The house that G built.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The house that G built.

scottish lass;1652674 wrote: Yeah! That sounds like positive news G!
    Top of the morning to y'all,

Yep SL, i'll go along today and check it out. I'm just going to turn up and be me. I have no expectations.

Have a great MAE everyone.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

The house that G built.

mollyka;1652761 wrote: Delighted for you MrG!! It's a brave decision - I didn't feel a bit brave when I made my mind up to accept outside help and care --- but it was truly the bravest thing -- and the wisest -- that I ever EVER did in my life --- it takes a big person to accept that they can't do it alone -- it's a sign of strength - not weakness -- I wish you the miracle that I experienced --- because it was nothing short of that

One bit of wisdom that was offered to me when I started that part of my 'journey' - was to be unrelentingly honest --- both with others and myself --- anything else is a mugs game --- it can be painful -- but within that honesty will be the release that we strive for -

xxxxx
      Yo molly! :h

Thanks. I'm looking forward to it. First up though, is an assessment, and we'll take it from there.

Another thing i like about getting involved with such a program is they have ongoing support after it. This is really important i feel, and one thing that attracts me.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

The house that G built.

Had a feeling I should pop in and catch up here Mr G.
        I think your outpatient programme sounds like an absolutely fab idea. I can't wait to hear all about it, and I agree with the ladies above; asking for help is difficult to do but a sign of strength and wisdom.
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

The house that G built.

byebyebridgetjones;1652770 wrote: Had a feeling I should pop in and catch up here Mr G.
          I think your outpatient programme sounds like an absolutely fab idea. I can't wait to hear all about it, and I agree with the ladies above; asking for help is difficult to do but a sign of strength and wisdom.
          Morning Jonesy, thanks. :l

Comment

The house that G built.

G bro - you were in my dream last night actually there were 2 of you - one in a Hawaiian shirt & the other in a leather jacket:H There was chatting, laughing, joking - all above board :H
            Anyway, I think you're very brave and this is going to be great for you, excellent news :l
            Formerly Angelcakes, new name, new attitude.

Comment

The house that G built.

A Better Me;1652785 wrote: G bro - you were in my dream last night actually there were 2 of you - one in a Hawaiian shirt & the other in a leather jacket:H There was chatting, laughing, joking - all above board :H
              Anyway, I think you're very brave and this is going to be great for you, excellent news :l
              :H Thanks Grinder.

p.s. It's cool here today, and i'll be wearing me leather jacket.

Thank you again my friend. :l

Comment

The house that G built.

mollyka;1652761 wrote:
                One bit of wisdom that was offered to me when I started that part of my 'journey' - was to be unrelentingly honest --- both with others and myself --- anything else is a mugs game --- it can be painful -- but within that honesty will be the release that we strive for -

xxxxx
                Sorry to hijack your thread, but I wanted to say YES to Molly. All of it. Thanks for posting that, and I agree - being brutally honest is the hardest thing. I'm not there yet. I do have outside help via individual counseling, but I haven't come clean with all of my family and friends about how bad it was. This just really struck me tonight.

Hope you have a great session tomorrow, G.

Comment

The house that G built.

Thanks Pav!

Well folks, i'm just back from the assessment. I'm now officially on record as a drunk. hehe. And that's okay with me.

It went smoothly and ok i suppose. The assessor would've spoken to a team meeting by now about me, and said he'd ring me back later today or next week with an answer as to whether they reckon i'm a goer for their 6 week program which begins May 12. So we'll see.

Take care out there.

Comment

The house that G built.

Thanks Molly.

Your comments are worth a lot mate. :l

Comment

The house that G built.

Well Mr G good work and hey who would have figured you needed someone to tell you that. Amazing what a lot of questions will tell someone about someone. (said tongue in cheek). So proud of your endeavour into the unknown. You are definitely not weak Mr G you are a strong soul who wants to find direction and you will, just like us all at some stage.

I have everything crossed for you. x
                      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

The house that G built.

Wow Mr G. I'm in awe. How did you get so brave and wise? well done you. All strength for the road ahead. x

Comment

The house that G built.

Onya, MrG. It takes a big man to admit he might need a bit of a hand.

Comment

The house that G built.

Thanks everyone. Your encouragement is much appreciated.

Just off the phone. No decision till next week. In the meantime i'm encouraged to attend an info session doubling as a 'meet and greet' next wednesday night, so i'll go along to that.

Comment

The house that G built.

woo hoo all moving along now Mr G. How many people do they take?
                              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

The house that G built.

available;1652947 wrote: woo hoo all moving along now Mr G. How many people do they take?
                                Not sure Ava. I'll know more next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X