Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks going. Like most software you have to poke around.

Pauly my acupuncturist gave me schizandra dreams. Works like a dream when I remember to take it an hour before bed.
    “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
    Newbies Nest Roll Call
    Toolbox
    Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Mean thanks ging. Autocorrect. [Sighs]
      “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
      Newbies Nest Roll Call
      Toolbox
      Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Went to a bar on the river and hubs had a beer. I got them to make me a concoction with cranberry juice, tonic water and the server put in a lemon and lime wedge; doll that she was.

Great Paulywogg for not touching that beer. Getting stronger by the day.

Moss Rose I finally caught up with the Conscious Living thread; great intentions back then. LOL... got to go back and pick up where I left off. I wrote a blog post tonight about the Morning Ritual. Thanks for the idea.

To everyone else I hope your ears are better, you're sleeping like a baby, staying off the sauce and staying out of trouble.

Goodnight.
        "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
        Lao-Tzu

Comment

Don..welcome! SS you are doing great so do think of a way to celebrate your accomplishment..maybe a massage etc..I don't do things like that for myself as I never think I deserve it...part of that danged alcoholic thinking! Found an app recommended by another blogger called: I'm Done Drinking...99 cents on itunes. Kinda cool as it tells you how many days, calories and money you've saved since your quit day. It's a good reality check. There you go SS maybe that's your gift to yourself! To all I listened to the ego episode of bubble hour yesterday while exercising...wow it was amazing...I never thought some of the bs I say to myself was from my ego but I now know it is! SS reading your blog this morning and thinking myself that blogging is a great way to pour it all out..maybe I will do one myself. Got a big weekend coming up and will be with kids so there won't be temptations or opportunities to drink..hope we all can stay on track and write it out when we start to feel weak. Have a great day all!

Comment

Hey Uncorked, I just spent $60 on a couple of books; one recommended here on MWO called Natural Rest for Addiction by Scott Kiloby. He writes that we are addicted to, not only alcohol, but to self-talk, self-criticism and the key to being happy is to quiet the ego and to live in the present moment. We've all heard it before but for me who is always making lists of self-improvement projects, it really hits home.

This is my reward for surpassing my 30 day mark.

I love the Bubble Hour!!
            Lao-Tzu

Comment

Chief, well done on day 2. I remember you from way back......
              Sobersoul, you are kicking ass! So happy for you!
              IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
              Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Great job, SS! I hope you know how much you have inspired me to stay AF. Between your posts here and your blog, I feel so much more compelled to stay with it this time. Hubs asked me last night if his drinking a beer bothered me and if it did he wouldn't have one. How sweet is that?? That's why I love him! I told him no it doesn't (maybe it does a little) but I think it's important to be tested like this. Alcohol will always be out there and I'll always be around it in some form or other. I need to learn to live with alcohol triggers without having to consume it.

Anyway.... Love you guys!! Today is my 17th day AF.

Comment

How ya doing Daisy Mae?? Hope you are plugging along.

Ginger, there has been a half bottle of merlot sitting on my kitchen table since last Friday and hubby is not drinking it for some reason. I just give it a dirty look every time I pass it. I think it's healthy for us to face it whether it be in society, in our home because it's everywhere. There's not getting away from it. Like you said.
                  Lao-Tzu

Comment

I am doing really well - haven't looked back! I feel determined that this is how I want to live - really felt I had to make a decision; go on down tbat road to nowhere or get a grip......so, on good advice I am sticking to this site like a limpet!

Comment

Sorry was MIA.. Works been killer.. I work out of my house full time and as confident i am each morning, the cravings win every day. I have a school pta this evening, must beat 3pm cravings.. loading up on healthy foods today! Thanks for your caring thoughts ! you are all doing so well.. I think me being alone all day every day in the house makes it difficult

Comment

Daisy, that is so great you have been sober since May 13! almost 10 days, i know i have to start today, day 1 ...

Comment

Whitemarshmum, I have to say when I had my day 1 this time, I was not prepared and it was gonna be 'tomorrow' again.....But, I came here and got such great support and people genuinely taking time out to help me start, that, quite frankly, it would have been rude not to.......so here I am, 9 days later and happy as a pig in shit!
                          Beats how I felt in the early hours of May 13th!
                          Hope you make today yours!

Comment

daisy45;1663407 wrote: so here I am, 9 days later and happy as a pig in shit!
                            Now that's pretty darn happy!

Sometimes Day 1's can be the most random days...where we weren't even really planning on it...just go with it...it could very well be the one that sticks!
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Whitemarsh mom, Welcome back! Working remotely can be so isolating. Is there no option to go in to an office with your work? If not, just makes us your work buddies and check in anytime! We are here for each other. Take care.....

Comment

day 3 is done....had a couple rough spots but just told myself I never want another day 1,2 &3.....I'm going to go to the gym tomorrow and then work outside all day in the yard. I'm looking forward to day 4.....

Night all, it's time to hit my nest.

Don

Comment

Working...
                                X