Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up since 2:30 with a very sick Lucy! She has been vomiting and she just wants me to sit with her. Maybe going to the vet if this continues:sad: glad she was ok for my parents. Always something. Have a good Monday.

Comment

Hey guys,first off congratulations Cowboy on 6 months!!!!! Liz,so happy your home Lucy,probably ate table scraps or something, makes them sick if they're not used to it,Winslow wouldn't have any problems cuz he's always getting fed off our plates haha,Cowboy, I think the loamers were really committedto ssobriety and holding each other accountable, I've read when someone was tempted to drink,they'd think about having to come on and tell their quit buddies they drank and it worked to deter them from drinkin, I dunno,I don't have any answers as to why people come and go on this or any other thread,I just hope for the best for them,hope they're working outside of MWO to quit drinking poison, hello to all let's have an unManic Monday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi All, heading off on vacation for a week. I'll be on a pontoon in the Canadian wilderness aka Lac du Camp, Quebec and will not have access to internet.

I know I just returned but I am committed and only away because of logistics.

Congrats to BG and ABCowboy!! Well done!!
        "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
        Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hi All-

Congratulations Cowboy! Farmer, construction worker, counselor, sobriety coach...I don't know how you do it all. Yes the dates you have are correct for me and Bri.

Liz-Welcome back! I hope your dog is o.k. Like Pauly said it is probably from eating too much human food. Poor little thing.

Min-Glad to see you posting more. It will help you and help everyone here reading.

OH- Did you start seeing a therapist yet? I would like to know how that goes for you.

Ginger-Has your weather cooled down? The last couple of days here have been drizzly and cooler. It is a nice change.

BG-I totally agree with you on giving up the fight with alcohol. I have fully accepted the fact that I cannot drink again. It is liberating.

SS-I hope you enjoy your trip!

TMH, Daisy, Knitty, Bandit, Bri&Mr. V-I hope you all are still with us.

Happy Sober Monday to all of you!

JackieM

Comment

Evening all. A quick check in. Made it home and all kids in bed. Unpacking tomorrow just can't face it at 10.30pm.

Thanks for all your help guys. I will post again in the morning

Ooh did that not post last night?

Sorry quick check in kids had a mammoth nap 4-5.30 pm so roll on evening fun times.

Will write more when/if they go to bed lol.

Congrats cowboy what. Fantastic achievement!!

What's the loaners thread? Had a quick look last night and didn't see anything. Did find this thread and oh my goodness. How much does the stories in this sound familiar?

Lizann- poor Lucy! Don't know much about dogs. Sorry but hope she is feeling better soon!

Stay strong quitters x

Until the. CONGRTS on 7m BG. What a fantastic achievement!

Comment

Min-
              The thread is under Monthly Abstinence-Ladies on a Mission.

Comment

Cowboy - my dear friend - I am so happy to have you as a friend and support.
                You have worked so hard and have come so far - you should be super proud of yourself.

We are so lucky to have you close in our thread!!

Comment

Hey Liz - how is Lucy this morning?
                  Poor pup. I know how hard it is to see them sick and not know what to do.
                  Be strong

Comment

I am taking a course in Neuro linguistic programming .
                    It's about taping into subconscious mi d to create change - happiness etc

Basically think happy and you will be happy

Comment

Hi all - I had to seek out some internet as I missed my peeps!! Lots of good stuff going on here, a BIG CONGRAT's to Cowboy and BG!! Well done!!

I am still struggling with moving out of contemplation to the determination stage. Not doing that great honestly but there it is. MinS and Cowboy your posts a little bit back were very helpful. No, I haven't told that many people about my desire to quit. I haven't told my doctor. Hmmm . . . .

I'm not sure what more people on here could do to support Cowboy. I feel encouraged and not judged. I also learn a lot from other people's stories and advice for what worked for them. Is there some sort of magic dust that helps give you the inner core of motivation and determination? If so could you sprinkle some my way?!?!?!

I am SO happy other folks are doing better with their quits. I'll get there someday! Take care all!!

Comment

AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Evening again all!
                          I hope you're back AG. No matter what we need to keep going. There is nothing we can do about the past attempts. We can change the next one.

I know if I don't keep trying, the alternative isn't even thinkable.

AG- have you notes down the AF days you've done. I like challenges
                          And making a note the pat week or so has got me competitive. That way I know I'm also not just failing quits but racking up some AF days. Days which I wouldn't have of I wasn't mindful of my drinking and trying. Keep trying girl. How are you doing with steps? I've been failing miserably with my steps. But as they say.... One step at a time :/

Had a tough day today. Actually I knew it would be. We got back late last night. Hubby and I not on talking terms- whole other story. Today when he got back from work the tension just seeped right back into me. I would've had a drink hd we had some in the house. Even tempted to go to shops if I had not had a good few AF days behind me.

He is definitely a trigger. I've known this a while. Tosay whilst making dinner the other trigger- hunger came into play. With two strong triggers I really did want a drink. I must hve been a sight as I scoffed pancakes at the sink as they came off the pan

Thankfully it worked for me. I managed to come away. Still another day another dollar.

I hope everyone is holding on strong.

cowboy- sometimes it's ok not to have too much to say - seems I am doing it lot instead :-)

Stay strong quitters. I'll check in again in the morning if I can. Taking kids to see The Gruffalo at the Lyric Theatre in London Town tomorrow :-)

Night x

Comment

Good to see you AG my steps have been lagging too Min,I'm not trying to be lazy,this morning my walk was 50 minutes and I STILL only got 6200,I musta been draggin ass,we're missing some peeps,check in porfavor hope everyone is enjoying their day
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Howdy everyone, thanks for all the well wishes! Even though it's only been 6 months, it really does feel like 60 months as NoSugar said. As we've said before, you'll just know when the time is right for your final quit, but don't think it will just knock on the door waiting to get in, you have to invite it!

Liz, really hope Lucy is okay!

Pauly, we are the Quitters, every bit as determined as the Loamers in my books! If they can do it, so can we!!

Min, great to see you posting daily and getting some AF days totaling up! Keep it up eh!

BG and Ginger, thank you for keeping this thread alive and keeping all of us anchored to it!

SS, enjoy your vacation, but stay strong for yourself and all of us.

AG, no such thing as magic dust lol, but I'll send a few prayers your way...any fires burning in your neck of Alaska?

OH, hope things are going well?

Jackie, I enjoy reading your posts, you and all the newcomers definitely add to the thread!

And the rest of the quitters who apparently lost the link to get here, we're easy to find and we've kept your chairs warm, but we'd sooner see you in them!
                              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

No fires here in soggy Southeast, thank goodness. Interior is still burning. So one small success is I have been racking up the steps. I've had two personal best days of over 15,000, woot woot!! My access to Internet will be spotty until August 1. But know that I miss u guys!!

Comment

Working...
                                X