The house that G built.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The house that G built.

scottish lass;1651796 wrote: Yeah - well done G - two weeks/two months - we are on the right track!!
    Yep indeed SL. Congratulations once again.

In related news, i've just got off the phone to an AL outpatient 6 week program mon-friday's available free in my city. Only 1 of it's kind here. Inpatient rehab waiting list is very long unless you have private med insurance which i don't. Anyway, small wait for this program, but that's ok as they have a group i can go to straight away on thursday nights, that discusses strategies, thinking, relapse prevention etc. Cool.

I have a 1hr. assessment for the 6 week prog on may 1st, but they'll ring me if an earlier time becomes available. The next 6 week prog begins 12th may.

It's a big step for me asking for help like this, but i know that i need to get some different thinking/strategies happening, along with some pro and peer support. Must say, i'm a little excited......

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

The house that G built.

Wow, G, that is a big step, but it sounds like a great program, and I'd be excited, too. Actually, I AM excited for you.

As you might say, you RAWK.

Comment

The house that G built.

Good for you - I sense this is a pretty big move for you, and it is great that you are excited about it. I hope you get in, I will be sending good vibes to the selection committee / assessment board in the hope you get accepted
        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

The house that G built.

Thanks Pav and SL.

Our convo on the phone sounded positive. The worker sounded keen to get me in. I get the feeling that being 14 days AF helped too. Yes, it is a big step for me. I've always tried to do things myself. But i feel now that i need a bit of outside support to help me nail it. It's a kind of surrender. Giving myself over to others for support.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

The house that G built.

G- so cool you are reaching out for support. I hope all goes well.

I am thinking I will be doing the same thing in a lesser degree. I am going to start by seeing an alcohol counselor. She has a small soberiety group I think I will start attending. I was going to go tonight but was tired from my dr nuking episode last night and wanted to be close to my family.

Let us know how things are going with your program. Will be anxious to here.

Comment

The house that G built.

bkyogagurl;1651824 wrote: G- so cool you are reaching out for support. I hope all goes well.

I am thinking I will be doing the same thing in a lesser degree. I am going to start by seeing an alcohol counselor. She has a small soberiety group I think I will start attending. I was going to go tonight but was tired from my dr nuking episode last night and wanted to be close to my family.

Let us know how things are going with your program. Will be anxious to here.
              Thanks BK. Will do. Your plan sounds a solid one and a good idea.

When will you go?

Comment

The house that G built.

jane27;1651827 wrote: G, how amazing an opportunity. I am so glad you feel excited about it. That's a sure sign that success is within reach.:h
                Thanks Jane. Yes. I feel i just need a bit of a (solid) tweak, and i'll be on my way.

Comment

The house that G built.

If you want a reference I will gladly give you one Mr G. I did not know anything about that, sounds pretty cool and free is even better. We all need that extra bit of something and my fingers and toes are crossed for you.
                  AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

The house that G built.

available;1651850 wrote: If you want a reference I will gladly give you one Mr G. I did not know anything about that, sounds pretty cool and free is even better. We all need that extra bit of something and my fingers and toes are crossed for you.
                    Ah, Thanks Ava. That's kind of you. I think it's just a matter of timing and numbers from what i gather. Anyway, will keep all posted.

P.S. Here's a cool autobiography from around 1914 Chicago. This book was a pdf download on a site No sugar posted about recently. The story is from a blokes perspective early last century, entitled 'My last drink' by Joseph Francis. Not much has changed.

http://www.williamwhitepapers.com/pr...st%20Drink.pdf

Comment

The house that G built.

Hey G-

I just made an appointment for Friday to see her privately. I am hoping it wil be what I need to help me get thru the weekend sober. Looking forward to hearing about your meetings. Are you going to do inpatient or out?

Day 2 for me.. Something feels weird when I start counting for some reason..

Have a good one G- proud of you for never giving up.

Comment

The house that G built.

bkyogagurl;1652022 wrote: Hey G-

I just made an appointment for Friday to see her privately. I am hoping it wil be what I need to help me get thru the weekend sober. Looking forward to hearing about your meetings. Are you going to do inpatient or out?

Day 2 for me.. Something feels weird when I start counting for some reason..

Have a good one G- proud of you for never giving up.
                        Yo BK,

Thank you Mam. Congratulations on day 2. Don't forget you are moving forward. All the best for friday. I hope you get some value out of the session.

The program i'm looking at is like a 'day rehab'. So outpatient i suppose. 9-3.30/4 p.m. mon-fri for 6 weeks. I go home at night. I would've considered an inpatient option, e.g. 30 days, but the waiting list is months long for our free public health system. This day program suits me all things considered.

Sun is out here, but cool temp wise....15C. Onward and upward to the totally engulfing light.

L8tr gater's.

Comment

The house that G built.

Guitarista;1651823 wrote: Thanks Pav and SL.

Our convo on the phone sounded positive. The worker sounded keen to get me in. I get the feeling that being 14 days AF helped too. Yes, it is a big step for me. I've always tried to do things myself. But i feel now that i need a bit of outside support to help me nail it. It's a kind of surrender. Giving myself over to others for support.
                          Wishing you the best, just a little push to get you over the hump. I'm sure you'll nail it. you're such a fighter.

Comment

The house that G built.

Mr Vervill;1652363 wrote: Wishing you the best, just a little push to get you over the hump. I'm sure you'll nail it. you're such a fighter.
                            Thanks Mr V.

Much appreciated and good to see you dropping in.

Well, i had a call earlier from this joint and my assessment has been brought forward to tomorrow (thursday) rather than next week. Cool. I'll be sure to post my impressions in 24 hrs. I probably won't know the outcome for a few days/week or so after that.

Looking forward to it. A bit daunting putting myself on the line in front of a couple of enquiring social workers though. lol. Anyway, i'm also a little excited.

Hope all's okay out there!

Comment

The house that G built.

:hG-brother:l
                              Formerly Angelcakes, new name, new attitude.

Comment

The house that G built.

Yeah! That sounds like positive news G!
                                “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Working...
                                X