• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Guitarista !

Comment

Hello Dixon!

How are you doing friend?

Early sat evening here. Working this weekend. Gotta pay the ferryman.

Have a good one out there.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Well Mr G what a miserablish day in melbourne. hibernating weather and i even dragged out the clothes horse for the washing. i do so much appreciate it when it is sunny on weekends are being stuck inside all week. Oh well a good excuse to do nothing and maybe clean out the food cupboard and fridge.

Keep up the fantastic work.
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Thanks Ava, will do.

Not a great day for a clothes horse to be out in the paddock either so far. Steady rain here overnight. One of the rare work weekends where the weather's a bit dismal. Usually i'm stuck at work during an absolute rippa, no corker, wait a minute, no, pearler of a day! But i really cannot and will not complain. Enrolled in uni on friday for 2015, so that's off and running. Feeling like my batteries are almost fully recharged and getting pumped to take on some more challenges. As they say in the USA when fielding a new political candidate.....'He's tanned, he's relaxed, he's ready'

Have a good one out there y'all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Its a miserable weekend mr G, it is not pushing my motivation buttons at all but i figure i need a good ME time weekend to recharge said batteries.

Thanks for the chuckle, its nice to wake up and laugh, bloody Aussies and their sense of humour!

Great work on enrolling for Uni with as less stress as possible, 2015 will be a great year for you and a sober one.

may be time for me today to do some summer inside cleaning and dusting or maybe not.

keep the toupe dry today.
            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Top of the monday morning to y'all from the beach pad.

Relaxing here after a flat out working weekend. Pizza and ice-cream my reward, along with an easy jog soon.

Just reflecting on some folks we've lost over the years here to booze. Mental, emotional, and physical states associated directly with drinking. Drinking can put people into a state of mind that causes them to take their own life, or, the effects will slowly but surely shut down our body. What they say about alcoholism/problem drinking is true. We either end up in jail, hospital (psych or general), or dead, well before our time. Or............we stop the madness and take back our precious lives by not drinking. No real point to this post, just reflecting aloud.

It is a hard road when we make the decision to stop. But it is a rewarding journey and honourable path we take. Step by small step. One cool thing about the future......It comes one day at a time.

Take it easy out there and have a crack.

Comment

Hi G, somehow was taken to April of this year when I clicked on your thread and it threw me for a second. I pray you never drink again. That none of us ever drink again. That this quit is our last. It's painful to read back on the early days, especially in contrast to the peaceful tone now that you're at 4 months +. Glad to hear you sounding good and strong as usual. What classes will you be taking? Xo
                Last edited by jane27; December 7, 2014, 10:39 PM.
                AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Hey Jane.

Thanks. I haven't read my earlier posts. Maybe i should. Interesting how the change/improvement is so evident. Yes, i hope this is the last quit too. Watching a few TED talk vids today on addiction and related stuff, as i scoff down my 6th mince mini pie. lol. Ok for me as it's a rare treat and i'll burn it off along with my usual healthy food intake.

I suppose we all have our perceptions and bubbles/beliefs we live in and with, and for me when boozing, these perceptions are small and limited. The walls and limits start to fall away when i'm living sober, can think more clearly, and see the endless, limitless horizon.

I'm studying social work part time next year. Mental health, alcohol and other drugs are my main interests, but i want to keep my hand in at an academic level, so an afternoon per week will suit me next year freeing me up for making music, running, chicks, and a community project i'm working on.

Are you still as super busy as i read you have been recently? Either way, hope all's good with you.

Comment

Having a lazy day surfing the net. Enjoying catching a few brill TED talks. Here's one around the concept of Depression being a disease of civilization. Makes a lot of sense. 22mins.

Comment

Hey, G.

Just read your post from yesterday - and I just wrote in the nest that this IS hard. It is not for the feint of heart. And yet, as Jane so aptly pointed out, so worth it.

Maybe you'll meet some special co-ed (of the proper age, mind you!) so you can kill two birds with one stone. It is amazing how much mind being sober can free up.

Summer rains are great in my book - we never have warm rain up here where I am. I saw a picture titled "Australian Christmas Tree" and it was a pic of a big fan with a bunch of presents around it. Thought of you and Ava.

Pav

Comment

Originally posted by Pavati View Post
                        Hey, G.

Just read your post from yesterday - and I just wrote in the nest that this IS hard. It is not for the feint of heart. And yet, as Jane so aptly pointed out, so worth it.

Maybe you'll meet some special co-ed (of the proper age, mind you!) so you can kill two birds with one stone. It is amazing how much mind being sober can free up.

Summer rains are great in my book - we never have warm rain up here where I am. I saw a picture titled "Australian Christmas Tree" and it was a pic of a big fan with a bunch of presents around it. Thought of you and Ava.

Pav
                        G'day Pavi. I might be 'hot for teacher' as the Van halen song goes, next year at uni!

Yep, we sometimes need the air con on xmas day. Have a great week.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                          Having a lazy day surfing the net. Enjoying catching a few brill TED talks. Here's one around the concept of Depression being a disease of civilization. Makes a lot of sense. 22mins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drv3BP0Fdi8
                          Hey G -check out this TED vid if you get a chance. I hope others will get a chance to watch -also.

Kevin Breel -Confessions of a Depressed Comic
                          Kevin Breel is a 19 year old writer, comedian, and mental health activist. http://www.kevinbreel.com/As a rising young stand up comedian in Canada, Kevin is...

Comment

Thanks Spirit. That is excellent viewing.

It's important to keep the conversation flowing and to break down stigma!

Take care.

Comment

I'm Hot For Teacher, yeah I can picture that!
                              One of my Van Halen faves
                              Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                              "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Good morning y'all from the beach pad.

Cloudy and cool here at the moment. A little guitar teaching session this morning then out and about for some odds and ends. Might find a Missus. Stranger things have happened i suppose. :hahaha:

Day something or other but who's counting.

Kick some arse and take it easy.

Comment

Working...
                                X