X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The house that G built.

Day 44

free at last;1594546 wrote: Hey Mr. G,

Now among the internet connected so thought I'd fly in and say howdy. How's life down under treating you today?
    Howdy FAL!

All's very well here thanks. Thursday morning, just done the laundry (geez this domestic stuff's tuff), and off to hit some focus pads that hit back.

How r things with you?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

The house that G built.

Hi G and FAL,

I watched a performance of Alice in Chains unplugged last night for the first time. It was beautiful and very sad at the same time - wondering did the drugs cause the genius in Layne Staley or dull it. A real shame whenever someone who can be at the top of their game tosses it for heroin, alcohol, or whatever the demon.
      2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

The house that G built.

allswell;1594753 wrote: Hi G and FAL,

I watched a performance of Alice in Chains unplugged last night for the first time. It was beautiful and very sad at the same time - wondering did the drugs cause the genius in Layne Staley or dull it. A real shame whenever someone who can be at the top of their game tosses it for heroin, alcohol, or whatever the demon.
        Hiya A dub. I think drugs/booze dull the genius. The senses are dulled and numbed. I reckon more 'portals' of magic are opened up to us from within and without, when we are totally straight and clear. The genius is there already. Just my opinion.

Hope you're good. Off for a run. See ya.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

The house that G built.

Very true Mr. G,

I think clarity always brings the best choices. The individuals that experience a short burst of success and don't have clarity never succeed for the long term whether it be music, performance, business, or life in general. Clarity is key.
          2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

The house that G built.

Morning all from a peaceful, gentle, sunny beach pad downunder.

Saturday morning here and working this weekend. Got to pay the ferryman. Good thing i enjoy the work.

Day 45 and feeling real good. Still early days for me, and still in dangerous waters, but i see land up ahead. I feel i'm heading toward longer term sobriety at this point, but given my previous inclination to go back to the booze on days 30, 60 ish, 99, etc repeatedly, i am cautious. But quietly confident and happy. I have some good tools in place, a couple of which are daily exercise/hard training and i write a gratitude list of 10 things every morning. I'm not struggling, and i understand the importance for me to maintain my emotional equilibrium/stability no matter what. My sobriety is happily my number 1 priority.

Have a great weekend everyone. Think positive always no matter what, no matter who. (Thanks Brydy) Yo!

Comment

The house that G built.

G,

You sound so good. It is always nice to see the progress made in the MWO tribe.

All the best.

Comment

The house that G built.

Mr. G,

It sounds like your plan is solid. There is no reason in the world you can not do this!

Comment

The house that G built.

Hey Mr G.....I like your plan. Especially the gratitude list.

I hear you wiith the 30, 60, 90 day slip back to it. I'm in new waters for me. 94 days. Slippery territory right now. I'm going to hit the gym tomorrow and I'm going to start doing a gratitude list every day. :h
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

The house that G built.

Morning Mr. G and congrats on reaching 45 days. Nora C, congrats on your new territory as well. I'm just plodding along, one day after another but feeling ever so grateful.

Now that I am in one place for 10 days, I managed to make it to the gym and pool for short periods the last three days. It definitely helps with my attitude, though no weight has yet to come off!

Have a great, AF weekend everyone.
                    Free at Last
                    "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
                    http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

The house that G built.

Hi Y'all,

Thanks Lucky and A dub for your well wishes.

Nora, wow! 94 days is huge friend. Keep it going and i look forward to celebrating the 100 with you. That's triple digits....the big time! Living large baby!

Glad you could get a few workouts in FAL. Sure helps my 'tude too. And a bit of attitude about ourselves is great i reckon.

Thanks all for taking the time to drop in. Have a great weekend. :h

Comment

The house that G built.

Hi all,

Lot's of these sorts of images around, but i like this version.....

Comment

The house that G built.

Thanks, Mr. G, lots of good advice. My favorite statement about life (and I don't know its attribution) is: "Life is too short to waste yet long enough to do something important."

Food for thought on this Sunday morning.
                          Free at Last
                          "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
                          http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

The house that G built.

Just wanted to stop by for a cup of coffee this morning...it's so warm and oozy here @ Mr. G's place..really cold outside here in Seattle...Brrrrrr...

Not lots to say lately...just want to listen- Hugs :l
                            On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                            *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

The house that G built.

Oozy= Cozy....
                              On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                              *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

The house that G built.

The best of the best of good mornings to everyone,

Life is too short indeed FAL. It seems to get shorter! hehe.

Hiya Kradle. Nice to see you. This weekend i was told i am special. So ooozing specialness here, along with plenty of bulldust of course. Oozin' but no boozin' for this chump. You are special Kradle.

The beginning of a new week here. Anything is possible. Dreams can come true baby. There are no limits.

There is always hope. Personal change is electrifying. Try it today free of charge.

Comment

Working...
                                X