X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Number of Drinks I have had this week

Sorry Andrea

I did not aswer your second Q

I do feel like drinking, but I am a habit drinker who only drinkd in the evening to get to sleep. I like the taste more than anything, which must be sharp. I like whiskey and Gin and ginger wine. Whiskey + ginger wine is great.
    I am going to try to hypnotise myself to only wanyt to drink two units on Mon, wed and Fri, Sat night. At the moment I am drinking alcohol free beer, that does not taste too bad, (I can only drink about 2 bottles before I get bloated), but for the rest of theevening I drink alcohol free ginger wine with ice, it is very nice. I found it at a craft fair the other day and it costs less than ?3 per bottle. Considering I was spending ?12 per night on a bottle of gin, I think that is pretty good going. So, yes, I do still get the taste. It will be interesting to see, if after 30 days of abstinence I will be able to drink 2 glasses of wine and then stop. But I am going to treat myself to nice wine. I usually get those 3 litre boxes of cheap wine that would last me two days. I intend to get a nice ?5 to ?7 wine to last me 2 days. Good luck

kirky

Comment

inspiring for someone about to start program

Hi

I thought that as well when I came on here, but yes there are men, as I am one. But I have got to ay that the ladies on here are so inspiring, it is great. I have been hooked on this sinnce I strted reading it last week. I have been in abstinence for 7 days now, and that has got to be a lot to do with it. I am also impresssed with the like of judi who is going to host the monthly things. I hope to do that in the future, just using hypno an supps, if it works on me. I am ordering my CDs today and some supps, especially to help me sleep as that is the main problem at the moment

good luck with your endeavours

kirky

Comment

Good lucky kirky- 7 days is awesome- especially without a prescription! I am jealous! Patty

Comment

Re: inspiring for someone about to start program

Way to go Kirky !! & days Is awsome !! Now you've graduated to over a weak!!

Comment

Thank you Judi and Patty.
            I have got to say that my determination has been inspired by you Judi, you have been so positive. I tried Benedryl the other night, which made it a bit better, but I still fidgeted all night. I stopped taking it now and am tring Nytol, but I take twicw the dose. I had a better night last night, but my wife still had to get out of bed, but I am not sure why at the moment as she flew out of the house as she was late for work. Having a stroppy ten year old son at the moment does not help, as he does not want to go to bed at night, and then does not want to get up in the morning, so we are all tired. I cant wait for a good nights sleep. I have sent off for some Melatonin but that could take some days to get here. None the less I am determined not to get back into my old habits. There is plenty of booze around the house, but I am also determined not to cheat, even if it means staying up all night. Cheers for now.

And good luck to you all. Cant wait till the tapes get here.

Kirky

Comment

Number of drinks

Hi Sheryl

Well done, keep up th e good work. I expect you have been away for your weekend, so I cannot say NO, dont do it, because if you take another one you could be back to where you atrated, but at least you know you can stop. I know I can now, but just before I did the final stop (I am not saying that I am not going to relapse, becasuse I am human) I really did not have cobfidence in myself that I could. Hope you had a nice weekend

good luck

Kirky

Comment

Go for it, Kirky!!!

Tawny

Comment

Thank you Tawny

It is unusual to meet someone at this time of day. It is 9.10am here in UK. It is really nice when people like you come up with one liners like that. Every little helps an I hope all isgoing well for you

cheers

kirky

Comment

Judie

Have you signed up for this global thing, and if so is it any good. I tried to register last nighr but was unsuccessful. Do you have to subsribe to become registered?

cheers

Kirky

Comment

Kirky,
                      It's good to register. It's free ( a little bit of bother but well worth your effort). Just try being a 'local user" - it works really well.

Then you can talk to us whenever you want to on chat and get private ezbox messages.

Hope this helps.

Tawny

Comment

Any words of encouragement are helpful.....

Hi

I dont know if these word will be encouraging enough, and you may want to tellme to get lost. I can emphasise with you completely, although from the other side. I have been drinking for the last 35 years or so, in the Army where it was an everyday pastime, and in my present job, which has been at times very stressfull, and drinking was, (not no part of the job). These are not excuses by the way, just saying how long I have been drinking. I have not always drunk to excess, but can think of many occasions when it has got out of control and I have done silly things, like put my hand straight through a pane of glass trying to say hello to someone. Over the past 18 months or so I have taken on a new job which is really high profile and a new challenge to my company and I have been a lead role, again not saying this is an excuse, but I have been drinking in excess for about 18 months, and I have 10 yer old son who is a real pain in the butt at the moment. Over the past 18 months I have had big arguements with my wife about my drinking, which I have usually forgotten about by the next morning. I have on a number of occasion wet myself in the bed. During some of these arguements my wife has threatened to leave me, but I have always shrugged it off, and at times have thought, 'well go on then, at least I will be able to drink and you wont nag at me'. Just over a fortnight ago, I had a real big binge, I remember nothing about it. Apparently I poured myself another huge gin, I was drinking a litre bottle a night. I sat down and immediately went to sleep. I spilt the whole drink over the armchair and on the carpet. My wife came down and carted me upstairs, whereupon I went into the bathroom and wet myself. My wife cleared up the mess and put me to bed. She went to sleep in my sons room. I apparently woke up, went in to my sons room and demanded that she get back into our bed. Next morning, when she told me I was very embarrased, annoyed with myself. She told me, with a very determined look on her face that she was giving me four weeks to sort out my drinking, eeither to stop or reduce dramatically or she was going to leave me. That was it for me, I planned what I was going to, have a small gin for a couple of days and the on the Monday 8 days ago gave up and I intend to abstain for 30 days and then see if I can moderate with hypnosis. I am determined to keep my marriage going as I love my wife to bits. I am not saying that you should do this, but that is hat stopped me, a sudden jolt, and I know she means it. I had a bit of a row with my son yesterday, and my wife intervened and said, 'dont spoil things now, I woke up this morning feeling really positive and I am really proud of what you have done so far' That made me feel really good. It is great getting up in the morning and remembering what I did last night. Cuts down on the arguing too. But as the other person said, It has got tobe down to your husband to actually do something about it. Since I have been on this site, about a week, I have been inspired by the comments made by people I have never even heard of., If you can,get your husband to have a look at the site. I can say that I have never been so positive about moderating my drinking as I have now. I know that probably does not help you in any great way at the moment, but you are obviously at the end of your tether now

good luck wit it

kirky

wil be thinking about you

Comment

Any words of encouragement are helpful.....

Forgot to say

Download the book, read it and get hubby to read it. It is insirational and may help

kirky

Comment

Re: Any words of encouragement are helpful.....

Hy Kirky are doing any exercising also? that should help you get to sleep... just wear yourself out!! HA! "Spoken from someone who works 9hrs (waitin tables-runnin full board), after exercising, then stays on these boards till 3 am!!:lol Maybe not!!:rolleyes

Carefull who you listen to here!:lol

Comment

Kirky,

Good for you! Keep at it. You wife clearly loves you and your son loves/needs you. Of course he is a pain in the butt. What with being ten and your drinking. He's scared and acting out. So proud of you taking the bull by the horns and saving your marriage and your kid.

Ned

Comment

Oh, and Kirky in answer to your question about the global acct... I had my Hubby register me ... because I'm a geek on the computer... But I think I just have the local account..?:rolleyes

Comment

Working...
                                X