X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Number of Drinks I have had this week

Re: # of drinks

Welcome, Wenzalc!
    We've got to get you registered somehow. I'm worried you'll get overlooked way at the bottom of this thread!
    Sounds like you have tried and tried many things to cut back/quit the drinking like many of us. You are not alone! I hope you have been reading all of the wonderful success stories here. Please join us! We would love to have you and to help you as best we can with your journey.
    Try to register, or try to start a new thread so you are at the beginning of one. You'll find tons of support.
    Good luck, and welcome again!
    Becca

Comment

newbie!

holy crap i think i need some help here! new guy to the site. just been reading some of your messages and so much rang true to me. i've been getting a little bit carried away with my drinking recently and been thinking of packing it in! maybe i'm in the right place?

Comment

Welcome, welcome, Lee!
        Tell us more about yourself! Let us know how we can help. Try to get registered, and also try to post a "new topic" with some info about yourself, if you feel comfortable doing so. You will get tons of support that way! This post happens to be at the bottom of a "thread" , and those tend to get overlooked a little more easily.
        So glad you found this site when you say your drinking is just starting to get carried away. Lots of time to pull in the reigns!
        Best to you!
        Becca

Comment

None since Sunday night.
          It is 3:30 PT on a Saturday afternoon and I am functioning. Usually, by this time I would have banged out a six pack or made a dent in a box of wine.
          Hope everyone is enjoying the Masters, I am going to get back to laundry and cleaning.
          Vikki

Comment

Zero. And very happy about it!

Comment

Y
              A
              Y
              !
              Go Girlz!!!

Comment

hi again becca! sorry to mither you but i've just managed to find your reply to my original post! sorry! its taken me a while to get used to this site but now i've got used to it i think its great! thanks again for the welcome and i hope to be able to speak to you soon! enjoy your holiday. thanks again! lee

Comment

None and it actually feels great to say that! It's what helps me in the evenings!
                  Hugs,
                  Mary

Comment

It's Monday afternoon at work. I made it through the weekend without drinking. Cleaned all the windows in the house (inside and out), watched some movies all the way through (Good Night and Good Luck is awesome!) and finished all the laundry.
                    It will be such a relief if I can keep this going. For years I have put off so many projects saying to myself 'I'll do that when I stop drinking'.
                    This weekend while listening to the CD's I reminded myself of all the beautiful places my husband and I would go to on the weekends before my drinking took over my life.
                    We live right by the ocean and a river and the sounds on the CD's are so much like home.
                    I want my life back!
                    It's been a good week.
                    Vikki

Comment

Just finished week one. I had 2 glasses (restaurant poured glasses, not glasses I pour!!) and one after-dinner limoncello. Very pleased with these results as usually I go though 4-5-6 bottles of wine a week. Today is the start of week 2.

Comment

drinks

haven't had a drink s9ince 12/3/05. gained 20 lbs which is good in my case as i had lost 25 and was 120 lbs., blood alcohol level 0 (beats the .243 i registered 12/2/05). feels great to b sober!!!!:rollin

Comment

I love reading this thread, I will be five weeks without a drink on Monday and I am so happy about it.

congratulations everyone

Yvonne

Comment

Re: Drinks this day

2 small glasses of wine this week. Not slipping, kind of checking if I can be a moderate drinker. I think I can, I didn't want any more than that. We'll see, I'm up to 200mg of Topomax and drinking has been totally redefined. The wine was an after dinnner thing and a glass lasted like 3 HOURS!!

Marty

Comment

Ooops, yesterday I messed up and had 5 beers. Today I will have nothing and I'll just keep at it day after day I hope. I haven't finished reading the book yet and I'm waiting for some new CD's but I do have the clearing track 1 and the subliminal so I hope I do OK. I haven't tried the L-Glutamate on the tongue yet but that will be coming up the minute I feel like a drink. I have a hangover but EVERYONE is doing GREAT!! I love this place.
                              CB

Comment

Re: Drinks this day

Went 2 days totally clean, while w/d meds. Today oops, 4 beers, but was able to say no more!! I actually hate how I feel right now, and only 4 beers! I attribute it to the w/d from meds and my body is not as tolerant to the alcohol, a good thing!! Wow, never would have been able to say stop after 4! Now I have a better mind set, 4 is a limit now, where as 6 was a few wks ago, now to get to none!! Just seeing more of the light, a couple days jitters, oh well, then 4 feel like crap, so the body is telling me what to do!! Atleast over the yrs, slowly I am tapering this too!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X