The house that G built.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The house that G built.

paulywogg;1678446 wrote: EFT,Kuya used it to quit smoking,there's videos on youtube you're doing awesome Mr.G
    Yo Pauly.Yes, EFT: Emotional Freedom Techniques. A facilitator at rehab told me he taps his young kids gently on the top of their mouth/under nose at night and it sends them to sleep like that.

jane27;1678499 wrote:
    Thanks G. I tried it to see if could get the posture. My hands shake so much. (Have 1 bad shoulder and naturally shaky paws). I like it. Learning to quell negative thoughts and shape them into positive thinking makes a ton of sense because it addresses everything right at the root. Wishing you a great MAE. J
    Jane, another tapping technique we learned was without lifting the hand or arm. It was tapping on the top your hand on the 'V' point where your thumb bone and index finger bone meet. You could rest your hand on a chair rail as you sit. Follow your thumb bone
    on top of your hand back towards your wrist and find the spot where your index finger bone meets it. Tap gently there, breathing deeply from bottom of tummy, and say an affirmation as you tap. Speed? our guy tapped at appx. 3-4 taps per second, but whatever you're comfortable with i'd reckon. We learnt our own affirmations are powerful too as they obviously relate to us on a deep level. 'i am happy'.....'it will be a great day'........'i am relaxed'.........i am balanced'..........'i love and respect myself deeply'..........or mine....'i am a heavy metal mother f*&*^%ker'.

Yoga or gym this morning. I'm taking yoga! Looking forward to it. I'm an active dude but i want more flexibility as flying across rooftops ain't as straightforward as it used to be. The kryptonite is melting away. Yeaah.

Take it easy out there and have a good one y'all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

The house that G built.

Gidday y'all,

Yoga was a great experience today. Good teacher, relaxed and laidback. We did some simple stretching, but the dialogue and explanations behind the movements were equal highlights for me. Just how we can 'massage' the internal organs through movement and breathing. Next class next friday. I'll be there. I discovered also that as a participant of the rehab program, i can keep coming to yoga free of charge after i finish the program, for as long as i like. How cool is that?! Free yoga. I'll take it!

Happy fourth of july to my American friends. Take it easy.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

The house that G built.

Can i come? Glad it is all going well Mr G.

I sent my daughter the "tapping" youtube vid for her anxiety as it works for that also on certain points especially the face.

damn its a cold cold day in Melbourne
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

The house that G built.

available;1678734 wrote: Can i come? Glad it is all going well Mr G.

I sent my daughter the "tapping" youtube vid for her anxiety as it works for that also on certain points especially the face.

damn its a cold cold day in Melbourne
          Some people swear by tapping. I'm still new to it, but i'm def moving quickly towards mindful practice, breathing/relaxation and meditation. Hope it's benefitting your daughter Ava.

Comment

The house that G built.

2 weeks of rehab reflections.

2 weeks done, 4 weeks to go and it's a little bit of a challenge, but that's okay. That's part of it, challenging our thoughts, feelings and behaviours. Art therapy on friday was interesting, and hard going for some of us. One exercise was to draw our inner and outer self. No further clarification or explanation, no right or wrong or rules, just draw and go for it. The exercise brought up some strong feelings, as instead of talking about how we are feeling, we drew it. Then we took turns talking about our work. Tough going at times.

Everyone's looking better physically, as am i at day 21. There is a more relaxed vibe present in the group as we get to know each other better, but still a noticable rawness. This is tough going for a few folks, but some others are noticeably seeing the light and gaining a real sense of hope. I'm somewhere in between for some reason, but i'm sticking with it.

Comment

The house that G built.

Onya, GMan!

I think you're courageous to confront the Al affliction in this way.

best wishes,
              Steady of Cold Melbourne
              AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

The house that G built.

STEADFAST;1679230 wrote: Onya, GMan!

I think you're courageous to confront the Al affliction in this way.

best wishes,
                Steady of Cold Melbourne
                Thanks Steady. Appreciate the encouragement.

Hope all's well with you. Keep warm.

G bloke.

Comment

The house that G built.

Mr. G,
                  Your journey requires courage and commitment. So glad to hear that you are staying with this.

Warmest,
                  Free at Last
                  "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
                  http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

The house that G built.

Yo FAL. Yep indeed. Those 2 things right there.

Hope all's good with you. Have a beaut week my friend. Orf into the day here.

Take it easy y'all.

Comment

The house that G built.

Top of the morning to youse from a wintery Oz.

The weather don't matter to me though, because i hold the greatest gift of all in my hands. My sobriety.

Off to booze school again soon. CBT skills practice today followed by something else i can't remember. Half a day and lunchtime start so gym and a run first this morning. Still another 3.5 weeks to go so lot's of stuff still to absorb into my (mud) brick head.

Have a pearler out there y'all.

G bloke.

Comment

The house that G built.

Go well Mr G. Been thinking of you x

Comment

The house that G built.

Thanks Saucy. Likewise.

How are you doing?

Comment

The house that G built.

G
                            so how goes the tap thing. My wife does that by phone with a group. I have yet to look into it. Are you finding it helpful? Sounds as if you are doing well!
                            Sam
                            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

The house that G built.

Samstone;1680858 wrote: G
                              so how goes the tap thing. My wife does that by phone with a group. I have yet to look into it. Are you finding it helpful? Sounds as if you are doing well!
                              Sam
                              Hey Sam,

Good to see ya. Yep, i'm doing ok here thanks. Positive and trucking on. I haven't done anymore tapping since that one class last week, so i can't say as yet. Will try it out again soon though along with some morning meditation. In the one and only tapping class i had, the tutor stressed some deep breathing as well from the lower belly up. I imagine the deep breathing along with the tapping focus would act as a mindful sort of exercise whereby you are in the present and focusing on the tapping and breathing. So i reckon those 2 aspects would contribute to relaxing you. There's a bit more to it given the different points of the body you tap on. For me, if it's presented to us in the rehab program, that tells me there's enough evidence that it's useful for many folks.

Hope you're good mate.

Greg

Comment

The house that G built.

Guitarista;1680846 wrote: Top of the morning to youse from a wintery Oz.

The weather don't matter to me though, because i hold the greatest gift of all in my hands. My sobriety.

Off to booze school again soon. CBT skills practice today followed by something else i can't remember. G bloke.
                                Mr G, you are so right, only you hold the greatest gift in you hands and only you can hold onto it. I have never thought of my sobriety as my greatest gift, it has always been my children but you are totally right and sobriety is something i will hold and treasure for ever.

Booze school, well only an Aussie can call rehab "booze school", thanks for the giggle this morning. Oh dont forget it takes our brains whatever amount of time (see!) to keep in stuff. 7 months and i still forget "stuff". Im going through an alzheimers stage at the moment but hopefully it will pass or the kids are in deep shite!

Time is flying in "booze school" and it does sound as if you are getting so many positives out of this. Proud of you Mr G.
                                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Working...
                                X