Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys! What a day at work I had! Came home and highlighted the girls and my hair. I am so ready for bed. It was fun to have all the kids home for dinner tonight! Love to watch them having fun together!
    Thanks for that great post cowboy! I'm so happy it's April!
    I'll be around in the morning I'm sure as I am not working! Good night guys and sweet dreams!

Comment

Howdy friends! The ground is covered in snow this morning, oh well... Tuesday it was +20C (70F) and in the evening we had a crazy lightning storm with very high winds. Yesterday it got to 0C (32F) and last night we had a spring blizzard come through and this morning it is -6C (28F)! Spring weather up here is like a yoyo lol

Liz, my hair gets highlighted everyday, a little more grey appears lol! I'm only going to work this morning, taking the afternoon off the extend the Easter Weekend, so I should be online all afternoon.

No April Fool's jokes played on me, and didn't hear of any either. I usually play one on the kids, but they know their dad too well now, so it takes the fun out of it lol How many of you guys get a 4 day weekend? I'm just taking a 3 day weekend, going to work on Monday to set fixtures in a bathroom that I renovated for a customer, 4 days of sitting around is far too much for me. Alone time...hmmmm...can be good or bad. Bubba and I have a lot of alone time, just the 2 of us, and Hank of course. I look at alone time as earned time, I earned it after all those years of raising 4 kids! But now, my alone time is filled with talking to my friends on MWO instead of drinking! It's the best kind of alone time!

As we head into Easter weekend, let's all remember what it's really all about, this year will be very special for me because of what God has done for me. It is truly amazing how faith can heal if you believe. On the lighter side, stay out of all the chocolate you ladies!! I guess us guys should as well lol. And no drinkin' eh!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning guys. Happy Thursday. Supposed to be sunny and warm here today so I am hoping to get out for a walk later. Erin is coming by in a bit and she will help me refinish some furniture. It's finally warm enough to do it outside. I'll check back later.

Comment

Hello friends, that prank hubs pulled was a few years ago, made it through yesterday unscathed thank goodness, Liz,good job on the hair enjoy your days off Cowboy, as far as alone time goes,sometimes I love it, other times I get kinda down, yesterday I didn't have Louie and even though it was quiet and no responsibility, I felt sort of lonely and useless just going through a down mood week, not sure why,but it blows! I'll probably be checking in a lot,I know how my mood can send me into a F-it state of mind, I DON'T want that,let's have a great Thursday and if it's not,let's fake it till it is
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Ahh cowboy, cross post. No four day weekend for me. I have to work on Friday! Sad that Good Friday is not a holiday. I do remember what it's all about!
            I was going to mention that alone time too. At this point in my life, I am savoring every moment that we are not alone yet. That will come all too soon for me. Have a good one

Comment

Hi everybody! Hope you all survived April Fool's Day. Never came up once for me and I'm glad for that! Nothing much to report. Still AF and thankful for that. I just realized that I'll have my one year anniversary May 4. Wow, how did that happen so fast? Seems like I just started talking to all of you. This past year has given me so much and I'm so thankful for each of you for being part of it.

Pauly, I slept straight through til 5a this morning! I can't saw when that happened last! Hope your sleep is improving.

Hope you all have a great AF day!!

Comment

Hi All. Ginger, I thought I had made through the fool day -unscathed. However, last night my youngest nailed me. Called and said he had just had a fender-bender on his way to my house -said he rear ended someone else's car. He kept me hanging as I went through my standard lists of Qs -you ok, bla..bla. And then he started laughing. Payback. Yes, Payback. LOL.

Comment

Spirit, I was gonna use that as a prank yesterday but figured with my karma it would probably really happen haha,Ginger, I thought you always sleep good already?these allergies are killing me,grrrr, it's not only me so many of my customers and family are suffering too nothing works either, just feel tired, stuffy,just gross, stupid dusty pollen everywhere, I'm sorry I'm complaining just bugging me

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly, my sleep is better than it used to be when I drank but I still wake up every night between 3 and 4. Getting back to sleep after the "wake up call" can be a real challenge. Last night I slept long enought that I just got up. I love that and it rarely happens. Stupid old bladder!

Spirit, That sounds like a prank my boys would have played on me when they were still at home. Good times

Had a great afternoon working in the yard after I spent the morning with Mom. Now I'm exhausted but it feels great to have the mulch down in the front beds. Back to Mom's to tuck her in for the night. Hope everyone has wonderful AF Easter plans!

Comment

Hey ginger, sounds like a productive day.
                      Pauly, my hubby is suffering terribly as well. He gets so bad sometimes he has to use an inhaler. You're right, nothing really seems to help.
                      We moved mountains here today, exercised, painted some furniture, made dinner, and then some shopping. A little wound up, hope I can sleep as tomorrow is my early day. Took our son shopping for his upcoming internship in Switzerland. It's all good though.

Comment

Pauly and ginger, one of the things I liked about drinking was that I slept so well! It now takes me a little longer to fall asleep, but for the most part stay asleep. That is if Lucy isn't too disruptive. Pauly, hang in there, the sleeping will get better.

Comment

I've never been a good sleeper anyways, probably from having 4 kids all under 6 by the time I turned 24,messed up my sleep pattern for good haha, that's why hubs and I even started stupid drinking, figured a couple of beers was healthier than Nyquil or benadryl we always took, yeah right that turned out well Liz,the doctor prescribed me an inhaler at my last appointment, but I've never used it,Ginger, that's my problem exactly, get up to go pee and can't get back to sleep, I've tried cutting back on liquid in the evening but it seems my body stores it until 2 am haha,I'm taking an early night, love to all, see you tomorrow

Comment

Happy Easter weekend everyone, eating chocolate and leaving AL where it belongs , in the dust! Ah the good ol sleep discussion, I struggle with it constantly, have to take neo citrin way more than I like to , or I just can't fall asleep. Getting up to pee isn't affecting me yet, but if it does, I may never sleep again! I just think that my body will need time to adjust after abusing AL for so many years, I never had problems sleeping until I stopped drinking. If this is the difficulty I have to cope with, so be it, god knows the problems drinking caused me were WAY worse.
                            Sending best easter wishes to all :hug:

Comment

Hi OH, have you ever tried Melatonin? It works well for people that can't get to sleep. Doesn't work so well for me though. I fall asleep in under 2 minutes so it doesn't do a thing for me. If you haven't tried it, you might. Not sure where you live but Costco carries it now and it's only $11.99.

Taking Mom to her house while we measure door ways and stuff to see if her wheelchair can fit. I'm sure it won't but she's insistant that we try. It will be a good outing for her in any case.

Dang, Pauly, you just can't catch a break with the allergies! I never realized that Vegas was so bad for allergies. Hope you feel better soon.

Happy AF Easter weekend everyone!!

Comment

Happy af Easter weekend to all I'm excited for it, I no you don't eat meat Ginger, but I'm gonna make a ham,Mac and cheese, cheesy mashed potatoes, corn on the cob,rolls,woo-hoo! Plus little Louie is at a fun age for Easter, I don't think we'll die eggs though, nobody eats them so they go to waste but it is a fun activity,however he's still kinda little and I don't think he'll really understand, plus he'll make a mess,slept pretty good last night, feel groggy but that could be cuz I'm stuffy and hungry, off to find something, hope everyone has a nice Friday

Comment

Working...
                                X