No announcement yet.

The house that G built.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi G and others. Just got to thank you all for introcing membership to some new words that I am using with my adult sons. Yes, they still think and refer to me as old and lame, but I got to believe that they love my new lingo. Not. My youngest just sent a me a text and said that I was too old to be using words like uraawk and ooroo. He said I did not even know what ooroo meant. LOL. Got to love it at this stage. Keep up the great path G.

Comment

Lol, thanks Spirit. Throw 'bonza' at em and see what they say! i.e. It's a bonza day...

Day 140 and something here but who's counting.

Out into it for a run. I see it's important for me to take a step back every now and then, preferably daily, to reflect on how far i've come, where i've come from and where i'm going, all whilst being in the present moment of course. lol. Deep slow relaxed breathing is very, very important.

Take it easy out there.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Ok G - I just sent a text to em saying bonza day today. Yea, what I am talking is that I had a 'ripper' kind of day. I am now waiting to here back of just how really lame I am -lol, but so very true. Thanks G

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
        Lol, thanks Spirit. Throw 'bonza' at em and see what they say! i.e. It's a bonza day...

Day 140 and something here but who's counting.

Out into it for a run. I see it's important for me to take a step back every now and then, preferably daily, to reflect on how far i've come, where i've come from and where i'm going, all whilst being in the present moment of course. lol. Deep slow relaxed breathing is very, very important.

Take it easy out there.
        Last edited by Spiritfree; December 19, 2014, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Good luck Spirit! lol.

Day 146 here but who's counting.

Sheeshkebab! 5 months on friday. Yay! I sure have entertained the idea of drinking again this xmas, but happy to say this is unlikely to happen as i approach the 5 month mark. I am still in the danger zone, but emerging from it into freedom more and more each day.

Have a happy healthy week out there y'all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Entertaining thoughts here too G - think it is habits of many years....difficult to teach an old dog new tricks:eek-new: I will join you in hanging onto what we have achieved!
            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Originally posted by scottish lass View Post
              Entertaining thoughts here too G - think it is habits of many years....difficult to teach an old dog new tricks:eek-new: I will join you in hanging onto what we have achieved!
              Yes SL. I think it's just the old routine/pavlov's dog kicking in!

I have every intention of continuing to build on this maaarvellous foundation of AF time. We have done the hard yards, so now, for me at least, it is about maintainence. And to maintain my sobriety, i just need to keep doing the things i love to do, and make sure i spend time around people i like, and who like me.

Have a beaut evening and a smooth week ahead.

Comment

It would not be entertaining to start over again, right? Glad you're both aware of what's going on and choosing to keep on with what you're doing so well! xx- NS

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                  It would not be entertaining to start over again, right? Glad you're both aware of what's going on and choosing to keep on with what you're doing so well! xx- NS
                  Thanks NS. Nooo. Not entertaining at all! I really reached an important personal milestone at 100 days, so i am appreciating and respecting where i am and where i'm heading. :thumbsup:

Comment

Have a wonderful sober Christmas Mr G. This will be my 3rd sober one. It's so much easier this way. Hey life is to be enjoyed and it's great to be able to remember those moments without regret. And even if the day is boring, stressful, tiring - it's just one day among many. It doesn't have to be a big deal.
                    Of course if you want to blow your sox off I am sure you can do it sober!!

Comment

Originally posted by treetops View Post
                      Have a wonderful sober Christmas Mr G. This will be my 3rd sober one. It's so much easier this way. Hey life is to be enjoyed and it's great to be able to remember those moments without regret. And even if the day is boring, stressful, tiring - it's just one day among many. It doesn't have to be a big deal.
                      Of course if you want to blow your sox off I am sure you can do it sober!!
                      Yo TT! Thanks. Right on.

Life sure is amazing. I have learned perspective can be a friend or enemy....that it's important for me to think outside the box, and look at the bigger picture and possibilities that this world and my life offers me. If my world view remains blinkered, then i can begin to get negative easily. It doesn't have to be that way, and i remember these are just thoughts and a false perspective. Thoughts and perspective can be changed, and i'm learning how to do that. Noice.

Have a beaut xmas too my friend. All the best to you and yours at this time.

Orf for a run to clear me head.

Comment

Mr G, I have just opened a Xmas box of special gooey mini- Tim-Tams.
                        I will blame my expanding waistline on this Aussie delicacy!

Comment

Originally posted by treetops View Post
                          Mr G, I have just opened a Xmas box of special gooey mini- Tim-Tams.
                          I will blame my expanding waistline on this Aussie delicacy!
                          Mini?! Well you'll need to eat 2 at a time then for a truer tim tam experience. :smiles:

Comment

Merry xmas y'all.

I'm going bush for awhile. Take it easy out there

Comment

Merry Xmas Mr G, enjoy your bush retreat.
                              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Happy travels G man
                                “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Working...
                                X