will be yelling up a storm. Woo hoo. Have a happy day and make sure that ferryman is paid.

Comment

The house that G built.

Guitarista;n2515507 wrote:
                    I feel more settled this time around at 60 days. I've settled some of the stressful things down a bit, and i feel much more on an even keel. Still, anything can happen and i remain vigilant and mindful of where my head is at every morning, and i spend some time to focus on what i'm doing, why, and where i'm going.
                    Love reading this!! You sound good too....looking forward to the barby later tonight - see you there:H

Comment

The house that G built.

Hilarious stuff. Tried to make it to the barby but all the ambulances were tied up....lol congrats on day 60.
                      Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

The house that G built.

Thanks Sweet P, Ava, SL and Lizstar!

Hope the blinds went off without a hitch Ava and you're having a super duper weekend celebrating your 300..

Saving a few snags from the barby for the rest of yis.

Take it easy. Go well Liz.

Comment

The house that G built.

Yo!

Top of the sunday morning to you, esteemed and valued reader. Yes, i mean you.

Working today, but the craic is good there with a good bunch so that's ok. 28c sunny and windy forecast, so i'd best choose today's toupe VERY carefully. mmm, think i'll have to pull out one of the all weather sports models i bought from France last year. They're fairly pricey as they look so real, so i'd hate to lose it in today's gale.

Day 61, this time it's fun.

Have a good one out there. Git some self love in. G

Comment

The house that G built.

Mr G that toupe better have some good sticking qualities i must say. I woke to clothes all over the back yard and probably some next door also. The sun is shining which always makes a happy start to the day, that and not being hungover as "dog shit", never did understand that saying. Have fun working, i will be getting Tye to put up that very last blind then hopefully showcasing a pic on the new thread, it seems user friendly. Have a great day.

Comment

The house that G built.

G - popping in to say Hi and Bye - just think you will be around 70 when we get back! It is lovely how the days are able to keep gathering up and up.
                              Have a great time and so looking forward to a more navigable site in a week or so. Stay strong, stay the course G man!

Comment

The house that G built.

Thanks SL. Safe travels and have a great time!

I bet the blinds look fab Ava!

Day 62. Yo!

Comment

Working...
                                X