Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Number of Drinks I have had this week

I had

3 on Monday, 5 on Tuesday, 4 last night. I've botched it bigtime this week......

I'm not quitting entirely, just moderating. Looks like I'm having a very slow weekend.

Comment

Re: Drinks this day

Before I started MWO:

1 pint of liquor, or 1-2 bottles of wine a day.
      ( For the past 15 years.)

First few weeks doing MWO:

1/4 - 1 bottle of wine a day.

Last 2 weeks:

Behind those numbers there is a lot of motivation and effort, but I just love the way they look all by themselves!!!!.

Deirdre

Comment

It amazes me that the body can process so much crap and still function. If I kept count of how much I drank I'd just beat myself up more. I'm 46 so I think as we get older our bodies just don't detox as well. I wish I'd listened to myself when I was younger and knew I had a problem. By gones. Hey, how about sharing the mood or situation you were in when you wanted to drink?. All I know is that it numbs me and I don't have to feel what ever it is I don't want to feel, and I live a pretty good life. I'm still afraid of giving that "friend" up. Is it really possible to moderate? Million dollar question. Take Care, keke

Comment

Re: Drinks this day

Usually 1-2 bottles Thursday then 1-2 bottles Saturday night but that is when I am at home with no visitors.

At parties or wherever I start on wine or bourbon then graduate to whatever is going and I just keep goin goin goin!

No stop button.

So, because I cannot moderate I have chosen to abstain indefinitely. My doctor has given me a 2 month period to do so and see how I go. I really believe I can do it. I am day 5 now.

I keep NO alcohol in the house except for wine with salt in the pantry for cooking.

Jools

Comment

I would be embarrased to say how many drinks i have had.

I am finding it very comforting to see so many peoples stories. They should feel strong about able to cut back on their drinking...

I hope I am writing in the correct section.. I too, have felt that great feeling when you have not drank all weekend. Way to go Vikki .. This is great. I used to be able to do it but I have slipped badly. But I am here because I am looking for a change. I am looking to get my control back.

Comment

Wow,
              You really are inspiring to me. Every aspect of your life has improved, the weight loss, all the money saved, everything. You should be so proud of yourself.

Patty

Comment

Drinks today

too many and I am miserable-I will try this program as I literally destroyed my life while attending a combo of AA and a women's group-I need all the help I can get-I am on the verge of suicide-what should have been my golden years will be filled with only loneliness, poverty and despair-I wish I could die right now-

Comment

Re: Drinks today

Josie,

This program can help you. How about you start a new thread. Go to the top right hand corner and press new topic, and tell us a liitle bit about yourself we can get to know you.

Donna

Comment

What I drank today

too much and I am miserable-I will give MWO a chance-a combo of a women's group therapy and AA literally destroyed my life-all hope of anything good for me now is impossible-what should have been my golden years will not be-I should be dead but I guess God wants me to suffer-

Comment

Re: What I drank today

Josie,

I am sorry my computer froze up on me last night and I could not repond to you again. I was wondering if you had any family or friends close by. It sounds like you can use someone close to help you get some help with this. Certainly we can help you as well. I suggest you order the book. Or better yet, you can down load it from the home page of this site that way you don't have to wait for it the mail. This would be a good place to start! Welcome to MWO!!

Donna

Comment

hey Josie, how about sharing a little, how did AA and the womans group destroy your life . How can we help ?

Dug

Comment

moderation

I have not started this program yet. My biggest problem is sometimes in social situations I start having so much fun that after 2 or 3 wines, I lose count. Then the next day I feel horrible because I can't remember how the night ended. Thankfully, my husband takes care of me. I don't drink and drive. I just want to be able to tell myself - o.k. tonight I won't have any more than 4 glasses of wine. Water in between. This approach has worked for me before. As long as I make a very conscious effort - like I have to remind myself the whole night not to go overboard. Do the vitamins and hypono play a big part in moderation. I use to be a more controlled sociale drinker so I don't understand why I can't be like that now. However, life did get a harder, a divorce, new marriage, a son with ADHD, etc. Any words of encouragement?

Comment

I lost count yesterday too and it was first time out after 11 days of no booze. Sounds like you've had a lot of changes in your life. 4 glasses of wine a day is still a lot- I think women are only supposed to have one. But yes the supps and everything else works as long as you stick with it and don't give in to the cravings. You should go to yur doc and get either Campral (if you want to stop drinking entirely) or Topamax (if you want moderation). I've told a lot of people on here to go to the doc prepared. Print out literature from the resrach section of this site about the drug you want , also print out MYO's home page and whatever else you think is important. Docs can be very impressed that you are serious about it and they may not even know enough about it. My doc appreciated all the info I gave her. Good luck! Patty

Comment

Help

Wow - I am excited for you. I am just trying to start this progarm and am scared and excited at the same time. I am drinking 20+ drinks a week right now. Today is the second day without alcohol. I feel okay now but have a party coming up on Wed. and I am afraid I will over do it and get druck again.

Comment

Re: Help

Hi want2 change,

I would skip that party if I were you. I should have skipped the Mother's Day brunch in the pub, I wasn't ready. What are you taking? You need some supplements listed on this site if you don't have them already, and maybe medication if the supps aren't enough. You can buy all the supps at a vitamin/health food store so you don't have to wait then order them. I feel the most important are the L-Glutamine and the Kudzu- but I am taking a bucketload of pills plus I am on prescription Campral from my shrink. Good luck and write back! Patty

Comment

Working...
                                X