Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can you say/do here, that you wouldn't elsewhere

Ditto counts.

Oh and Morrison, "The Champ" made me bawl like a baby!!
    Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

This is such a good thread.

I find that I feel free to actually write about things that happen to me and how they effect me. Being able to just let out my feelings is wonderful. I do that at times with my wife but I particular concerns about that. Working in the professional world and having loads of responsibility on me at work and at home has definately placed a heavy burden on me at times and just being able to get on here and read some jokes, read how others are doing and sharing how I feel has helped me tremendously.

With my wifes conditions I see some really tough things and have to remain stable at home. I really can't talk to her mother or other family members because they are so far away it would just worry them. This is going to sound really wierd to say but it is my cross to bear. Having you all there when I need a pick me up or to just listen is priceless in my opinion.
      Hablur

Comment

Luv, I have to agree with you. I am much happier since I decided I was not doing a very good job driving my life. I also still worry some, but nothing like I was a month ago. I also had a nervous breakdown and I told everyone about my depression, drinking problem, and this site. I didn't have anyone close to me die, but my friends are dying off more and more every year. I think that is what happens when we get older. I felt like I should tell about my experience so others might benefit from what has happened to me. I would not wish this life I have been living on anyone, especially a friend. Thanks or your post, it was good for me.

:l Bear Hugs
        What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
        ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Morrison, thanks for starting this thread
          What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
          ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

I can come here to admit my alcohol problem, without being made to feel ashamed. Because of all of you, I am not ashamed-I just look forward in hope and desperation to the day I feel alcohol no longer runs my life.

ALCOHOLIC is such an ugly word-society recoils in horror at the mere mention, but here at MWO, we are all alcoholics, yet we are not ugly people-we`re just afflicted by an ugly addiction.

Here, I can open my heart.

Here, I can tell you about all the hurt inside.

Here, I can admit my alcoholism.

HERE, AND ONLY HERE.

Here is where I seek comfort and support, and there is always someone here for me, for you, for all of us. Starlight Impress

Comment

Morrison,
              GREAT thread!! I tear up, and cry at all kinds of music. When children are singing it it is even worse and it does not have to be my children!! Bird, you beat me to the punch - I cry at commercials sometimes - Hallmark are the worst!! Morrison - The Champ, I was absolutely sobbing! Who could resist little Ricky Schroeder!
              Here I can write and honestly admit that I have a drinking problem. . . that I struggle to have an AF day and that I slip. If I say to anyone else "I didn't have a glass of wine last night (much less a bottle), they think - so what?" I come here and find the support and strength to try again after any slip and NEVER give up!! Thank you all!!

Comment

Morrison you absolute poppet (wanna see a photo by the way: get onto that gallery)

this site started the whole sharing process for me. I was superwoman before - coped with everyone else's problems, whilst descending privately into a drink problem. (Notice how this is a common theme for so many people on these boards..?)

I started talking here, and then it spilled into the real world. i am so much better for it.

Kate x

Comment

Oh and by the way, you want to cry, go see Billy Elliot The Musical (if you are within striking distance of London UK).

Saw it last night. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH.........

Comment

Thanks for this thread! What I want to share here that I have not told anyone is that I am so scared--I am afraid that I will never get a handle on my drinking problem and that my professional, "have it all together" exterior will crumble from the inside out. I have tried recovery programs, AA, etc. I am hoping this program works. Thanks for listening.
                    AF Since April 20, 2008
                    4 Years!!!
                    :lilheart:

Comment

I can say Quack instead of hello!

Comment

Quack-Quack to you, The Queen of Quacks.
                        Meow-Meow
                        MonaKitty

Comment

I wash my hands all the time and use tons of anti-bacterial gel. Also before I leave the house I check to make sure the stove is off and the iron is off several times before I leave the house because I am afraid of fires. Just because my dog looks like Lassie I don't think she would be able to get out of the house like Lassie could.

I also use kleenex on the tv remote control in hotel rooms. You don't know what kind of movie the person before you was watching in the room. Sorry, can I say that on here?
                          I make my husband wash his hands before he comes to bed, if you know what I mean.
                          Well, at least I'm not as bad as Howie Mandell and I will shake peoples hands. I just sneak out the anti-bacterial gel.

Comment

I find that I can do 2 very important things here:

1 - I can relate and share with others dealing with an overdrinker. To confide in my friends and family would betray my husband's confidence. We all know how they look at you differently after you tell them. It is a great feeling of freedom to get to know all of you with the whole drinking issue already on the table. No hiding, explaining, justifying.

2 - After dealing with this for 10yrs and having a lot of emotions about it, I can get some of it out in a safe place without specifically making it about Determinator. It becomes less about his actions and more about my reactions, which is all I can really control.

Thank you all of you at MWO for allowing me to partake.
                            Dx
                            * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

Your post moved me Morrison -- just the description of music and art made my heart move
                              Padme

AF 21, March 2010

"First say to yourself what 
you would be; and then do 
what you have to do."
-Epictetus

Comment

I'll tell you what I can do here that I can't do at home anymore. I can tell my stupid jokes. Because when I tell them at home my sons just look at me, roll their eyes and say I'm lame. At least I can't see your eyes rolling on my computer.

What I'm really trying to say is I can just be myself and not worry about anyone putting me down for it. That's why I love you guys.
                                Thanks Morrison - great thread.
                                Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Working...
                                X