Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all - thanks for the support. I took an antabuse so drinking is off the table. I haven't been taking them everyday because I've been getting headaches but decided I better today.

SS - I'm going to send you a PM. Would love to connect with you. I read your blog and just love it.

Ok - lunch is over so back to work for me. Again, thanks for the support. :heartbeat:
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Ditto that, Nora. Message me. I'd love to be FB friends! SS, you better not wait that long. I miss you, girl!

Comment

Am Failing. G and t whilst sorting dinner :-/ back to D1 tomorrow

Comment

Aww shoot, Min. I can't recall if hubby is supportive or not. If so, can you toss that gin? In the beginning of my quit hubby abstained too just to support my efforts. I know not everyone is that lucky but if your's is, toss that stuff. It's too tempting having it in the house. You have a lot on your plate with the wee ones. I know how nice it is to relax with a drink after a long day of keeping up with kiddos (I have three boys - all grown men now) but I also remember feeling terrible the next day trying to keep up with them. If I only knew then what I know now! You have the chance to turn things around now while you are still young. You can do this! Make a plan for next time.

Comment

Min,you can do this, you and I are much happier people without drinking!look at my before and after drinking posts, not a happy camper I don't think anyone drank as much as I did,both in my daily drinking days and the relapse that I recently had, the first day,I started drinking and just got tired,but what does an alkie do? I drank more and the tiredness lifted and I sat up listening to music, for goodness sakes Taylor Swift, bleh! The next day I didn't really want to drink but figured it was my day off,why not?started in the morning and ended up crying to Kell about hating my job, and b.s,that night I threw up, a lot!!the next day I felt like Shit so what do alkies do? I drank to get rid of it,went grocery shopping buzzed, etc,again threw up,next day, repeat(minus the shopping) layed around feeling sorry for myself, not being able to drink enough to get a happy buzz,started feeling hot and prickly, JUST WANTED TO STOP!,took the next day off and sweat it out,painfully headachey,drank water unbelievabley quick and grateful that it stayed down, kept a protein shake down,I only posted this as a reminder to myself and to let anybody reading this think"jeez, I'm not THAT bad" well neither was I at first,10 years ago when I started 2 beers was enough once in a while, then it wasn't, it progressed,this Shit does,and once you stop and go back, it's NOT to 2 beers, it's to where you left off, I'm lucky to be here now,sober, I'm back to the drawing board to sort this out
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

guys read back a bit. Min hang in there!
              Pauly thanks for your post. Sorry about being sick. But yes I think we need to remember what drinking does to us.
              So tired today!!! I'm off the next few days. Erin came by and it was wonderful to have the whole family together for a bit. We always have a good time together.
              Will post more tomorrow after a god nights sleep!

Comment

AL is so not worth it, thanks for the reminder Pauly. Min you can do this, come here and post before the drink is poured, and I agree with Ginger, not having AL in the house would be a good start. I don't have any in my house and it helps, trying to make sure I keep my socializing out of bars right now as well, I was doing great but am staying away after my last slip.

Nice pics cowboy, have never been to the prairies but love the show Corner Gas, have to head over to your neck of the woods one day.

Nora, Beachygirl, Sober Soul, Ginger, Minstar, action girl, cowboy, lizann, pauly, chief wishing you all the best, here's to an AF long weekend (not sure if everyone has Monday off, but some of us Canadians do!)

Comment

Hi everyone! Interesting reads today, and when you sit in a tractor all day by yourself it gives time to consider and ponder...and I came up with this idea, next time the urge to drink hits you, first get on here and talk to someone, anyone! And also ask yourself, am I a good person?

When I'm sober I can be a very good person, when I was drunk I'd have to convince myself I was a good person.

When I was drinking I would spend hour after hour telling myself that I wasn't so bad, that my misery was really everybody else's doing. I would try to defend my drinking telling myself that life, my family, and work were unfair and that I really was doing all that I could but everything was just too much to handle. I would try to convince myself and everyone else that I was a good person.

Now that I'm sober, I am able to do the next right thing. I am able to be the kind of good person I want, be kind to others, live decently. I don't have to defend my ego. I don't have to convince myself I am good because I am able to do good things.

If you are considering picking up that first drink, ask yourself if you want to go back to being the person who was always SAYING he was right and good or do you want to remain being the person who is able to DO what is right and good.

Have a great evening everyone! Tomorrow is Friday, leading us into a long weekend, time to be even stronger, no time to quit on your quit!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great post as always, ABC! Thanks

Comment

Pauly - that was a great post you made. Really struck a chord with me. I needed to hear that. Thanks friend. :hug:

And, of course, Cowboy - you are right on as always.

Back from the dentist. I have to go back for a deep cleaning in a couple weeks. YUCK!!!

Heading to bed now. Going to read for a bit before I fall asleep. Bonus - I remember what I am reading now.
                      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Cowboy - isn't tomorrow Thursday?

But yes- us Canadians have our long weekend. My fav weekend of the year. It is the true beginning of spring/ summer. We got married on this weekend -27 yrs ago, my son was born in later may ( not same yr - it is just a happy time.

Happy thoughts to all- be strong- check out the tool box for some ideas. But the best one for me - get all AL out of the house.

Comment

Morning y'all! BG, you're right, today is only Thursday! I lose my day of the week when I'm farming lol. And Happy Anniversary to you and hubby! But, I guess for us alkies, there was a time when everyday was Friday and a reason to get drunk. Drove home late last night after finishing for the day, no tractor for me till this afternoon as I have to take Bubba to the bright lights for her dental surgery.

Pauly, as I was driving home I was thinking about your posts, here and the one in the NN. You couldn't be more spot on! Everything you said is what makes up an alcoholic, and you put it in simple terms that most anyone can understand.. Thank you for laying yourself out there, I know it wasn't easy! :hug: When people read those posts, they should be afraid of what AL can and will do to us if we let it. Now, if it were just that easy....

Still not caught up with everyone, but as you can tell, my mind isn't working quite right, thinking today was Friday and all, maybe too much bouncing around in the tractor haha. So, even though it's only Thursday, we all need to remain diligent, locking all the doors that AL can use to sneak in, and if you have trouble with a door or two, give me a call, I'm also a locksmith!

Have a great day my friends!
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hey all, Happy Anniversary Beachy and you're absolutely right about the no alcohol in the house, we never keep it, unless I've drank then I keep a stash, the Sunday I hit the wall I made sure it was all gone!knew I needed no temptation around when I detoxed Monday, Cowboy, just wanted to say that I love how supportive you've been to me and all of us hope Bubba's appointment goes good, keep replaying last Thursday in my head, things I could have done instead, sheesh I purposely put a fresh antabuse pill in my purse, but I tore out of work pissed off at the world and drove straight to the gas station, bought my beers,picked up my son,got home and then didn't even feel like drinking, but figured since I bought it, well you know the rest,sorry I'm being a thread hog,just sorting this out,hope everyone has a nice Thursday, off to get ready for work

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Was it Beachy or OH that posted" don't count the days make the days count"? I'm gonna ripthat one off

Comment

Just checking in. Had a play date for daughter over most of the day.

I'm so angry at myself! I don't hvw support of anyone as they don't know the extent of my drinking.

Have a client in a moment so will check in later

Comment

Working...
                                X