What can you say/do here, that you wouldn't elsewhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Nicole.... I think your other shoe is in my closet. I'm missing a red one and a white one... by chance you have them?

We can talk about shoes here too.
    If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

For the love of God, can we stay on topic? What is with women and shoes? :H
      where does this go?

Comment

Tawny's post first brought me chills and then made me cry. To say I relate it is a friggin understatement......
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

right. Enough about shoes.

It's my way of avoiding that which I would not share otherwise!

Ok. Here's something I havent shared with anyone. I had an appointment this morning and it took me through sections of my very large city that brought back some painful memories. My husband thought it was a great scenic tour,(he went with me) but I was bottling up tears. I finally cried and he thinks I'm nuts because an area of town can make me cry. But I never say why? So I understand. Its not about the shoes. Unless of course Nicole decides to return them. I hate shoes actually... we should all go barefoot!
          If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Prest4time;135089 wrote: right. Enough about shoes.

It's my way of avoiding that which I would not share otherwise!

Ok. Here's something I havent shared with anyone. I had an appointment this morning and it took me through sections of my very large city that brought back some painful memories. My husband thought it was a great scenic tour,(he went with me) but I was bottling up tears. I finally cried and he thinks I'm nuts because an area of town can make me cry. But I never say why? So I understand. Its not about the shoes. Unless of course Nicole decides to return them. I hate shoes actually... we should all go barefoot!
            pres, I don't know how to respond to that. You sound passionate. But why don't you say whY? Cool if you don't want to share. Why the tears? Hey, let it out here. I just got done posting that I get teary eyes. Ugg. What is that about? Seriously. Hang out it you want to chat.
            where does this go?

Comment

I have been able to say just about anything that is bothering me here. But better than that; from this site I have learned how to actually talk to the people around me. A lot of people around me need to know they have another option. Since I had my depression breakdown (I don?t know what to call it) I realize there are a lot of people I know who are on the same path of destruction. I have told many people about my depression. I told them how to get help, and I even handed out some paperwork from our insurance carrier explaining what to do to get help. I have told many of them about my drinking and the amount I was consuming. Some of them are appalled, but some of them are in the same boat; or are closing in on it. I too have been the solid structure at work and at home. No one knew how bad off I was. I have had enough of being responsible for things I have no authority to change. I have decided I was doing a lousy job of manipulating everything. My vision of what is right and wrong has been warped. I have not done a very good job of straightening it out. I have decided I should no longer try to be in charge. I surrender my perception of being in control. I never was and never will be.

From the freedom I learned here, I (the tough biker/manager/father/entrepreneur) have been able to touch many people who need help. I am thankful to have learned that here and to be able to use it in life. It is amazing how well received the truth is when your heart is in it. They may be talking about me behind my back; I don?t know and don?t really care. I feel I have made a difference. I thank you all at MWO for all you have given me.

God Bless
              Bear
              What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
              ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

hey morrison this is a realy good thread there are so many things i say and do on here that in my world i cant do or say for instance i find it sooo hard to believe that no one has commented or said anything about me not drinking i just said to everyone i am trying to be more healthy, no one has said well done or you are looking better apart from my gp who said i look more relaxed but he doesnt know about my drinking. at home no one knows about the bruises that i hide from falling when drunk or if they do see them i make something up. last night i thought what the hell they dont care so i am going to have a large whisky, but because of all of you i didnt , in fact i feel closer to all of you on here than ido to most people at the moment, so thanks morrison this made me realy think xx

Comment

I can be totally honest about my drinking here and nobody is going to say OMG you did THAT? Everybody here understands.A few years ago I went for counseling. The lady (an ex-drinker) asked me if I drank in front of my kids. I said yes, I mean everyone I know drinks in front of their kids. She gives me this look. Needless to say I didn't last long with her. My dr. asked me the same thing when I was trying to get campral. Of course I lied and said I drank after kids in bed. Oh and by the way. Some T.V. commercials make me cry. Bird

Comment

Morrison-

On Friday I was on a crowded airplane reading a book, but my eyes were tired so I flipped on the movie. No clue what the movie was. Something about two laides (Cameron Diaz and the chick from Titanic) and two guys (Jack Black and Jude Law) who trade houses at Christmas or something. Who knows - it was literally the last scene of the movie and I hadn't seen any of the rest.

I started bawling out of nowhere. I tried to look away but realized that was only calling more attention to myself. Tears are streaming down my face and I'm diving into my bag for anything to wipe my eyes with. Not sure why that happened. Well, actually I'm sure it was something booze-related.

Anyway, not sure what I'll be able to discuss here and not elsewhere - but totally honesty is my goal. Both with you call and with myself too.

Comment

I am kinda an all or nothing girl...you can like me or not....I have not always been that way though. I learned that through life experience. I can say though, I am so much happier since learning to worry less. I STILL worry a lot, but much less than I used to. I am very loyal to those I love and they all know about this site ...even shown it to them. My mom, my best friend, my daughter....thought it would help them too. I was at a point though, I was literally having a nervous breakdown and I guess I was " ALLOWED" to since Billy had died. How sad is that, you can be drunk and freak out, but you have to suffer, suffer, suffer...for it first. Don't just become a drunk, okay? I am SURE I would NOT have had support like I did had Billy not have died. Everyone I know supported me and understood why I was acting crazy. I already drank before he died, it just got out of control afterwards. I don't know if that wouldn't have happened eventually anyway over years. No one can tell. The disease was there I believe it would have to be honest. Over time I had already started drinking more before he died...it just got uncontrolable after his death. I am letting it all out at home and on here...I have nothing to lose and have it all to gain!!!

Comment

Have some one to listen to me, know matter how stupid it may seem, to anyone else!
                        Smiles
                        Mar

Comment

I can pronounce myself queen of quack.

Comment

I curtsey, to the the Queen of all quackers!
                            Smiles
                            Mar

Comment

Morrison, Absoultly great thread! There is a lot here I cant do elsewhere. Mostly I can just share my feelings like no where else. But MOSTLY mostly I have admitted I had a drinking problem and have been able to work on it with out judgement. That in itself has made me be able to really gain some ground and exceed my original goal. (only 24 more days till my offical one year anniversary AF)
                              Gabby :flower:

Comment

Happy, I just love your candor. Put me down for "ditto" the response, but I just can't type it. Does "ditto" count?
                                Meow-Meow
                                MonaKitty

Comment

Working...
                                X