The house that G built.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The house that G built.

allswell;1586954 wrote: I'm doing alright Mr. G.

Autumn here and it's the time I always reflect on the past 3/4 of the year. It's been bittersweet in many respects. I ran two marathons and a handful of 10k's and halfs, seen some really beautiful country, been stiffed by several clients for some significant amounts (I'm self employed) and my relationship of a year and a half ended but I ran for public office and won, have my health and spirit and go about my day with positive attitudes. In other words living life. Things are good here, hope all is well with you and everyone else that visits the thread.
    What a year for you then! Well my friend, you are an absolute inspiration maintaining a positive attitude through all of that. Huge congratulations on the marathons, and huge congrat's on your election. You are an amazing person. All very good here thanks. I'm right into my running now, especially since i've reduced my work hours drastically to return to study. Lot's more free, me time.

Today i'm off to check out a martial arts/gym joint that does all sorts of stuff, and i just might be able to stretch the student budget to sign up. What u reckon Siren? I may soon be able to whip yer ass in the ring.

L8tr, Yo! :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

The house that G built.

Greetings friends, new and old,

A little milestone today. Day 30. Not too shabby an effort, hehe. Feeling good, and will continue to enjoy the freedom. Off to hit the bag. Have a beeeewdy out there.

L8tr, Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

The house that G built.

Mr. G,

Let me be the first to congratulate you on 30 days!

Well Done!
        2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

The house that G built.

Hey Mr G - Congrats on the 30 days! :h

Allswell - I forgot you got elected! Fantastic. :l:l
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

The house that G built.

Guitarista;1586982 wrote: What u reckon Siren? I may soon be able to whip yer ass in the ring.
            Bring it. :l I've been going 3 times a week for the last 6 years. I reckon you have some catching up to do, my friend.

Congrats on the milestone! Carry it forward and don't look back!
            Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

The house that G built.

Well done on that 30 days G bloke, wonderful stuff! xx
              Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

The house that G built.

Ah, thankyou A Dub, Nora, Siren and BH.

Siren. I'm training in Muay Thai now. One thing i'm really liking about this class is that we spar (lightly for beginners like me) every class. This is real cool for me as it arc's up the interest factor and we get to put the stuff into practice, even though it's a bit different to out in the street. It's also a good workout as i'm not used to skipping rope or kicking.

I think i'll be needing a REST tomorrow, as i took this new gym up on their complimentary one on one personal training session which i wanted to be just a basic weights program and a check-up on my weight training techniques. Well, it was that, but as my trainer Mel started to increase the weight factor on our newly agreed on circuit/program, and then said 'Right! Off you go again'. Well, she nearly killed me. She is now known as the Smiling Assassin! So a light run for me tomorrow.

Hope all's good with everyone. L8tr, Yo!

Comment

The house that G built.

Guitarista;1588146 wrote: Ah, thankyou A Dub, Nora, Siren and BH.

Siren. I'm training in Muay Thai now. One thing i'm really liking about this class is that we spar (lightly for beginners like me) every class. This is real cool for me as it arc's up the interest factor and we get to put the stuff into practice, even though it's a bit different to out in the street. It's also a good workout as i'm not used to skipping rope or kicking.

I think i'll be needing a REST tomorrow, as i took this new gym up on their complimentary one on one personal training session which i wanted to be just a basic weights program and a check-up on my weight training techniques. Well, it was that, but as my trainer Mel started to increase the weight factor on our newly agreed on circuit/program, and then said 'Right! Off you go again'. Well, she nearly killed me. She is now known as the Smiling Assassin! So a light run for me tomorrow.

Hope all's good with everyone. L8tr, Yo!
                  Sounds great, G! Muay Thai looks like fun. I wish we sparred more. You may be ready for me sooner than I think

Last night was a good class - some recognition drills and ground-fighting. Many more bruises. Looks like it will be long sleeves for me tomorrow when I have to go into the office.

Well Monday looked good for day 1 for me until the ex-husband (now roommate) brought home some wine and poured me a glass before I even knew he was home. So I've been bad all week. No booze in the house now though, so I'll start taking an antabuse when work is over - 5 ish. That will give me a few days to get my head on straight again.

Take care everyone!
                  Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

The house that G built.

Back on track then my friend.

Comment

The house that G built.

Guitarista;1588173 wrote: Back on track then my friend.
                      Abso-tootly. I feel OK this morning. Nothing a little tea and time won't take care of. Not to mention B vitamins. I have a lot of work to do today so I will be extremely busy.

Comment

The house that G built.

Guitarista, just wanted to say well done on your 30 days! I'm glad you're getting a good workout, I think that is such a benefit to a solid quit. Take care, friend.
                        "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                        AF 11/12/11

Comment

The house that G built.

Pinecone;1588311 wrote: Guitarista, just wanted to say well done on your 30 days! I'm glad you're getting a good workout, I think that is such a benefit to a solid quit. Take care, friend.
                          Hi Pinecone,

Thanks. Yep, i agree. For me at least, regular working out is a key to a solid foundation in my sobriety. Good to see you, and hope all's good with you.

Off to lay some bricks. Ooroo.

Comment

The house that G built.

I am so proud of you G-Man! You are one of my heroes around here. Keep up the good work!! :h:h:h
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

The house that G built.

K9Lover;1588392 wrote: I am so proud of you G-Man! You are one of my heroes around here. Keep up the good work!! :h:h:h
                              Yo Niner!

Shucks Mam. And you are one of mine. :h

Thanks. Hope all's well in your world my treasured friend. :l

Comment

The house that G built.

:blush: Golly Gee..Mr. G!

Things are good in Niner-Land...getting over the flu, fighting a sinus infection, trying to get a new job, dealing with CRAZY people all day...but hell, it's great! :H
                                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                                X