Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I forgot to say thanks for all the early/late birthday wishes lol. You guys are the bestest!!

Now, what's all this talk of giving up on the quit?? Time for me to preach again eh!

I'm no different from the rest of the group, how many quits will it take? I just can't do it! Nobody cares anymore! I don't care anymore! Just leave me alone already! Does that sound familiar? That's where my head was not long ago. The only thing that will change that way of thinking is your firm determination. Nobody can do it for you! And as for belonging to the quitters, once a quitter, always a quitter! Nobody will be turned away from the support this thread offers! I don't care how many times you have to get back up, you'll always be welcomed back with open arms and hearts. You just might get a lecture from this cranky old cowboy, but it will always be sincere and meant to support, not belittle.

Now you're saying "it's easy for cowboy to say, he doesn't have the same problems as me or under the same pressure as me" Well guess what, I have, I do, and I will! The only thing is now I don't use them as my excuses to drink, I use them to build my character and firm up my determination to make this my last quit!

Ask yourself, how many quits do you have left in you? Each one gets harder and harder, and soon you just don't care anymore. You don't care what anyone thinks of you. You lose all self-worth, give up on life and living. All you care about is the next drink, telling yourself that you won't get wasted, but you do anyway! You know where this road will lead? To an early headstone is where, I know, I've almost been there. Don't make the same mistake I made. Stick with the quitters, it's a much better place to be! And if you still think you can't do it, I'll give you my phone number and you can call me collect when the going seems to tough, yes, I care that much for all of you!

Enough of my sermon, I think you all get the picture lol Signing off now from the seat of my John Deere 9630T
    Last edited by abcowboy; May 11, 2015, 05:03 PM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Evening all. A quick hello and come running back with tail between my legs. I'm back on D1.

Had a few gin and tonics over the weekend. I still feel strongly on quitting today and have not had the urge to drink. I don't know what came over me or why- just fancied a few drinks with the family in the sun. :sad:I will not quit on quitting!

Still doing my Jillian michaels though and have lost 4lb since my detox and quit :-)

Hope everyone is ok. Sorry I'm fell. I have no reason to help explain :-/

Comment

Minstar being honest and true with yourself is half the battle, like cowboy said we are always here to help, really proud of your fitness success. Keep posting and reading whenever you feel the urge, I know during my slip I wasn't here as often and I think that contributed to my fall.

Nice posted quote Beachygirl, that is how I am trying to view each and every day.

Hope everyone is doing great, some wonderful support from others stopping by, thanks so much and your right this is a hidden gem of a thread on the MWO.

Big Monday Hugs!:hug: And birthday or not WE :love: you Cowboy!!!!

Comment

Min Star, you are so wise for coming here after a couple of drinks. I wish I had had the wisdom to do that each time I fumbled and stumbled. A couple of days in and I know that if I ever do take that next drink, it`ll just be another part of the never-ending cycle of drink-stop-drink-stop. I would love to make this our final quit. My last drink was last Thursday.

One thing that really helps keep me grounded and has opened my eyes to a lot of the sub-conscious nasty chatter that prompts me to grab for a drink is my morning meetings and meditation with my neighbor and friend who lives across the street in the new neighborhood where we built our house last summer. Ever since January 1st we`ve been meeting either at her place or mine at six a.m. sharp (even on weekends) and talking, reading out loud from a `Book of Awakening` and sitting in silence for ten minutes. We sometimes do a walking meditation along the river near our homes and it`s made the world of difference in my state of consciousness. Let`s hope I can harness this new found presence and finally become aware and awake enough to follow through on my sobriety plan.

Yesterday during our mediation in the woods, we heard some rustling in the bush behind us which was quite distracting. This morning we found out that a bear was sighted in the area... yikes.
          "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
          Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hello all - thanks Cowboy - that is what has been going thru my head.....I need to 'quit' quitting my fight. I need to stick with it. I know it's not going to be easy but for right now - sticking with my QUIT is what is in the forefront. I agree with SS about the never-ending cycle of drink-stop-drink-stop.

Min Star - great that you are back at it. That is the hardest thing for me. Once I start, getting to the next stop is not easy. So, I need to STOP before I start. Glad that you are still focused. :hug:

The meditation sounds great SS. Watch out for BEARS though. :exclaim:
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Wow. What great posts tonight. As you may know, I can SO relate to start stop start start stop, etc, etc. Arrrg!! Someday, I am going to get it right.

I am not going to apologize for lighting the candles for Cowboy! Birthday or not, we luv ya, thanks for keeping us going. Happy seeding, stay safe, and STAY HERE!!

You guys are the best - AG

Comment

Wow - SS - your friendship and morning meditation sounds wonderful. How cool is that, that you found a friend to share that with you. That is very special.

Funny about Cowboys birthday - hehe - but he sure enjoyed the attention Hang in there Cowboy – long days for you

Glad to have some "new" friends here. You help us as much as we are hopefully helping you. We need reminders and confirmation of why we are doing this and with the team support, and all of us at different stages - it is very nice to belong.

I found in the beginning - I had to just decide I was done. There was no "maybe for 30 days" or "when". I certainly tried to quit many times, but this time I just decided - and it was the most incredible weight off my shoulders. I can’t even explain it. There was no inner fight for it. I am not saying it was or is easy all the time. I have had situations where I was not sure how to deal with it, and came here for support and ideas. I did not go out to eat for several months as that was a trigger for me - and I could not go to a winery like Ginger did - not yet. I have found by getting this monkey off my back, I have now been able to focus on my health, weight, mental status. It took a bit but now I feel happier then I have in years. I bounce out of bed in the morning - loving the day. This is after a year of anxiety, pills, blood pressure meds, ( i had a lot happen with sick parents, deaths, cancer in my hubby)

I am happy to say - no more pills. NO anxiety - blood pressure is great. Crap still happens, and it will, but I am not hiding from it with AL now.

I hope that my enthusiasm for life without AL can help someone get there also. It really does get better. I am at 151 days, so still early in this journey. Not a chance of turning back.

Nora – love your picture. I am totally into retro and midcentury furniture, and your picture reminds me of that.
                Min – hugs – glad you have made a quick comeback. Get out and walk – get it all out of your system.
                OH – I imagine you are starting to feel strong again. Keep it up.
                Pauly – How are you chickie – did Louie spoil you for grandmother day?
                Liz – you are sounding fantastic. I am glad the sisters have settled a bit and you can start to really live this new life.
                Action – love your name – you inspire me to get out there and move it! Thanks for the links – I am going to have some time later to listen.
                Mama – glad to see you over here. Stay for a bit.
                Jane – is that your doggie in your profile pic? So cute.
                To my health – Glad you stopped in – how many steps today. I only got 6000 so I need to step it up tomorrow (pun intended)
                Mr V – you get your steps in today?
                Chief – quack quack – send pictures of those little duckies. They sound so cute.

Hey – cute animal story. When I work the early shift at the hospital I often see a squirrel cross the road at the same spot every day. Best part is – it is at a crosswalk. First time I laughed and thought what a coincidence, but I have seen him several times since. Makes my day when I see him.

Comment

Morning all. Thanks for all the positive comments.

I agree a meditation partner is wonderful. I am terrible at stilling the endless chatter in my mind.

I did a quick Yoga Nidra yesterday and couldn't focus. I guess like things I have to keep trying.
                  Everyone doing steps! That's fantastic. I have a monitor on my phone but this doesn't record all steps like when it's in my baby bag etc. I need to get on this 10,000 gang

Omg Cowboy- Im sorry for starting the birthday rumour. But I agree- any reason to celebrate you and you being here is a cool one.

We have baby Rhyme time and then of to see Queens horse guards practice. Then school run. I hope to get my workouts in too. Considering a 30 minute one after the Shred. Anyone want to join in. Please do- maybe I should start a thread for it people do.

Right better crack on. Thanks again all for being so supportive. I think it's been key to me coming back here rather than hiding lurking and drinking.

Stay strong - I will check in in the evening x

Comment

Hi BG, No, not my dog...just one of many that catch my eye each day. Dogless for the 1st time since 1994, and I miss having them.

Minstar, so happy to see you. :love: I remember you well from 2012.

Wishing everyone a peaceful MAE. xo:
                    AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Morning my quittin' friends! I even remembered to pack an outfit to the farm! A bit chilly in the camper dressed in this though!

BeachGirly on your 5 month milestone!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

BG, great job on 5 months. When I met you, I could tell your commitment was real and you are proving it everyday! So happy we've met here and on FB.

Hello everyone! I'm so glad to see this thread so busy. We all need this to keep straight with our quits. Glad you could all join us and thanks again to SS for starting this thread!

Busy transport day for me. Hubby to PT, son to airport, Mom to PT. Sure hope I can get my walk in with Ginger. Her training with the collar is coming along nicely and I don't want to miss a day. We have a trip planned this Thursday. I'm thinking about cancelling. The weater has turned raining (good thing around here) and with hubs down with his shoulder, I'm not sure how much fun it will be for either of us. Hmmmm have to decide today.

Well off I go to start my dial-a-ride day!! Love you guys.

Comment

Hey Ginger, I guess when I was away sulking I missed your `dial-a-day` explanation. I imagine it means you are going to call your MOM but if not, what is it..

Lots of enthusiasm on this thread and while I was gone Beach Girly went from being a relapser to a mentor!! Yay... what a wonderful cycle of life!! Five months is an amazing feat to say the least. I`m on 5 days and feel like I`ve moved mountains. :-)

I am off to my meditation friend for a swim in her 60 foot INDOOR POOL!!! How spoiled am I that my friend happens to want my company in her lovely windowed pool. It`s paradise. After that I am getting all my hair chopped off. I`ve let it go grey and to my delight it`s turned a lovely shade of white that is not ugly at all. I actually like my hair more now than I`ve ever liked it in my life. So a cute pixie cut is in order.

The office is organized for the first time in months. Feeling great and a lot of that feeling comes from here. You guys are such amazing friends to each other and, now, again to me. I felt your arms embrace me when I returned with no judgement. I feel emotional just typing these words.

Namaste
                          "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                          Lao-Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by mama bear View Post
                            This is a great thread! I wanted lend my support to Pauly and Nora and I love all the enthusiasm here!
                            What Mama said! You guys are awesome!

Comment

Congratulations on 5 months BeachyGirl! :horn:

Comment

Wow - nice surprise to all the well wishes this morning. I had not even really realized it was 5 months. haha.
                                Thank you all so much for the kind words and congrats.

SS - you are sounding great. I would love to see your pixie cut once you do it. I can feel your energy - you have it !!

Min - the Queens horses? Super cool.

Ginger - hang in there with your shuttle service

Cowboy - better put some knickers on before you get on the tractor. Thank you for the cute post - made me LOL (as the teens say).

Have a wonderful day to all.

Comment

Working...
                                X