Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patience, I hope you check back here because if you do, you will find "patience" and acceptance. We are all in this together and like ABC said we've all been where you are. AL will steal all you let it take. Staying close to those fighting the battle with AL will help you with your battle. Together we can beat AL!

Today is a travel day! Hoping to get to Lake Mead and set up before the game. Go Hawks!
    Last edited by Ginger999; February 1, 2015, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Off to Erin's to watch the Super Bowl at Erin and dans. Preparing food there as My kitchen is under construction. Hubby is currently taking a nap. Go patriots!

Comment

Enjoy the game everyone - I am not a football fan really, so volunteered to work so coworker could have some fun.

BG

Comment

That's some good karma for you BeachGirly! Well I have to say it's going to be a good game, either Lizann or Ginger is going to be a happy camper later this evening.

Patience, hopefully you will stick around and see the positive glow on this thread, and when we are feeling down, we help one another feel better. Wishing you well.

Have a nice AF night everyone!

Comment

Patience come and join the gang. You won't regret it.

Evening everyone. Another quick check in. Busy day- again abated to drink but started cleaning kitchen cooker and cabinets. After kids to bed I was actually too tired to drink and thought what's the point I can't drink now it's too late- thinking I won't actually get the buzz. I kept reminding myself of what I've achieved, not being drunk or hungover for the kids and may constant worry over my health. It's hard this weekend. Hoping tomorrow is an easier day.

Enjoy American Football peeps

Night x

Comment

Keep reminding yourself what you've achieved Minstar. Proud of you!

Comment

Thanks Open Halo. I'm trying to stay strong during my witching hour. Taking one day at a time. Not focusing on goals, just trying to be present and aware.
                How are things with you? Just got baby down after feed. And wide awake:-/

Comment

To those struggling my heart goes out to you. You are all better than I as I tend to not allow myself to struggle. I am or was so fickle that as soon as I felt low or in need, I gave up my abstinence on a dime. hence the reason I started this thread. So far it`s been easy as it usually is at the beginning. My hat goes off to you for going through the struggles and coming back here, mostly abstaining and carrying on. It`s tougher than anyone not addicted can imagine.

I dread any strong cravings as i just don`t trust myself. So far so good; hope this is it. We have tools and weapons now, don`t we.. with all our accessible information and methods of coping.

Ginger, glad for your Mother to get a rest from the troublesome husband. I hope her stay improved her health and her spirit. It`s so demoralizing to be with an active alcoholic, let alone being one.

Sunday night and we`re relaxing after a booze free weekend.

Love to all...
                  "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                  Lao-Tzu

Comment

Morning all. Another check in!

SS I'm trying to keep track of triggers and recognise what they are so I'm aware. Yesterday I out kids to bed cleaned kitchen And had a showe and still thinking of a drink. Then realised it was hunger.
                    Made a sandwich with hubby. He had a beer and I thought 'oh wine' then said to myself. 'Nope not with a sandwich and once a bottle open it won't be enough!'

Don't knew where this is coming from but I hope this strength stays. As you said I give up on my quit easily and then hate myself for doing so.

Stay strong.

Comment

Didn't go into to work today. Ann asked me last week to come in on Monday because it's busy. The weather is bad and I'm hoping patients cancelled. I feel bad but it's ten miles and I'd like to avoid it if I can. I'll go food shopping in bit. Cuddling with Lucy right now.

Comment

Good for you Minstar! The strength comes from within but the power to achieve that strength comes from staying close to mwo and the people here that can help you maintain it. Come back even when it's the LAST thing you want to do and it WILL pay off. I know this is true because Wednesday will be 9 months for me and until I started coming here I'd quit so many times I can't count them all. People count on me now and I will not let them down because I DON'T DRINK!

It was an exciting game last night! Hubby is a little punky but he'll get over it. Congratulations Patriots!

Everyone have a great AF day!

Comment

Hey Ginger - I was thinking of you during the game - I bet that was fun for you.
                          Early congrats on the 9 months - Wowsa - that is sure something to be proud of.

My last evening shift in this set... I can do it. I do get tired during these, and everything at home seems to fall apart on this week. My son has a big test tomorrow and we have not had proper study time together. It is not easy quizing him over the phone during my dinner break.

Happy Days to all my friends - have a good one.

Comment

Cuddles sounds good Lizann. I've got baby boy cuddles this side as I put him to bed :-)

Comment

Wow what a super bowl, very exciting right down to the last play. Ginger. hope your husband is going to be okay with the Seahawks loss, it was a very close game.
                              This is such a supportive thread, wishing everyone a great AF week. Still feeling crappy, but hoping for this cold and horrible cough to just disappear..

Comment

Oh, when we had that bug in late December my cough lasted a month still not 100%. It's a doozy! Hope you are better soon.

Off to dinner with friends! Hope I can find something vegan on the menu!

Check back later!

Comment

Working...
                                X