Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beachygirl so sorry to hear this. Sending my deepest condolences on your loss. Will keep your family in my prayers. Yes life is hard. We got news that a dear friend passed away yesterday of cancer. She was only 56! So very sad. I do not understand either.

Cowboy, thanks for the pictures. It looks so peaceful and serene. No rush hour traffic eh?
    I actually chuckled because it looks like we have way more snow than you! Also heard on the news that it's snowing by Pauly in Vegas! Darn polar vortex!

My twin called tonight. It was a relatively quick normal call with no mention of AL. Relieved that I am done for the night. Hubby and puppy are asleep in the recliner. Going to enjoy some Monday night tv.
    No drinking today!
    Sweet dreams!

Comment

BeachGirly

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hi all,
        Hope everyone is well tonight. Long day with Mom. Seems now she's torn her rotator cuff so that will set back PT. Poor old girl just can't catch a break. She's getting very discouraged. I'm headed to bed. I'm beat....

Hold down the fort for me!

Comment

Thank you guys for the thoughts and prayers.

Thx Cowboy - that is beautiful!!

Ginger - oh poor Mom. No wonder she is getting discouraged, and you tired. Hang in there.

Comment

Interesting - I just read your signature Cowboy and that quote suits my DIL exactly.

Comment

Such tragic news Beachy,she was too young glad you're coping without al,that takes strength, hello to all
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello friends, that is a beautiful card Cowboy, I forgot to mention it this morning, you are so thoughtful was thinking of my friend Dottie on the steppers thread all day,to have your husband go in for hernia surgery and die so suddenly, I don't know how I'd cope, she said it took all her power not to buy wine,that's a lot of strength, same as you Beachy,tbh,I think I'd need a bottle of whiskey and I don't even drink hard liquor, just got me thinking about my family and if something happened how would I cope?certainly drinking would not help,but how do people get through these things without losing it?just thinking out loud

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thinking of you beachG.

A quick hello. Didn't sleep well last night so off to bed.

Stay strong people x

Comment

Thinking of you beachy girl, I am so sorry for your loss, she was so young...grief is so difficult to cope with, sending you lots of love :heartbeat:

Hope everyone is doing well, this thread is such a supportive and caring place to be...
                    Last edited by open halo; February 24, 2015, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Tired today as well Min. Long day at work and such heart wrenching news from several different angles. So sad today, but I didn't drink, didn't even crave it.

Comment

Almost back., it's been a long time since I was here last.
                        Sunday will mark day 1 again.
                        Have a big event on Saturday and know that to start before that would be a waste.
                        Although today has been AF and I expect tomorrow will be too.
                        Happy to be back

Comment

Howdy everyone! Not much to add today, staying on top of my quit though! Hope everyone else is doing the same! Ginger, the Reserved sign will always be on your seat here, but I might have to go out and invest in a seat warmer for you lol

Welcome back Jacq! Stick close and we will all help you to make this your last quit! And not trying to preach or anything, but why can't today be your new Day 1? We always seam to find a reason/excuse to keep postponing it. There will always be reasons/excuses for wanting to drink, a couple of those reasons are evident across the forums right now will death in the family, but we all need to be vigilant! It's great to see you here and it seems like you have a plan that will work for you, so we will all support you however we can!

Have a great day my friends!
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hello friends, hi Jacqrabbit,interesting name, my grandma used to cook jackrabbits that my cousins used to trap,gross,gamey,stringy meat haha,I kinda understand why you want to quit after your Saturday plans,back when I first started my quitting career I would wait until after I knew nothing was coming up,cuz sometimes I'd quit have a few days in but then drink at the event/holiday whatever, and feel like a failure please stick around here, it's great for support how are you feeling Beachy? Ok I hope, hello to all, let's have a good Wednesday

Comment

Hi All, I posted last night but don't see it this morning. I guess I forgot to hit post. LOL Can't imagine where my brain was last night. More of the same here today with Mom.

Just like everything else I've faced during this, my LAST quit, I'm learning to deal with each situation as it comes along with a greatful heart. If we wait for the perfect time to quit, it will never come. We need to commit to the day and power through. If you come here regularly and read, post, read, it can happen. There is NOTHING easy about quiting. It takes long, hard, deligent work but it is so worth the effort. I look back at the last (almost) 10 months and I can say now each of the hard things that happened were made easier by my sober state. I promise you, if you are willing to do the hard work it will happen for you too.

Hope everyone has a great AF day. Love you all for being here, for your support and for your determination
                              Last edited by Ginger999; February 25, 2015, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Good morning all.
                                Thank you for your support.
                                I know that there will never be a perfect time for day 1. But I do remember how hard the early days are and need to pick my battles.
                                Saturday is a big family event.
                                And I come from a family of big drinkers.
                                Happy to be back

Comment

Working...
                                X